- Surgical therapy of intrapancreatic metastasis from renal cell carcinomaAndreas Volk
Department of General, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Pancreatology 9:392-7. 2009..Pancreatic metastases from renal cell carcinoma (RCC) are clinically rare but highly resectable. The aim of this article is to identify patients who profit from pancreatic resection of RCC despite the invasiveness of the surgery...
- Risk factors for morbidity and mortality after single-layer continuous suture for ileocolonic anastomosisAndreas Volk
Department of General, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University of Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 26:321-7. 2011..The study was designed to determine the suitability of a single-layer continuous anastomosis for ileo-colonic anastomoses and to determine perioperative risk factors for morbidity and mortality in a teaching hospital...
- Quantitative perfusion analysis of transabdominal contrast-enhanced ultrasonography of pancreatic masses and carcinomasStephan Kersting
Department of General, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, School of Medicine, Dresden University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Gastroenterology 137:1903-11. 2009..We evaluated the value of software-aided quantitative analysis of transabdominal contrast-enhanced ultrasonography for differential diagnosis of PDAC vs focal masses...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography in pancreas transplantationStephan Kersting
Department of General, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University ofDresden, Dresden, Germany
Transplantation 95:209-14. 2013..Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography (CEUS) has been proven to be an indispensable tool in the evaluation of the native pancreas. Here, CEUS studies are extended to pancreas transplants for the first time...
- Colorectal liver metastases: an update on palliative treatment optionsRalf Konopke
Department of General, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 21:83-91. 2012..The present review provides an overview of current colorectal liver metastasis treatment when resection is not an option. This review gives the basis for an interdisciplinary decision making process for the treatment of liver metastasis...
- Prospective evaluation of the retrograde percutaneous translaryngeal tracheostomy (Fantoni procedure) in a surgical intensive care unit: technique and results of the Fantoni tracheostomyRalf Konopke
Department of Visceral, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery, Technical University Dresden, Fetscherstr 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Head Neck 28:355-9. 2006..Controversy surrounds the safety and practicality of the retrograde percutaneous translaryngeal tracheostomy (Fantoni procedure) compared with other percutaneous methods...