Affiliation: University of Athens
- The role of sandostatin LAR in treating patients with advanced hepatocellular cancerDimitrios Dimitroulopoulos
Saint Savvas Cancer Hospital, Liver Cancer Unit, Athens, Greece
Hepatogastroenterology 49:1245-50. 2002..The aim of the study was to estimate if and to what extent the administration of octreotide long-acting formulation (Sandostatin LAR) improves survival and quality of life in patients with advanced unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Immune thrombocytopenic purpura in a patient treated with interferon alfacon-1D Dimitroulopoulos
Gastroenterology Unit, Saint Savvas Hospital, GR 152 34 Halandri, Athens, Greece
J Viral Hepat 11:477-8. 2004..Despite the high doses and long life of corticosteroid treatment HCV RNA remained undetectable...
- Scintigraphic detection of carcinoid tumors with a cost effectiveness analysisDimitris Dimitroulopoulos
Gastroenterology Unit, Agios Savvas Cancer Hospital, Athens, Greece
World J Gastroenterol 10:3628-33. 2004..To evaluate the diagnostic sensitivity and accuracy and the cost-effectiveness of this technique in the detection of gastroenteropancreatic carcinoid tumors and their metastases in comparison with conventional imaging methods...
- Natural course of inoperable esophageal cancer treated with metallic expandable stents: quality of life and cost-effectiveness analysisDimitrios Xinopoulos
Gastroenterology Unit, Saint Savvas Cancer Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:1397-402. 2004..All patients with inoperable esophageal cancers treated with either laser palliation or endoprosthesis insertion were studied retrospectively...
- Prospective, randomized, controlled, observer-blinded trial of combined infrared photocoagulation and micronized purified flavonoid fraction versus each alone for the treatment of hemorrhoidal diseaseDimitrios Dimitroulopoulos
Gastroenterology Unit, Saint Savvas Hospital, Athens, Greece
Clin Ther 27:746-54. 2005..Infrared photocoagulation (IRP) is commonly used in the treatment of hemorrhoids, but rectal bleeding can persist after this procedure. Adjuvant therapy may thus be considered for more definitive control of symptoms, particularly bleeding...
- Long acting octreotide in the treatment of advanced hepatocellular cancer and overexpression of somatostatin receptors: randomized placebo-controlled trialD Dimitroulopoulos
Liver Cancer Unit, Agios Savvas Cancer Hospital, 35 Parnassou str, GR 152 34 Halandri Athens, and Laboratory of Biostatistics, Department of Nursing, University of Athens, Greece
World J Gastroenterol 13:3164-70. 2007..To estimate if and to what extent long acting octreotide (LAR) improves survival and quality of life in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Peginterferon/ribavirin treatment achieves a higher compliance rate than interferon/ribavirin combination in patients chronically infected with HCV on methadone maintenanceDimitrios Dimitroulopoulos
Department of Gastroenterology, Agios Savvas Hospital, Athens, Greece
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:1407-12. 2009..Chronic hepatitis C virus infection (HCV) is the most common infectious disease among intravenous drug users...