- Late esophageal perforation complicating anterior cervical plate fixation in ankylosing spondylitis: a case report and review of the literatureMarty Zdichavsky
Department of Trauma Surgery, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 124:349-53. 2004..Minor traumas in patients with AS are unstable and can result in significant spinal injury. Dorsoventral stabilization should be performed to avoid further complications...
- [Ankylosing spondylitis. Therapy and complications of 34 spine fractures]M Zdichavsky
Abteilung für Allgemeine Chirurgie, Klinikum der Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
Chirurg 76:967-75. 2005..The aim of this retrospective study was to evaluate the therapy and complications of these fractures in AS for a better understanding and management...
- Laparoscopic rectosigmoid resection for acute sigmoid diverticulitisMarty Zdichavsky
Division of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, Department of Surgery, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 13:804-5. 2009..As more surgeons gain expertise in minimally invasive surgery of the rectosigmoid, this video highlights the main steps of a rectosigmoid resection for acute complicated diverticulitis...
- Acute laparoscopic intervention for diverticular disease (AIDD): a feasible approachMarty Zdichavsky
Division of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, University Hospital Tuebingen, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, 72076, Tuebingen, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 395:41-8. 2010..Benefits of elective surgical therapies could advance the early laparoscopic approach for acute sigmoid diverticulitis...
- Mechanical ileus induces surgical intervention due to gastric balloon: a case report and review of the literatureMarty Zdichavsky
Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Obes Surg 20:1743-6. 2010..The gastric balloon model can be associated with major complications and should be used critically. Removal of the balloon should be assured not later than 6 months when weight loss decreases...
- Morbid obesity and subsequent pancreatic cancer: pylorus-preserving pancreatoduodenectomy after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomyMarkus A Küper
Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Obes Surg 19:385-8. 2009..In addition, there is a need for epidemiological studies of patients who undergo bariatric surgery and subsequently develop cancer...