Affiliation: University of Athens
- Medical Research Council dyspnea scale does not relate to fibroblast foci profusion in IPFChristina Triantafillidou
2nd Pulmonary Department, Attikon University Hospital, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
Diagn Pathol 6:28. 2011..We hypothesized a relationship between Medical Research Council (MRC) dyspnea scale with FF, and a relationship between FF and functional parameters and survival...
- Clinical review: idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis acute exacerbations--unravelling Ariadne's threadSpyros A Papiris
2nd Pulmonary Department, Attikon University Hospital, Athens Medical School, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 1 Rimini Street, 12462, Haidari, Greece
Crit Care 14:246. 2010..Admission to an intensive care unit (ICU) is a particular clinical and ethical challenge because of the extremely poor outcome. Transplantation in the ICU setting often presents insurmountable difficulties...
- Bench-to-bedside review: pulmonary-renal syndromes--an update for the intensivistSpyros A Papiris
2nd Pulmonary Department, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Attikon University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Crit Care 11:213. 2007..Renal transplantation is the only alternative in end-stage renal disease. Newer immunomodulatory agents such as those causing TNF blockade, B-cell depletion and mycophenolate mofetil could be used in patients with refractory disease...
- Static and dynamic mechanics of the murine lung after intratracheal bleomycinEffrosyni D Manali
2nd Pulmonary Department, Attikon General Hospital, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens Medical School, Haidari, Greece
BMC Pulm Med 11:33. 2011....
- MRC chronic Dyspnea Scale: Relationships with cardiopulmonary exercise testing and 6-minute walk test in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis patients: a prospective studyEffrosyni D Manali
Second Pulmonary Department, Attikon University Hospital, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
BMC Pulm Med 10:32. 2010....
- Mycobacterium kansasii endobronchial ulcer in a nonimmunocompromised patientE D Manali
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Respiration 72:305-8. 2005..Prompt recognition is important for the effective control and prevention of an unfavorable outcome in an otherwise easily treatable disease...
- High dose-rate endobronchial radiotherapy for proximal airway obstruction due to lung cancer: 8-year experience of a referral centerEffrosyni D Manali
Department of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 25:207-13. 2010..Contemporary HDERT with or without additional treatment modalities is effective against central airway compromise resulting from lung cancer...
- The impact on community acquired pneumonia empirical therapy of diagnostic bronchoscopic techniquesEffrosyni Manali
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, University General Hospital Attikon, Athens, Greece
Scand J Infect Dis 40:286-92. 2008..3% of patients because of the application of the cultures of sputum and invasive technique. PSB and BAL added significant information to the aetiological diagnosis of hospitalized immunocompetent patients with CAP...
- Sleep oxygen desaturation predicts survival in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisLikurgos Kolilekas
Second Pulmonary Department, Attikon University Hospital, Medical School, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Clin Sleep Med 9:593-601. 2013..Recent studies suggest poor sleep quality in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). However, so far, the impact of IPF-related sleep breathing disorders (SBDs) on survival has not been extensively studied...
- The many faces of sarcoidosis: asymptomatic muscle mass mimicking giant-cell tumorLikurgos Kolilekas
2nd Pulmonary Department, Attikon University Hospital, School of Medicine, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 12462 Haidari, Athens, Greece
Rheumatol Int 29:1389-90. 2009..MRI and 18F-FDG PET-CT are the best methods to attempt the diagnosis of nodular muscular sarcoidosis; nevertheless, the lesion can mimic a malignant tumor. In this case, biopsy is the only tool to identify the disease...
- Tracheal compression in Marfan syndromeLikurgos Kolilekas
The Second Pulmonary Department, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Attikon University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Intern Med 47:1069-70. 2008