Johannes Theodor Wessels
- Light-emitting diodes in modern microscopy--from David to Goliath?Johannes T Wessels
Central Core Facility Molecular and Optical Live Cell Imaging MOLCI, University Medicine Gottingen, Germany
Cytometry A 81:188-97. 2012..This review discusses the different LED types, their use in the fluorescence microscope, and discusses LED as specialized illumination sources for Förster resonance energy transfer and fluorescent lifetime imaging microscopy...
- Endothelial progenitor cells (EPC) in sepsis with acute renal dysfunction (ARD)Susann A Patschan
Department of Nephrology and Rheumatology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Robert Koch Straße 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Crit Care 15:R94. 2011..The aim of the present study was to analyze the endothelial progenitor cell system in patients suffering from sepsis with acute renal dysfunction...
- In vivo imaging in experimental preclinical tumor research--a reviewJ T Wessels
Department of Nephrology Rheumatology, Centre Internal Medicine, University Hospital Goettingen, Germany
Cytometry A 71:542-9. 2007....
- Photosensitizing and radiosensitizing effects of hypericin on human renal carcinoma cells in vitroJohannes Theodor Wessels
Center of Internal Medicine, Department of Nephrology Rheumatology, University Hospital, Gottingen, Germany
Photochem Photobiol 84:228-35. 2008..Taken together, the photosensitizing and radiosensitizing effects of hypericin on human RCC cells we found in this investigation could be of clinical relevance, e.g. for radiotherapy and intraoperative photodynamic therapy, respectively...
- The use of transgenic fluorescent mouse strains, fluorescent protein coding vectors, and innovative imaging techniques in the life sciencesJohannes T Wessels
Department of Nephrology Rheumatology, Centre of Internal Medicine, Molecular and Optical Live Cell Imaging MOLCI, University of Medicine, Goettingen, Germany
Cytometry A 73:490-1. 2008
- NorthernLights in slide-based cytometry and microscopyJ T Wessels
Department Nephrology Rheumatology, University Medicine, Goettingen, Germany
Cytometry A 77:420-8. 2010..As the NorthernLights are bright, resistant to photobleaching, stable in alcohols and xylene and of affordable price, these dyes are promising candidates for use with most laser- and HBO/XBA-based fluorescence microscopy-like techniques...
- Advances in cellular, subcellular, and nanoscale imaging in vitro and in vivoJohannes T Wessels
Department of Nephrology and Rheumatology, Molecular and Optical Live Cell Imaging, Center for Internal Medicine, University Medicine Goettingen, Gottingen, Germany
Cytometry A 77:667-76. 2010..Small animal and tissue imaging benefit from the development of new fluorescent proteins, dyes, and sensing constructs that operate in the far red and near-infrared spectrum...