Stella Maria G Kyvelou
Affiliation: University of Athens
- Associations between plasma homocysteine levels, aortic stiffness and wave reflection in patients with arterial hypertension, isolated office hypertension and normotensive controlsG Vyssoulis
Hypertension Unit, 1st Cardiology Clinic Athens University, Hippokration Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Hum Hypertens 24:183-9. 2010..302 (0.124), P=0.015; AH: beta (SE): 0.183 (0.057), P=0.001; NT: beta (SE): 0.308 (0.240), P=0.200). This study points to an independent relationship between circulating homocysteine levels, aortic compliance and wave reflection...
- Effects of antihypertensive treatment with angiotensin II receptor blockers on lipid profile: an open multi-drug comparison trialStella Maria G Kyvelou
Hypertension Unit, 1st Cardiology Department, Athens University, Hippokration Hospital, Greece
Hellenic J Cardiol 47:21-8. 2006..This study was conducted to evaluate blood pressure control and the plasma lipid profile in hypertensive patients after six months' treatment with ARB...
- Beneficial effects of angiotensin II type 1 receptor blocker antihypertensive treatment on inflammation indices: the effect of smokingStella Maria G Kyvelou
Hypertension Unit, First Cardiology Department, Athens Medical School, Hippokration Hospital, First Cardiology Department of Onassis Cardiosurgery Center, Athens, Greece
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 9:21-7. 2007..05), indicating that the ARB or ARB/diuretic anti-inflammatory effect may be adversely affected by smoking status...
- Beneficial effect of angiotensin II type 1 receptor blocker antihypertensive treatment on arterial stiffness: the role of smokingGregory P Vyssoulis
Hypertension Unit, First Department of Cardiology, University of Athens Medical School, Hippokration Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 10:201-7. 2008..05). Chronic ARB treatment may favorably affect arterial stiffness and wave reflections in hypertensive chronic smokers with elevated plasma renin levels...
- Nocturnal blood pressure fall and metabolic syndrome score in hypertensive patientsGregory P Vyssoulis
Hypertension Unit 1st Cardiology Clinic Athens University, Hippokration Hospital, Athens, Greece
Blood Press Monit 12:351-6. 2007..The purpose of this study is to investigate any possible association of different dipping patterns to MS scores in untreated patients with essential hypertension...
- Microalbuminuria and global myocardial function in patients with essential hypertension [correction of hypertensive]P Vyssoulis
Hypertension Unit, 1st Cardiology Clinic Hippokration Hospital, Athens University, Greece
Int J Cardiol 126:268-72. 2008..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the possible correlation of Tei index to microalbuminuria, which is an indice of kidney target-organ damage in hypertensive patients...