M A Wallot
Affiliation: University of Essen
- Congenital alveolar proteinosis caused by a novel mutation of the surfactant protein B gene and misalignment of lung vessels in consanguineous kindred infantsM Wallot
Universitäts Klinikum Essen, Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 158:513-8. 1999..One of them, a single base deletion, shifts the reading frame at amino acid 122 and creates a premature termination of translation in exon 6. No mature SP-B protein is produced...
- Long-term survival and late graft loss in pediatric liver transplant recipients--a 15-year single-center experienceMichael A Wallot
Department of Pediatric Transplantation, Saint Luc Clinic, Catholic University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Liver Transpl 8:615-22. 2002..Technical complications are only a minor factor in late graft loss, but complications related to immunosuppression and infection remain a major hazard and must be addressed...
- Repeated detection of gas in the portal vein after liver transplantation: A sign of EBV-associated post-transplant lymphoproliferation?Michael A Wallot
Department of Pediatrics, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Hufelandstr 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Pediatr Transplant 6:332-6. 2002..We suggest that the detection of portal vein gas in pediatric liver transplant recipients beyond the early post-operative period may be a sign of intra-abdominal post-transplant lymphoproliferative disease...
- Acute liver failure associated with Coxsackie virus B2 infection in a neonateMichael A Wallot
Universitatsklinikum Essen, Abteilung für Allgemeine Kinderheilkunde mit Schwerpunkt Neuropädiatrie, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 163:116-7. 2004
- Disseminated adenovirus infection with respiratory failure in pediatric liver transplant recipients: impact of intravenous cidofovir and inhaled nitric oxideM A Wallot
Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Neurology, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Essen, Germany
Pediatr Transplant 10:121-7. 2006..Severe hypoxemia was reversed with iNO 10-20 p.p.m. CDV treatment of AdV infections in organ transplant recipients and other immunocompromised patients should be further investigated in prospective studies...