- Retinoic acid modulates gap junctional permeability between horizontal cells of the mammalian retinaR Weiler
Neurobiology FB 7, University of Oldenburg, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 11:3346-50. 1999..This study has established that at-RA is able to modulate the gap junctional permeability between horizontal cells in the mammalian retina, where its light-dependent release has already been demonstrated...
- Retinoic acid has light-adaptive effects on horizontal cells in the retinaR Weiler
Neurobiology FB 7, University of Oldenburg, D 26111 Oldenburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:7139-44. 1998..Retinoic acid thus appears to act as a light-signaling modulator. Its activity appears not to be at the transcriptional level because its action was not blocked by actinomycin...
- Modulation of coupling between retinal horizontal cells by retinoic acid and endogenous dopamineR Weiler
Neurobiology, University of Oldenburg, Germany
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 32:121-9. 2000..This review summarizes the latest findings about the effects of dopamine and retinoic acid on gap junctional coupling in the retinas of mouse, rabbit and fish...
- Identification and localization of connexin26 within the photoreceptor-horizontal cell synaptic complexU Janssen-Bienhold
Department of Neurobiology, University of Oldenburg, Germany
Vis Neurosci 18:169-78. 2001..The focal location of Cx26 at the membrane of the dendritic tips of horizontal cells and the lack of gap junctional morphology suggests that Cx26 might form hemichannels...
- Expression of neuronal connexin36 in AII amacrine cells of the mammalian retinaA Feigenspan
Department of Biology, Carl von Ossietzky Universitat, 26111 Oldenburg, Germany, and Institute for Molecular Genetics, Universitat Bonn, 53117 Bonn
J Neurosci 21:230-9. 2001..The heterologous gap junctions appear to be heterotypic, because ON cone bipolar cells do not express Cx36...
- Biocompatible molecularly imprinted polymers for the voltage regulated uptake and release of L-glutamate in neutral pH solutionsE von Hauff
Institute of Physics, Energy and Semiconductor Research Laboratory, Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, 26111 Oldenburg, Germany
Biosens Bioelectron 26:596-601. 2010..Additionally the cell-polymer interface from cells grown directly on the oPPy layers is investigated using electron microscopy...
- Complexity of gap junctions between horizontal cells of the carp retinaH Greb
Visual Neuroscience, Department of Neuroscience, University of Oldenburg, D 26111 Oldenburg, Germany
Neuroscience 340:8-22. 2017..Moreover, BLAST searches of the preliminary carp genome, using novel sequences as query, suggest that most of the analyzed connexin genes are duplicated in carp...
- Selective synaptic distribution of AMPA and kainate receptor subunits in the outer plexiform layer of the carp retinaK Schultz
Department of Neurobiology, University of Oldenburg, Oldenburg D-26111, Germany
J Comp Neurol 435:433-49. 2001..The spatial arrangement of the different subunits within the cavity of the cone pedicle appeared not to be random: GluR2/3 was found predominantly at the apex of the cavity, GluR4 at its base and GluR5-7 dispersed between the two...