Willi Eckhard Wetzel
Affiliation: University of Giessen
- Microbial contamination of toothbrushes with different principles of filament anchoringWilli Eckhard Wetzel
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Dental School, Germany
J Am Dent Assoc 136:758-65; quiz 806. 2005..The retention and growth of cariogenic microorganisms on toothbrushes pose a threat of recontamination. The authors to studied three species of oral microorganisms found at different places on toothbrush filaments...
- Quality of bristle end-rounding on replaceable heads of powered toothbrushesMartin Jung
Polyclinic for Operative and Preventive Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Justus Liebig University Giessen, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Clin Periodontol 32:604-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the geometry and the quality of bristle tip-rounding using 14 different heads from powered toothbrushes...
- Exposed human pulp caused by trauma and/or caries in primary dentition: a histological evaluationNabih Raslan
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Dent Traumatol 22:145-53. 2006..Pulpectomy or extraction seemed to be indicated for the decayed or decayed and traumatically injured teeth...
- Bilateral triplicated primary central incisors: clinical course and therapyNelly Schultz-Weidner
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Justus Liebig University of Glessen, School of Dentistry, Germany
Quintessence Int 38:395-9. 2007..Access cavities were prepared as acute procedures. Because of the unpromising prognosis, surgical removal of the teeth was inevitable. For functional, esthetic, and phonetic rehabilitation, an acrylic denture was incorporated...
- Caries-, Candida- and Candida antigen/antibody frequency in children after heart transplantation and children with congenital heart diseaseRachida Siahi-Benlarbi
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Centre of Odontology, University of Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Pediatr Transplant 14:715-21. 2010..Therefore, healthy oral cavity (especially before/after HTx) is an important precondition to prevent Candida infections...
- Concomitant oral findings in children after cardiac transplantFranziska Ansari
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Medical Centre of Odontology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Pediatr Transplant 10:215-9. 2006..Furthermore, the parents of such children should be informed prior to transplantation about the possibility of subsequent findings and how these findings can be either avoided or, if necessary, adequately treated...
- Prevalence and severity of molar incisor hypomineralization in a region of Germany -- a brief communicationSonja E Preusser
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Medical Center of Odontology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
J Public Health Dent 67:148-50. 2007..Molar incisor hypomineralization (MIH) is a developmental disturbance concerning permanent incisors and first permanent molars. The aim of this study was to ascertain the frequency of MIH in the region of central Hesse, Germany...