Affiliation: University of Rostock
- SysBioMed report: advancing systems biology for medical applicationsO Wolkenhauer
University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
IET Syst Biol 3:131-6. 2009..6. The hesitant stance of the pharmaceutical industry towards major investment in systems biology research has to be addressed. 7. Leading medical journals should be encouraged to promote mathematical modelling...
- Family tree of Markov models in systems biologyM Ullah
Systems Biology and Bioinformatics Group, University of Rostock, A Einstein Str 21, 18051 Rostock, Germany
IET Syst Biol 1:247-54. 2007..As a result, a 'family tree' for stochastic models in systems biology is sketched, providing explicit derivations of their formal relationship and clarifying assumptions involved...
- Deterministic modelling and stochastic simulation of biochemical pathways using MATLABM Ullah
Systems Biology and Bioinformatics Group, University of Rostock, Albert Einstein Street 21, Rostock 18055, Germany
Syst Biol (Stevenage) 153:53-60. 2006..The aim is to provide a concise set of MATLAB functions that encourage the experimentation with systems biology models. All the script files are available from www.sbi.uni-rostock.de/ publications_matlab-paper.html...
- A plea for more theory in molecular biologyO Wolkenhauer
Systems Biology and Bioinformatics Group, University of Rostock, Germany
Ernst Schering Res Found Workshop . 2007..Armed with this conceptual framework, we construct mathematical representations of standard cellular and intercellular functions which can be integrated to describe more general processes of cell complexes, and potentially entire organs...
- Mathematical modelling unravels regulatory mechanisms of interferon-γ-induced STAT1 serine-phosphorylation and MUC4 expression in pancreatic cancer cellsC Kossow
Department of Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, University of Rostock, 18051 Rostock, Germany
IET Syst Biol 6:73-85. 2012..In addition, our results propose that unphosphorylated or serine-phosphorylated STAT1 can act as transcription factors of MUC4, either alone by progressive binding to different sites in the promoter or both together...
- A systems- and signal-oriented approach to intracellular dynamicsO Wolkenhauer
Systems Biology and Bioinformatics Group, Department of Computer Science, University of Rostock, Albert Einstein Strasse 21, 18059 Rostock, Germany
Biochem Soc Trans 33:507-15. 2005..Using tools of control systems analysis, as embodied in the disciplines of systems biology, similar predictive modelling/simulation studies are now bearing fruit in cell signalling research...
- Defining systems biology: an engineering perspectiveO Wolkenhauer
University of Rostock, Germany
IET Syst Biol 1:204-6. 2007
- Model-based investigation of the transcriptional activity of p53 and its feedback loop regulation via 14-3-3σJ Vera
Department of Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
IET Syst Biol 5:293-307. 2011..Moreover, the interplay between DNA damage and 14-3-3σ may induce bistability in the oscillation of p53...