Affiliation: University of Freiburg
- Anemia and long-term outcome in adjuvant and neoadjuvant radiochemotherapy of stage II and III rectal adenocarcinoma: the Freiburg experience (1989-2002)Christian Weissenberger
Department of Radiotherapy, University Hospital of Freiburg, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 12:1849-58. 2006....
- Gastrointestinal cancer web sites: how do they address patients' concerns?Christian Weissenberger
Department of Radiotherapy, University Hospital of Freiburg, Robert Koch Strasse 3, 79106, Freiburg, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 21:615-24. 2006..We studied the quality of web sites containing information on gastrointestinal cancer, focusing on the way these web sites dealt with the special concerns of these patients...
- Breast cancer: patient information needs reflected in English and German web sitesC Weissenberger
Division of Radiotherapy, University Hospital of Freiburg, Hugstetter Strasse 55, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Br J Cancer 91:1482-7. 2004....
- Adjuvant radiochemotherapy of stage II and III rectal adenocarcinoma: role of CEA and CA 19-9Christian Weissenberger
Department of Radiology, Division of Gastroenterology University Hospital of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Anticancer Res 25:1787-93. 2005..This analysis was undertaken to evaluate the impact of pre-radiotherapy CEA and CA 19-9 values on clinical outcome of locally advanced rectal cancer...
- Vitiligo at the sites of irradiation in a patient with Hodgkin's diseaseFrank Pajonk
Department of Radiation Therapy, Radiological University Clinic, Freiburg Br, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 178:159-62. 2002..Current hypotheses discuss autoimmune, autotoxic and neuronal mechanisms. Here we report the case of radiation-induced depigmentation of the skin of a patient with Hodgkin's disease and 25-year history of vitiligo...
- Patients with brain metastases from gastrointestinal tract cancer treated with whole brain radiation therapy: prognostic factors and survivalSusanne Bartelt
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Freiburg, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 10:3345-8. 2004..To identify the prognostic factors with regard to survival for patients with brain metastasis from primary tumors of the gastrointestinal tract...
- [On past practices and future directions of informed consent in (radiation) oncology]Johannes Lutterbach
Klinik fur Strahlenheilkunde, Universitatsklinikum, Freiburg
Strahlenther Onkol 180:469-77. 2004..The authors show in which future directions the practice of informed consent might develop...
- Moist skin care can diminish acute radiation-induced skin toxicityFelix Momm
Department of Radiation Therapy, Radiologic University Hospital, Freiburg i Br, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 179:708-12. 2003..There are several methods of managing them. Validity of these methods, however, is not sufficiently studied. We therefore investigated, whether moist skin care with 3% urea lotion will reduce acute radiation skin toxicity...
- Do erythropoietin receptors on cancer cells explain unexpected clinical findings?Michael Henke
Klinik fur Strahlenheilkunde, Universitatsklinikum, Robert Koch Strasse, 3 D 79106, Freiburg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 24:4708-13. 2006..Recent reports suggest that cancer control may worsen if erythropoietin is administered. We investigated whether erythropoietin receptor expression on cancer cells may correlate with this unexpected finding...
- Long-term results after intraoperative radiation therapy for gastric cancerOliver Drognitz
Department of Surgery, Division of General and Visceral Surgery, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:715-21. 2008..We retrospectively analyzed the impact of intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) on long-term survival in patients with resectable gastric cancer...
- Re: bladder cancer facts: accuracy of information on the internetChristian Weissenberger
J Urol 172:1544. 2004