Affiliation: University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf
- Virtual autopsy as an alternative to traditional medical autopsy in the intensive care unit: a prospective cohort studyDominic Wichmann
University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Ann Intern Med 156:123-30. 2012..Virtual" autopsy involving only advanced radiographic techniques might provide an alternative approach to postmortem examinations...
- Post-treatment haemolysis in severe imported malaria after intravenous artesunate: case report of three patients with hyperparasitaemiaThierry Rolling
Department of Internal Medicine I, Section for Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases, University Medical Centre Hamburg Eppendorf UKE, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Malar J 11:169. 2012..Further investigations are needed to assess frequency and pathophysiological background of this complication...
- Prospective European-wide multicentre study on a blood based real-time PCR for the diagnosis of acute schistosomiasisDominic Wichmann
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, University Medical Centre Hamburg Eppendorf, 20246, Hamburg, Germany
BMC Infect Dis 13:55. 2013....
- Safety of percutaneous dilatational tracheostomy in patients on extracorporeal lung supportStephan Braune
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, 20246, Hamburg, Germany
Intensive Care Med 39:1792-9. 2013..To evaluate the safety of percutaneous dilatational tracheostomy (PDT) in critically ill patients on an extracorporeal lung assist device requiring therapeutic anticoagulation...
- Diagnostic value of positron emission tomography combined with computed tomography for evaluating patients with septic shock of unknown originStefan Kluge
Department of Intensive Care, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Crit Care 27:316.e1-7. 2012..The aim of our work was to evaluate the diagnostic value of FDG-PET/CT in critically ill patients with septic shock of unknown origin...
- Clinical features of critically ill patients with Shiga toxin-induced hemolytic uremic syndromeStephan A Braune
Department of Intensive Care, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Crit Care Med 41:1702-10. 2013..The aim of this study was to describe the clinical characteristics, treatments, and outcomes of critically ill patients with Shiga toxin-producing E. coli-associated hemolytic uremic syndrome during this outbreak...
- Revisiting the white blood cell count: immature granulocytes count as a diagnostic marker to discriminate between SIRS and sepsis--a prospective, observational studyAxel Nierhaus
Department of Critical Care, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr, 52, Hamburg, 20246, Germany
BMC Immunol 14:8. 2013..Receiver operating characteristic (ROC) analyses were conducted and area under the curve (AUC) was calculated to determine sensitivities and specificities for the parameters...
- Aspergillus galactomannan antigen for diagnosis and treatment monitoring in cerebral aspergillosisGerold Soeffker
University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Prog Transplant 23:71-4. 2013..We report on the successful detection and treatment monitoring by serial testing of galactomannan in cerebrospinal fluid in a patient with neuroaspergillosis after heart transplant...
- Artesunate versus quinine in the treatment of severe imported malaria: comparative analysis of adverse events focussing on delayed haemolysisThierry Rolling
Department of Internal Medicine, Section Tropical Medicine University Medical Centre Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Malar J 12:241. 2013..So far, delayed haemolysis has not been described after the use of parenteral quinine...
- Diagnosing schistosomiasis by detection of cell-free parasite DNA in human plasmaDominic Wichmann
Sektion Infektiologie und Tropenmedizin, I Medizinische Klinik, Universitätsklinikum Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 3:e422. 2009..Cell-free parasite DNA (CFPD) was detected in plasma by PCR...