Genomes and Genes
Spiros D Garbis
Affiliation: Foundation for Biomedical Research
- Search for potential markers for prostate cancer diagnosis, prognosis and treatment in clinical tissue specimens using amine-specific isobaric tagging (iTRAQ) with two-dimensional liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometrySpiros D Garbis
Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens, Greece
J Proteome Res 7:3146-58. 2008..The PCa proteome found can serve as a useful aid for the identification of improved diagnostic and prognostic markers and ultimately novel chemopreventive and therapeutic targets...
- A novel multidimensional protein identification technology approach combining protein size exclusion prefractionation, peptide zwitterion-ion hydrophilic interaction chromatography, and nano-ultraperformance RP chromatography/nESI-MS2 for the in-depth anaSpiros D Garbis
Center for Basic Research, Division of Biotechnology, Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece
Anal Chem 83:708-18. 2011....
- Zinc α2-glycoprotein as a potential novel urine biomarker for the early diagnosis of prostate cancerIoannis Katafigiotis
Department of Urology, Athens University Medical School Laiko Hospital, Athens, Greece katafi
BJU Int 110:E688-93. 2012....
- Analysis of the in vitro metabolites of diferuloylmethane (curcumin) by liquid chromatography--tandem mass spectrometry on a hybrid quadrupole linear ion trap system: newly identified metabolitesConstantin Tamvakopoulos
Department of Pharmacology Pharmacotechnology, Foundation for Biomedical Research of the Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece
Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 32:51-7. 2007..The major pathways of curcumin metabolism in vitro have been summarized. Finally, very similar metabolic pathways of curcumin were observed in human and mouse microsomes...
- Resistance of naturally secreted α-synuclein to proteolysisMethodios Ximerakis
Center for Neurosciences, Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece
FASEB J 28:3146-58. 2014..Ximerakis, M., Pampalakis, G., Roumeliotis, T. I., Sykioti, V.-S., Garbis, S. D., Stefanis, L., Sotiropoulou, G., Vekrellis, K. Resistance of naturally secreted α-synuclein to proteolysis. ..
- Muscle lim protein isoform negatively regulates striated muscle actin dynamics and differentiationElizabeth Vafiadaki
Molecular Biology Division, Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens, Greece
FEBS J 281:3261-79. 2014....
- Cell-produced alpha-synuclein is secreted in a calcium-dependent manner by exosomes and impacts neuronal survivalEvangelia Emmanouilidou
Division of Basic Neurosciences, Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens, Athens 11527, Greece
J Neurosci 30:6838-51. 2010....
- Proteomic analysis of amniotic fluid in pregnancies with Down syndromeGeorge Th Tsangaris
Division of Biotechnology, Centre of Basic Research, Foundation for Biomedical Research of the Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece
Proteomics 6:4410-9. 2006..However, for protein biomarkers to be of any clinical utility, systematic analysis of the maternal serum should be conducted...
- A dual-isotope-labeling method of studying the bioavailability of hexaglutamyl folic acid relative to that of monoglutamyl folic acid in humans by using multiple orally administered low dosesAlida Melse-Boonstra
Wageningen Centre for Food Sciences, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 84:1128-33. 2006..Previous studies comparing the bioavailabilities of polyglutamyl and monoglutamyl folic acid had inconsistent results...