Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Interleukin-35 mediates mucosal immune responses that protect against T-cell-dependent colitisStefan Wirtz
Medical Department 1, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Gastroenterology 141:1875-86. 2011..We investigated the roles of IL-27 and IL-35 in chronic inflammation of the intestine...
- Confocal laser endomicroscopy and narrow-band imaging-aided endoscopy for in vivo imaging of colitis and colon cancer in miceMaximilian J Waldner
Department of Medicine I, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Nat Protoc 6:1471-81. 2011..Mouse NBI endoscopy and CLE represent reliable and fast high-quality techniques for the endoscopic characterization and molecular imaging of the mucosa in colitis and colon cancer...
- TH9 cells that express the transcription factor PU.1 drive T cell-mediated colitis via IL-9 receptor signaling in intestinal epithelial cellsKatharina Gerlach
Department of Medicine 1, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Kussmaul Campus for Medical Research, Erlangen, Germany
Nat Immunol 15:676-86. 2014....
- A variant of Smurf2 protects mice against colitis-associated colon cancer by inducing transforming growth factor β signalingHeike Dornhoff
Department of Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen and Nuremberg, Germany
Gastroenterology 142:1183-1194.e4. 2012..We identified a splice variant of Smurf2 (ΔE2Smurf2) and investigated its role in colon carcinogenesis in mice...
- Interleukin-33-dependent innate lymphoid cells mediate hepatic fibrosisTamar McHedlidze
Medical Department 1, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Immunity 39:357-71. 2013..Our data reveal key immunological networks implicated in hepatic fibrosis and support the concept of modulation of IL-33 bioactivity for therapeutic purposes. ..
- Interferon Gamma Counteracts the Angiogenic Switch and Induces Vascular Permeability in Dextran Sulfate Sodium Colitis in MiceLisa Haep
Division of Molecular and Experimental Surgery, Department of Surgery, University Medical Center Erlangen, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany Roche Pharma Research and Early Development, Oncology Discovery, Roche Innovation Center Penzberg, Penzberg, Germany Institute of Molecular Immunology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Munich, Germany Department of Medicine I, University Medical Center Erlangen, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany and Institute of Pathology, Klinikum Bayreuth, Bayreuth, Germany
Inflamm Bowel Dis 21:2360-71. 2015..Based on previous studies showing that IFN-γ acts antiangiogenic in colorectal carcinoma, we investigated the effects of IFN-γ on the vascular system in IBD...
- Externalized decondensed neutrophil chromatin occludes pancreatic ducts and drives pancreatitisMoritz Leppkes
Department of Medicine 1, University Clinics Erlangen, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Nat Commun 7:10973. 2016..Ductal occlusion by aggregated NETs emerges as a pathomechanism with relevance in a plethora of inflammatory conditions involving secretory ducts. ..
- The Mincle-activating adjuvant TDB induces MyD88-dependent Th1 and Th17 responses through IL-1R signalingChristiane Desel
Institute of Clinical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene, University Hospital Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e53531. 2013..Our data suggest that the glycolipid adjuvant TDB triggers Mincle-dependent IL-1 production to induce MyD88-dependent Th1/Th17 responses in vivo...
- Assessment of tumor development and wound healing using endoscopic techniques in miceMarkus F Neurath
Medical Clinic 1, Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen, Germany
Gastroenterology 139:1837-1843.e1. 2010..Finally, mouse endoscopy can help to reduce animal numbers needed to gain significant experimental data...