Ulrike von Rango
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Dendritic cells are equally distributed in intrauterine and tubal ectopic pregnanciesBirgit Kemp
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical School, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule RWTH, Aachen, Germany
Fertil Steril 95:28-32. 2011..To examine different stages of dendritic cells (DCs) in intrauterine (IUPs) and viable tubal (VTPs) pregnancies to further elucidate mechanisms of fetomaternal tolerance and extravillous trophoblast invasion...
- Cytokine microenvironments in human first trimester decidua are dependent on trophoblast cellsUlrike von Rango
Department of Anatomy and Reproductive Biology, School of Medicine, RWTH University of Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Fertil Steril 79:1176-86. 2003..To compare cytokine expression profiles of decidua basalis (containing trophoblast cells) and decidua parietalis (without trophoblast cells) for determination of microenvironments in human first trimester decidua...
- Apoptosis of extravillous trophoblast cells limits the trophoblast invasion in uterine but not in tubal pregnancy during first trimesterU von Rango
Department of Anatomy and Reproductive Biology, RWTH University of Aachen, Wendlingweg 2, D 52057 Aachen, Germany
Placenta 24:929-40. 2003..However, in tubal pregnancy due to differing immunological microenvironments at the ectopic implantation site, apoptosis induction fails, which deleteriously may result in uncontrolled invasion and penetration of the tubal wall...
- Interleukin-11 expression: its significance in eutopic and ectopic human implantationU von Rango
Department of Anatomy and Reproductive Biology, RWTH University of Aachen, Wendlingweg 2, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Mol Hum Reprod 10:783-92. 2004..In the case of tubal abortion, inadequate IL-11 signalling may therefore result in dysregulation of trophoblast invasion...
- Fetal tolerance in human pregnancy--a crucial balance between acceptance and limitation of trophoblast invasionUlrike von Rango
Department of Anatomy und Reproductive Biology, Medical School, RWTH University Aachen, Wendlingweg 2, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Immunol Lett 115:21-32. 2008..Together these data suggest that the mother extends her "definition of self" for 9 months on the foreign antigens of the fetus...
- Indoleamine-dioxygenase is expressed in human decidua at the time maternal tolerance is establishedU von Rango
Department of Anatomy and Reproductive Biology, RWTH University Aachen, Germany
J Reprod Immunol 74:34-45. 2007..Thereby, IDO expression may be needed in each pregnancy independently from prior pregnancies, and a history of miscarriage may not reflect a general deficiency in IDO expression...
- Embryo-maternal signalling: how the embryo starts talking to its mother to accomplish implantationAndreas Herrler
Department of Anatomy and Reproductive Biology, Medical School, RWTH University of Aachen, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Reprod Biomed Online 6:244-56. 2003....
- Class I histone deacetylase expression in the human cyclic endometrium and endometrial adenocarcinomasClaudia A Krusche
Department of Anatomy and Reproductive Biology, RWTH University of Aachen, Wendlingweg 2, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Hum Reprod 22:2956-66. 2007..Recently, HDAC inhibitors were shown to enhance differentiation of endometrial fibroblasts and endometrial adenocarcinomas. However, there is only rare information on HDAC and HAT expression in the human endometrium...
- Tubal abortions but not viable tubal pregnancies are characterized by an increased number of CD8+ T cellsBirgit Kemp
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical School, RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Reprod Immunol 73:180-7. 2007..To examine immune cell phenotypes in viable tubal pregnancies (VTP) and in tubal abortions (TA)...
- Amniotic fluid adhesion molecules during parturition at termBirgit Kemp
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical School, RWTH Aachen, Germany
J Perinat Med 37:28-31. 2009..We examined ELAM-1, ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 during normal term parturition to find out whether amniotic fluid adhesion molecules change accordingly...
- Regulation of taurocholate transport in freshly isolated proximal tubular cells of the rat kidney by protein kinasesJan Henrik Schlattjan
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Nephron Physiol 99:p35-42. 2005..The present study addresses the question whether this transporter is subject to short-term regulation by protein kinases...