- New treatment in advanced thyroid cancer
Department of Medical Oncology, Mediterranean Institut of Oncology, Via Penninazzo, 7, 95029 Viagrande, Italy
J Oncol 2012:391629. 2012
..Reported data in this paper are encouraging, but further trials are necessary to obtain a more effective result in thyroid carcinoma treatment...
- Metastasis to the thyroid gland: a case report and review of the literature
Division of Medical Oncology, S Luigi Hospital, Catania, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 26:560-3. 2003
..In this report, we present a case of renal carcinoma with thyroid metastases and a review of the literature...
- Thyroid carcinosarcoma, a rare and aggressive histotype: a case report
Department of Oncology, Ospedale S Luigi S Currò, Catania, Italy
Ann Oncol 11:1497-9. 2000
..Carcinosarcoma of the thyroid is a very aggressive tumor with a clinical course similar to anaplastic thyroid carcinoma. Survival is very short despite aggressive multimodal treatment...
- [Anaplastic carcinoma of the thyroid: diagnosis and treatment]
Divisione di Oncologia Medica, Ospedale S Luigi, Azienda Ospedaliera Garibaldi S Luigi Currò Ascoli Tomaselli, Viale Fleming 24, 95100 Catania, Italia
Clin Ter 152:255-61. 2001
..Survival rates however remain low. Despite intense applications of such integrated therapy, no standardized successful treatment protocol has yet been established...
- Differentiated thyroid cancer in children and adolescents
Medical Oncology Unit, S Luigi Hospital, University of Catania, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 25:18-24. 2002
..For this reason, although the prognosis is usually good in these patients, we believe that total or near total thyroidectomy with lymphadenectomy is always the required initial surgical treatment...
- Usefulness of recombinant human thyrotropin in the radiometabolic treatment of selected patients with thyroid cancer
Istituto di Medicina Interna e Malattie Endocrine e del Metabolismo, University of Catania Medical School, Ospedale Garibaldi, Catania, Italy
Thyroid 11:1025-30. 2001
..Its efficacy to treat advanced metastatic disease should be further investigated...
- EGFR, KRAS, PIK3CA mutations and response to tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs) in advanced NSCLC patients
Medical Oncology, S Maria Misericordia Hospital, Perugia, Italy University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy Istituto Oncologico del Mediterraneo, Catania, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:22003. 2008
- Effect of genetic polymorphisms on toxicity and survival in advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients (pts) treated with carboplatin (CBDCA) and pemetrexed disodium regimen
Medical Oncology Division, S Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Perugia, Italy Oncology Department, Ist di Ricerche Farmacologiche M Negri, Milano, Italy Medical Oncology, Istituto Oncologico del Mediterraneo, Catania, Italy
J Clin Oncol 27:e19028. 2009
- Cardiac metastasis from primary anaplastic thyroid carcinoma: report of three cases and a review of the literature
Division of Medical Oncology, Ospedale San Luigi, Az. Osp. 'Garibaldi, Catania, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 8:71-3. 2001
..CONCLUSIONS: Anaplastic thyroid cancer is an aggressive cancer with a dismal prognosis. It should be borne in mind as a source of cardiac metastasis and a cause of cardiac death...
- Fludarabine phosphate as an active and well tolerated salvage therapy in an elderly heavily pretreated Hodgkin's disease patient: a case report
Division of Medical Oncology, , Catania, Italy
Tumori 85:288-9. 1999
..The duration of clinical remission and systemic symptom palliation was 9 and 11 months, respectively. Further evaluation of fludarabine phosphate as salvage therapy in relapsed/refractory elderly Hodgkin's disease patients is needed...
- Diagnosis of breast cancer metastases with PET/TC in patients with elevation of tumor markers: First data update
Mediterranean Institute of Oncology, Viagrande, Catania, Italy Istituto Oncologico del Mediterraneo, Viagrande, Catania, Italy ARNAS Garibaldi Nesima, Catania, Italy
J Clin Oncol 29:1541. 2011
..This study investigates the potential role of PET / CT to detect clinically occult metastases in patients with suspected recurrence of breast cancer during follow-up...
- Carboplatin plus pemetrexed for platinum-pretreated, advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a retrospective study with pharmacogenetic evaluation
Division of Medical Oncology, Azienda Ospedaliera Santa Maria della Misericordia, Via Dottori 1, 06156 Perugia, Italy
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 68:1405-12. 2011
..Also, single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) at the XRCC3, XPD, ERCC1, GARFT, DHFR, and TS genes were investigated...