Affiliation: University of Rostock
- SysBioMed report: advancing systems biology for medical applicationsO Wolkenhauer
University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
IET Syst Biol 3:131-6. 2009..6. The hesitant stance of the pharmaceutical industry towards major investment in systems biology research has to be addressed. 7. Leading medical journals should be encouraged to promote mathematical modelling...
- Family tree of Markov models in systems biologyM Ullah
Systems Biology and Bioinformatics Group, University of Rostock, A Einstein Str 21, 18051 Rostock, Germany
IET Syst Biol 1:247-54. 2007..As a result, a 'family tree' for stochastic models in systems biology is sketched, providing explicit derivations of their formal relationship and clarifying assumptions involved...
- Deterministic modelling and stochastic simulation of biochemical pathways using MATLABM Ullah
Systems Biology and Bioinformatics Group, University of Rostock, Albert Einstein Street 21, Rostock 18055, Germany
Syst Biol (Stevenage) 153:53-60. 2006..The aim is to provide a concise set of MATLAB functions that encourage the experimentation with systems biology models. All the script files are available from www.sbi.uni-rostock.de/ publications_matlab-paper.html...
- Mathematical modelling unravels regulatory mechanisms of interferon-γ-induced STAT1 serine-phosphorylation and MUC4 expression in pancreatic cancer cellsC Kossow
Department of Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, University of Rostock, 18051 Rostock, Germany
IET Syst Biol 6:73-85. 2012..In addition, our results propose that unphosphorylated or serine-phosphorylated STAT1 can act as transcription factors of MUC4, either alone by progressive binding to different sites in the promoter or both together...
- A systems- and signal-oriented approach to intracellular dynamicsO Wolkenhauer
Systems Biology and Bioinformatics Group, Department of Computer Science, University of Rostock, Albert Einstein Strasse 21, 18059 Rostock, Germany
Biochem Soc Trans 33:507-15. 2005..Using tools of control systems analysis, as embodied in the disciplines of systems biology, similar predictive modelling/simulation studies are now bearing fruit in cell signalling research...
- Defining systems biology: an engineering perspectiveO Wolkenhauer
University of Rostock, Germany
IET Syst Biol 1:204-6. 2007
- Model-based investigation of the transcriptional activity of p53 and its feedback loop regulation via 14-3-3σJ Vera
Department of Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
IET Syst Biol 5:293-307. 2011..Moreover, the interplay between DNA damage and 14-3-3σ may induce bistability in the oscillation of p53...