- Factors associated with trajectories of psychological distress for Australian fathers across the early parenting period
Parenting Research Centre, 5 232 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic, 3002, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 49:1961-71. 2014
- Study protocol for a randomized, controlled, superiority trial comparing the clinical and cost- effectiveness of integrated online mental health assessment-referral-care in pregnancy to usual prenatal care on prenatal and postnatal mental health and infan
University of Alberta, 11405 87th Avenue, Edmonton T6G 1C9 AB, Canada
Trials 15:72. 2014
..Without treatment, poor prenatal mental health can persist for years and impact future maternal, child, and family well-being...
- Comparing the feasibility, acceptability, clinical-, and cost-effectiveness of mental health e-screening to paper-based screening on the detection of depression, anxiety, and psychosocial risk in pregnant women: a study protocol of a randomized, parallel-
University of Alberta, 11405 87th Avenue, Edmonton, T6G 1C9, Canada
Trials 15:3. 2014
..Identifying screening and assessment tools and procedures that are acceptable to both women and service providers, cost-effective, and clinically useful is needed...
- Risk factors associated with trajectories of mothers' depressive symptoms across the early parenting period: an Australian population-based longitudinal study
Parenting Research Centre, 5 232 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne, 3002, Victoria, Australia
Arch Womens Ment Health 17:115-25. 2014
..This research identifies risk factors that may predispose mothers to enduring depressive symptoms, offering opportunities for early identification and targeted early intervention. ..
- The emotional and behavioural functioning of siblings of children with special health care needs across childhood
Parenting Research Centre, 5 232 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia RMIT University, GPO Box 2476, Melbourne, Victoria 3001, Australia Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Road, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia Electronic address
Res Dev Disabil 35:814-25. 2014
- Fatigue, wellbeing and parental self-efficacy in mothers of children with an autism spectrum disorder
Parenting Research Centre, East Melbourne, Australia
Autism 17:465-80. 2013
..The need for interventions to specifically target parental fatigue and its impact on families affected by ASDs both in the short and long term is clearly indicated. ..
- Psychosocial risk factors associated with fathers' mental health in the postnatal period: results from a population-based study
Parenting Research Centre, Level 5, 232 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne, VIC 3002, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 48:563-73. 2013
..This paper examines a broad range of socio-demographic, individual, infant and contextual factors to identify those associated with fathers' psychological distress in the first year postpartum...
- Father mental health during the early parenting period: results of an Australian population based longitudinal study
Parenting Research Centre, Level 5, 232 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne, Vic, 3002, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 47:1907-16. 2012
..Secondary objectives were to compare fathers' mental health against normative data for the general male adult population, and to examine the course of mental health problems for fathers across the early childhood period...
- Postpartum maternal separation anxiety, overprotective parenting, and children's social-emotional well-being: longitudinal evidence from an Australian cohort
Amanda R Cooklin
Parenting Research Centre, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
J Fam Psychol 27:618-28. 2013
- Fatigue, stress and coping in mothers of children with an autism spectrum disorder
Faculty of Life and Social Science, Swinburne University of Technology, Mail H31, P O Box 218, Hawthorn, Vic, 3122, Australia
J Autism Dev Disord 43:1547-54. 2013
..The significance of fatigue on maternal wellbeing was highlighted as an important area for consideration in families of children with an ASD...
- Bidirectional associations between mothers' and fathers' parenting consistency and child BMI
Pauline W Jansen
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Flemington Rd, Parkville, Victoria 3053, Australia
Pediatrics 132:e1513-20. 2013
..Moreover, there has been little attention to the influences of both mothers' and fathers' parenting. We aimed to examine reciprocal relationships between maternal and paternal parenting consistency and child BMI...
- Maternal depression from pregnancy to 4 years postpartum and emotional/behavioural difficulties in children: results from a prospective pregnancy cohort study
Healthy Mothers Healthy Families Research Group, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, WL5 Royal Childrens Hospital, Flemington Road Parkville, Victoria, 3052, Australia
Arch Womens Ment Health 19:141-51. 2016
..Our findings suggest a pressing need to rethink current paradigms of maternal health surveillance and extend mental health surveillance and support to at least 4 years postpartum. ..
- Comparison of methods for recruiting and engaging parents in online interventions: study protocol for the Cry Baby infant sleep and settling program
Parenting Research Centre, 5 232 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne, 3002, Vic, Australia
BMC Pediatr 15:174. 2015
- "I didn't know it was possible to feel that tired": exploring the complex bidirectional associations between maternal depressive symptoms and fatigue in a prospective pregnancy cohort study
Healthy Mothers Healthy Families Research Group, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, W5, Royal Children s Hospital, 50 Flemington Road, Parkville, Victoria, 3052, Australia
Arch Womens Ment Health 19:25-34. 2016
..The findings of this study suggest interventions targeting the prevention and management of fatigue may also confer some benefit in improving or preventing the development of depression symptoms in the early parenting period. ..
- What matters for working fathers? Job characteristics, work-family conflict and enrichment, and fathers' postpartum mental health in an Australian cohort
Amanda R Cooklin
La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 146:214-22. 2015
..Findings will inform the provision of specific 'family-friendly' conditions protective for fathers during this critical stage in the family life-cycle, with implications for their wellbeing and that of their families. ..
- Wide Awake Parenting: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial of a parenting program for the management of post-partum fatigue
Parenting Research Centre, 5 232 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne, VIC 3002, Australia
BMC Public Health 13:26. 2013
..This paper outlines the procedure for a randomised controlled study which aims to test the efficacy of Wide Awake Parenting, a program for the management of fatigue in the postnatal period...
- The emotional-behavioural functioning of children exposed to maternal depressive symptoms across pregnancy and early childhood: a prospective Australian pregnancy cohort study
Healthy Mothers Healthy Families Research Group, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, W5, Royal Children s Hospital, 50 Flemington Road, Parkville, Vic, 3052, Australia
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 24:1233-44. 2015
- Fatherhood in a New Country: A Qualitative Study Exploring the Experiences of Afghan Men and Implications for Health Services
Healthy Mothers Healthy Families Research Group, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Birth 43:86-92. 2016
..This has implications for the role of men in promoting the health and well-being of their families...
- The bidirectional relationship between sleep problems and internalizing and externalizing problems in children with ADHD: a prospective cohort study
Community Child Health, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, 50 Flemington Road, Parkville, Victoria, Australia Electronic address
Sleep Med 17:45-51. 2016
..We investigated the potential bidirectional relationship between sleep problems and internalizing/externalizing problems...
- Maternal depressive symptoms across early childhood and asthma in school children: findings from a Longitudinal Australian Population Based Study
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Parkville, Australia
PLoS ONE 10:e0121459. 2015
..The burden of disease from childhood asthma may be reduced by strengthening efforts to promote maternal mental health in the early years of parenting. ..