- Effects of Kinesio taping compared to arterio-venous Impulse System™ on limb swelling and skin temperature after total knee arthroplastyChristoph Windisch
Department of Orthopaedics, Campus Eisenberg, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Jena, Germany
Int Orthop 41:301-307. 2017..o. soft-tissue swelling. As a secondary objective, it was to be tested whether there is an effect on skin temperature as a surrogate parameter for dermal micro-circulation...
- Osteodensitometry measurements of periprosthetic bone using dual energy X-ray absorptiometry following total knee arthroplastyC Windisch
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Friedrich Schiller University Jena at Rudolf Elle Hospital Eisenberg, Klosterlausnitzer Str 81, Eisenberg, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 132:1595-601. 2012..The present study investigates the reaction of bone density as well as the possible factors influencing this reaction following a cement-free total knee arthroplasty (TKA)...
- Pneumatic compression with foot pumps facilitates early postoperative mobilisation in total knee arthroplastyC Windisch
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Friedrich Schiller University Jena at Rudolf Elle Hospital Eisenberg, Klosterlausnitzer Str 81, Eisenberg, Germany
Int Orthop 35:995-1000. 2011..No ultrasonographic evidence of DVT or PE was found in any of the 80 patients during the investigative time period of eight days. After three months, there was no evidence of a symptomatic DVT...
- [Complex osteoligamentary injuries of the elbow. Treatment with a hinged external fixator]W Kolb
Unfallchirurg 111:584-6, 588-91. 2008..Hinged external fixation is a recognized method to treat instabilities after complex dislocations and fracture-dislocations of the elbow. The hinged external fixator allows stabilization of the elbow while preserving flexion and extension...
- The condylar plate for treatment of distal femoral fractures: a long-term follow-up studyK Kolb
Klinik für Unfallchirurgie, Katharinenhospital Stuttgart, Kriegsbergstr 60, 70176 Stuttgart, Germany
Injury 40:440-8. 2009..Thus the long-term results of indirect reduction techniques of distal femoral fractures treated with the condylar plate were good to excellent in 82% of cases...