Affiliation: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Non-trophoblastic tumor of the placenta with combined histologic features of chorangioma and leiomyomaD Miliaras
Laboratory of Histology and Embryology, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Placenta 32:102-4. 2011..Genetic studies by means of PCR excluded maternal and confirmed placental origin of the lesion...
- Adult type granulosa cell tumor: a very rare case of sex-cord tumor of the testis with review of the literatureDimosthenis Miliaras
Laboratory of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54006 Thessaloniki, Greece Department of Pathology, Euromedica Geniki Kliniki of Thessaloniki, 2 Gravias Street, 54645 Thessaloniki, Greece
Case Rep Pathol 2013:932086. 2013..Two years after surgery, the patient is alive and well with no signs of recurrence...
- The immunohistochemical expression of CD24 and CD171 adhesion molecules in borderline ovarian tumorsAlexandra Moulla
Dimosthenis Miliaras, 14 Ethnikis Amynis Street, 54621 Thessaloniki, Greece, fax 30 2310 241 810, E mail
Pol J Pathol 64:180-4. 2013..Change of staining pattern of CD24 (apical to cytoplasmic) apparently relates to a more aggressive phenotype. ..
- Inflammatory pseudotumor of the liver: a case report and review of the literatureAchilleas Ntinas
Department of Hepato pancreato biliary Surgery, Euromedica General Clinic, 2 Gravias 11 Maria Callas Str, 546 45, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Med Case Rep 5:196. 2011..Inflammatory pseudotumor of the liver represents a fairly uncommon pathology. Although it is a benign tumor, the correct diagnosis can be missed...
- A randomized phase III trial of adjuvant chemotherapy with irinotecan, leucovorin and fluorouracil versus leucovorin and fluorouracil for stage II and III colon cancer: a Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group studyChristos A Papadimitriou
Department of Clinical Therapeutics, Alexandra Hospital, University of Athens School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
BMC Med 9:10. 2011..In this multicenter adjuvant phase III trial, we evaluated the addition of irinotecan to weekly 5FU plus LV in patients with stage II or III colon cancer...
- Human pulmonary Dirofilariasis: one more case in Greece suggests that Dirofilaria is a rather common cause of coin lesions in the lungs in endemic areas of EuropeD Miliaras
Laboratory of Histology and Embryology, Medical School, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 23:345-8. 2010..For this reason the authors suggest that in every case which presents with a coin lesion in the lung in endemic areas, dirofilariasis should always be considered, and excluded before any other intervention is decided...
- Ossifying fibromyxoid tumor may express CD56 and CD99: a case reportDimosthenis Miliaras
Laboratory of Histology, Embryology and Anthropology, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, GR 54006 Thessaloniki, Greece
Int J Surg Pathol 15:437-40. 2007..In our opinion, in the absence of reactivity to at least one neuroectodermal marker one should seriously question a diagnosis of OFMT...
- Karyotypic changes detected by comparative genomic hybridization in a stillborn infant with chorioangioma and liver hemangiomaDimosthenis Miliaras
Laboratory of Histology, Embryology and Anthropology, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 79:236-41. 2007..Placental hemangioma (chorioangioma) and congenital hemangioma are relatively common tumors, which on rare occasions may occur together. Very little is known about the pathogenetic mechanisms underlying these lesions...
- Novel karyotypic changes detected by comparative genomic hybridization in a case of congenital cervical immature teratomaDimosthenis Miliaras
Laboratory of Histology, Embryology and Anthropology, Medical Faculty, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 73:572-6. 2005..Cervical immature teratoma is a rare congenital tumor, and very few cases have been studied cytogenetically...
- Cytokeratin 7 and 20 expression in gallbladder carcinomaHarikleia Kalekou
Department of Stomatology, School of Dentistry, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Pol J Pathol 62:25-30. 2011..Our results along with the data from the literature indicate that CK7/CK20 expression may be of clinical significance, and further investigation in this direction is needed...
- Mucous cysts of the nose: a postrhinoplasty complication?: a long-term follow-upAlexander Dionyssopoulos
Department of Plastic Surgery, General Hospital Papageorgiou, Faculty of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Ann Plast Surg 64:381-4. 2010..We believe that it is possible to prevent the appearance of mucous cysts after rhinoplasty, with careful dissection and avoidance of dispersion of mucosal material into a subcutaneous plane...
- Cell kinetics analysis in stage I endometrial carcinoma as determined by image cytometry and immunohistochemistry. Correlation with clinicopathologic characteristicsDimosthenis Miliaras
Department of Pathology, General Clinic, and Laboratory of Histology and Embryology, Medical Faculty, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 26:7-14. 2004..To test the significance of various proliferative indices in endometrial carcinoma (EC) since previous investigations failed to yield consistent results that would establish them as factors of clinical importance...
- Laparoscopic excision of uterine adenomyomasGrigoris F Grimbizis
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical Faculty, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Fertil Steril 89:953-61. 2008..To present a series of six consecutive women with adenomyomas who were successfully managed with a standard treatment strategy to elucidate the feasibility and the effectiveness of laparoscopic treatment of adenomyomas...
- Paclitaxel and bevacizumab as first line combined treatment in patients with metastatic breast cancer: the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group experience with biological marker evaluationGeorge Fountzilas
Department of Medical Oncology, Papageorgiou Hospital, Ring Road, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki School of Medicine, Thessaloniki, Greece
Anticancer Res 31:3007-18. 2011..However predictive or prognostic biological markers that identify the appropriate target population, thus improving the cost-effectiveness ratio of this treatment, are still needed...
- Successful laparoscopic treatment of a primary peritoneal leiomyomaGrigoris F Grimbizis
1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:1399-400. 2006
- High-level microsatellite instability is not involved in gallbladder carcinogenesisAngelica A Saetta
Department of Pathology, Medical School, The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 75 Mikras Asias Str, Goudi, GR 115 27 Athens, Greece
Exp Mol Pathol 80:67-71. 2006..The pathway of microsatellite instability seems to play a minor role in the pathogenesis of gallbladder cancer...
- Detection and typing of human papillomavirus DNA in uterine cervices with coexistent grade I and grade III intraepithelial neoplasia: biologic progression or independent lesions?Theodoros Agorastos
1st University Clinic of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical Faculty, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Papageorgiou Hospital, Greece
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 121:99-103. 2005....