- Systematic review of the evidence underlying the association between mineral metabolism disturbances and risk of fracture and need for parathyroidectomy in CKD
Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Am J Kidney Dis 53:1002-13. 2009
..Thus, a systematic review was conducted to assess method or clinical heterogeneity by comparing the design, analytical techniques, and results of studies...
- 2009: a requiem for rHuEPOs--but should we nail down the coffin in 2010?
Renal Department, Guy s Hospital, King s Health Partners, London, United Kingdom
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:929-35. 2010
..How we arrived at this crossroads is a useful illustration of how easy it is, without properly designed randomized, controlled trials, to assume that clinical benefit must follow therapeutic interventions...
- The Janus faces of ESAs: caveat Chimaera!
King s Health Partners AHSC, Wing Guy s Hospital, 6th Floor, Borough, London, SE1 9RT, UK
Int Urol Nephrol 45:761-7. 2013
- Oral phosphate binders in CKD - is calcium the (only) answer?
Renal and Transplantation Department, Guy s Hospital, London, UK, and Clinic of Nephrology, C I Parhon University Hospital, Gr T Popa, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi, Romania
Clin Nephrol 81:389-95. 2014
..However, not all binders are created equal in regards to their safety profiles. The potential for accumulations and toxicities does exist with very long-term continuous exposure. We discuss these issues in the course of this review. ..
- Through the looking glass: the protein science of biosimilars
Renal Unit, New Guy House, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Clin Exp Nephrol 11:191-5. 2007
..This review takes a look at how biosimilars are fundamentally different from their originator products by examining the biopharmaceutical production process and how it can influence the structure and function of the final drug product...
- Comparison of estimated GFR and measured GFR in prospective living kidney donors
MRC Centre for Transplantation and Renal Unit, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, King s College Academic Health Partners, London, UK
Int Urol Nephrol 47:201-8. 2015
..The aim of this study was to examine the usefulness of three GFR-estimating equations (eGFR) compared with measured GFR (mGFR) in potential living kidney donors...
- Long-term safety and efficacy of renin-angiotensin blockade in atherosclerotic renal artery stenosis
Department of Renal Medicine and Transplantation, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, King s Health Partners AHSC, London, SE1 9RT, UK
Int Urol Nephrol 44:1451-9. 2012
..The aim of the study was to assess the long-term safety, tolerability and outcomes of the use of angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEis) and angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) in patients with ARAS...
- Determinants of vitamin D status in long-term renal transplant patients
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Clin Transplant 26:E617-23. 2012
..Long-term RTx patients may benefit from oral vitamin D supplementation, but this requires a randomized controlled trial to confirm...
- Mineral and bone disorder after renal transplantation: a review
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, New Guy s House, Guy s Hospital, St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RT, UK
Int Urol Nephrol 40:171-84. 2008
- (18)F-fluoride positron emission tomography measurements of regional bone formation in hemodialysis patients with suspected adynamic bone disease
Michelle L Frost
Osteoporosis Unit, Division of Imaging Sciences and Biomedical Engineering, King s College London, Guy s Hospital Campus, Great Maze Pond, London, SE1 9RT, UK
Calcif Tissue Int 93:436-47. 2013
..81, p = 0.008) but not BFR/BS. Further studies are required to establish the sensitivity of (18)F-PET as a diagnostic tool for identifying CKD patients with ABD...
- Negative outcome studies in end-stage renal disease
Renal Unit, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Blood Purif 26:63-6. 2008
- Impact of vitamin D supplementation on arterial vasomotion, stiffness and endothelial biomarkers in chronic kidney disease patients
Renal and Transplantation Unit, St George s Healthcare NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom Cardiovascular Research Centre, St George s, University of London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 9:e91363. 2014
- Regression of vascular calcification in chronic kidney disease - feasible or fantasy? a review of the clinical evidence
Guy s Hospital, King s Health Partners, London, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 76:560-72. 2013
..Aiming to manipulate the active mechanisms involved in calcium deposition, these hold hope for reversal of calcification, but are still theoretical or in early animal or human experimentation. ..
- Glomerular filtration rate in prospective living kidney donors
Glen M Blake
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, King s College Academic Health Partners, London, UK
Int Urol Nephrol 45:1445-52. 2013
..Measurements of glomerular filtration rate (GFR) are frequently interpreted assuming a linear variation with age. Nonlinear relationships may give a better representation of the changes associated with normal ageing...
- Vitamin K status in chronic kidney disease: a report of a study and a mini-review
Nutristasis Laboratory, Guy s and St Thomas Hospitals Foundation Trust, London, UK
Int Urol Nephrol 45:1339-44. 2013
- The metabolic syndrome following kidney transplantation
Renal and Transplantation Department, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital, Great Maze Pond, London, UK
Kidney Int 78:S8-14. 2010
..Immunosuppressive regimens should be designed to limit exacerbation of components of the metabolic syndrome...
- Anaemia, microcytosis and sirolimus--is iron the missing link?
Department of Renal Medicine and Transplantation, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, King s Health Partners AHSC, London, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:1667-75. 2010
..Sirolimus (SRL) has been implicated in the causation of post-transplantation anaemia (PTA). It also induces profound red blood cell (RBC) microcytosis, which is poorly understood...
- Mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) inhibitors: potential uses and a review of haematological adverse effects
Department of Renal Medicine and Transplantation, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, King s Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre AHSC, London, UK
Drug Saf 34:97-115. 2011
..Moreover, this could expand the drugs' therapeutic applications to other disorders, and suggest novel targets for further research...
- Should patients with CKD stage 5D and biochemical evidence of secondary hyperparathyroidism be prescribed calcimimetic therapy? An ERA-EDTA position statement
Renal and Transplantation Department, Guy s and St Thomas Hospitals, London, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 30:698-700. 2015
- Case report: making the CONN-ection: two cases of persistent hypertension and hypokalaemia following renal transplantation
Kings College London School of Medicine, First Floor, Hodgkin Building, Guy s Campus, London, SE1 1UL, UK
Int Urol Nephrol 44:1577-80. 2012
..Abdominal MRI demonstrated a 90- and 20-mm right adrenal tumour in cases 1 and 2, respectively. For both patients, curative treatment was achieved via laparoscopic right adrenalectomy...
- Direct renin inhibitors: ONTARGET for success?
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, Fulham Road, London, UK
Int Urol Nephrol 41:341-55. 2009
- Anemia after renal transplantation
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Am J Kidney Dis 48:519-36. 2006