Constantine I Fotiadis
Affiliation: University of Athens
- Primary tumors of the spleenC Fotiadis
3rd Department of Surgery, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Medical School, ATTIKON University Hospital of Athens, Greece
Int J Biomed Sci 5:85-91. 2009..Metastatic tumors to the spleen mainly originate from melanoma, breast and lung lesions. However, metastases to the spleen are rare compared to those of other parenchymatous organs...
- Effects of mycophenolate mofetil vs cyclosporine administration on graft survival and function after islet allotransplantation in diabetic ratsConstantin Fotiadis
3rd Department of Surgery, Athens University Medical School, 12 Diligiani str, 14561 Athens, Greece
World J Gastroenterol 11:2733-8. 2005..To develop an experimental model of islet allotransplantation in diabetic rats and to determine the positive or adverse effects of MMF as a single agent...
- Colonic duplication in adults: report of two cases presenting with rectal bleedingC Fotiadis
Department of Surgery, University of Athens, Melissia, Athens 15127, Greece
World J Gastroenterol 11:5072-4. 2005..The cystic structure and the adjacent part of the colon were excised en-block. The study implies that colonic duplication, though uncommon, should be included in the differential diagnosis of rectal bleeding...
- Gardner's syndrome: a case report and review of the literatureC Fotiadis
8 Tripoleos Street, Melissia, Athens 15721, Greece
World J Gastroenterol 11:5408-11. 2005....
- Role of probiotics, prebiotics and synbiotics in chemoprevention for colorectal cancerConstantine Iosif Fotiadis
3rd Surgical Clinic of the University hospital ATTIKON, Rimini 1, 12462, Haidari, Greece
World J Gastroenterol 14:6453-7. 2008..However, there is a wealth of evidence emerging from laboratory studies. The mechanisms by which pro-, pre- and synbiotics may inhibit colon cancer are now beginning to be understood and will be addressed in the present review...
- Diffuse anorectal melanoma; review of the current diagnostic and treatment aspects based on a case reportChristos N Stoidis
3rd Department of Surgery, University of Athens Medical School, Attikon University Hospital, Athens, Greece
World J Surg Oncol 7:64. 2009..Herein, we report a case of a 57-year-old man with a diffuse anal canal melanoma and give reference to the current diagnostic and treatment options...
- Is zero underestimation feasible? Extended Vacuum-Assisted Breast Biopsy in solid lesions - a blind studyGeorge C Zografos
1st Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Athens University, Greece
World J Surg Oncol 5:53. 2007..The main disadvantage is underestimation, which might render the management of atypical ductal hyperplasia (ADH), and ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) difficult. This study aims to develop and assess a modified way of performing VABB...
- Surgical treatment of giant mesenteric fibromatosis presenting as a gastrointestinal stromal tumor: a case reportChristos N Stoidis
Department of Surgery, Athens Navy Hospital, 70 Deinokratous Street, 11521, Athens, Greece
J Med Case Reports 4:314. 2010..Certain non-typical cases of intra-abdominal fibromatosis with involvement of the bowel wall can be misdiagnosed because of their different biological behavior...