Affiliation: University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Effects of diabetes and hypertension on macrophage infiltration and matrix expansion in the rat kidneyAndrea Hartner
Children and Youth Hospital, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Loschgestrasse 15, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
BMC Nephrol 6:6. 2005..Inflammatory mechanisms contribute to renal damage in both diseases. We investigated whether hypertension and diabetes mellitus act synergistically to induce macrophage infiltration and matrix expansion in the kidney...
- Safety and clinical outcomes of rituximab therapy in patients with different autoimmune diseases: experience from a national registry (GRAID)Hans Peter Tony
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Universitatsklinikum Wurzburg, Klinikstr 6 8, 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R75. 2011....
- Effects of sympathetic nerves and angiotensin II on renal sodium and water handling in rats with common bile duct ligatureRoland Veelken
Dept of Medicine IV, Univ of Erlangen Nürnberg, Loschgestrasse 8, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F1267-75. 2005..We speculate that similar changes may contribute to long-term volume retention in liver cirrhosis...
- Sensory renal innervation: a kidney-specific firing activity due to a unique expression pattern of voltage-gated sodium channels?Wolfgang Freisinger
Dept of Medicine 4, Univ of Erlangen Nürnberg, Loschgestraβe 8, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 304:F491-7. 2013..Our findings support that this is due to an increased expression and activation of TTX-resistant Navs...
- Strain differences in the development of hypertension and glomerular lesions induced by deoxycorticosterone acetate salt in miceAndrea Hartner
Nephrology Research Laboratory, Loschgestrasse 8, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:1999-2004. 2003..We investigated its influence on the development of hypertension and renal injury following treatment with deoxycorticosterone acetate (DOCA) salt in several mouse strains...
- Additional antiproteinuric effect of ultrahigh dose candesartan: a double-blind, randomized, prospective studyRoland E Schmieder
Universitatsklinikum Erlangen, Medizinische Klinik IV, Krankenhausstrasse 12, Erlangen 91054, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:3038-45. 2005..57]; NS). No change in BP was noticed in response to the different doses of candesartan. These data indicate an additive antiproteinuric effect of ultrahigh dose of the angiotensin receptor blocker candesartan compared with standard dose...
- Extrarenal Na+ balance, volume, and blood pressure homeostasis in intact and ovariectomized deoxycorticosterone-acetate salt ratsJens Titze
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
Hypertension 47:1101-7. 2006..Extrarenal Na+ and volume balance seem to play an important role in long-term volume and MAP control...
- Angiotensin II formation in the kidney and nephrosclerosis in Ren-2 hypertensive ratsAndrea Hartner
University Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:1778-85. 2006..We tested the hypothesis that local angiotensin II formation occurs at sites of renal vascular and interstitial injury in this model...
- Serotonin 5-HT(3) receptors on mechanosensitive neurons with cardiac afferentsPeter Linz
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 282:H1828-35. 2002..Angiotensin II had no influence. Hence, serotonin might decrease the mechanical sensitivity of afferent cardiac nerves controlling renal sympathetic nerve activity...
- Tonic postganglionic sympathetic inhibition induced by afferent renal nerves?Tilmann Ditting
Department of Internal Medicine 4, Nephrology and Hypertension, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen, Ulmenweg 1, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Hypertension 59:467-76. 2012....
- Role of macula densa cyclooxygenase-2 in renovascular hypertensionAndrea Hartner
Department of Medicine IV, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 284:F498-502. 2003..Thus either COX-2 is not necessary for the macula densa mechanism or the macula densa is not important for maintaining high renin in renovascular hypertension...
- Renal denervation--implications for chronic kidney diseaseRoland Veelken
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, University Hospital, University Erlangen Nurnberg, Ulmenweg 18, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Nat Rev Nephrol 10:305-13. 2014..Additional large randomized controlled trials of renal denervation in hypertensive and normotensive patients with CKD are required to precisely define the clinical value of the procedure in this population. ..
- Nonhypotensive dose of beta-adrenergic blocker ameliorates capillary deficits in the hearts of rats with moderate renal failureKerstin Amann
Department of Pathology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Krankenhausstr 8 10, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Virchows Arch 449:207-14. 2006....
- Bimodality of cardiac vagal afferent C-fibres in the ratRoland Veelken
Nephrologisches Labor, Department of Medicine IV, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Loschgestrasse 8, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Pflugers Arch 446:516-22. 2003..Our results emphasize the potential role of endogenous mediators in the afferent limb of cardiac reflexes...
- Renal sympathetic nerves modulate erythropoietin plasma levels after transient hemorrhage in ratsTilmann Ditting
Department of Nephrology, Friedrich Alexander Univ Erlangen Nürnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1099-106. 2007..Renal sympathoinhibition during hypotensive hemorrhage might help to preserve sufficient oxygenation of renal tissue by modulation of hemodynamic mechanisms that act to adapt renal oxygen availability to demand...
- Effect of the angiotensinogen genotype on experimental hypertension in miceClaudia Handtrack
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 85:343-50. 2007..We conclude that the Agt genotype exerts a marked effect on blood pressure in a low-renin form of hypertension but no effect in the face of stimulated renin, at least in mice...
- Transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 receptors in hypertensive renal damage: a promising therapeutic target?Tilmann Ditting
Hypertension 52:213-4. 2008
- Renal injury in streptozotocin-diabetic Ren2-transgenic rats is mainly dependent on hypertension, not on diabetesAndrea Hartner
Children and Youth Hospital, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 292:F820-7. 2007..However, the long-term course of this animal model resembles severe hypertensive nephrosclerosis, rather than progressive diabetic nephropathy...
- Sensory neurons with afferents from hind limbs: enhanced sensitivity in secondary hypertensionPeter Linz
Department of Internal Medicine 4 Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Hypertension 47:527-31. 2006..We speculate that this observation may indicate an increased activity of these neurons, their axons, and neurotransmitters in the control of resistance vessels in hypertension...
- Mechanosensitive cardiac C-fiber response to changes in left ventricular filling, coronary perfusion pressure, hemorrhage, and volume expansion in ratsTilmann Ditting
Department of Nephrology, Johann Wolfgang University, Frankfurt, Germany
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H541-52. 2005..Thus neither LVEDP nor CPP fully accounts directly for afferent C-fiber and reflex sympathetic responses. The intrinsic afferent stimuli and receptive fields accounting for reflex sympathoinhibition still remain cryptic...
- Putative role of epithelial sodium channels (ENaC) in the afferent limb of cardio renal reflexes in ratsTilmann Ditting
Department of Nephrology, J W Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 98:388-400. 2003..Other ion channels might be involved. Furthermore the observed findings in vivo could also be due to unspecific disturbance of afferent signal conduction...
- Type 2 diabetic nephropathy: never too early to treat?Karl F Hilgers
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:574-5. 2005
- Autonomic renal denervation ameliorates experimental glomerulonephritisRoland Veelken
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:1371-8. 2008....
- How does minor renal dysfunction influence cardiovascular risk and the management of cardiovascular disease?Tobias Pinkau
Department of Cardiology, German Heart Center, Munich, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:517-23. 2004..Further investigations should focus on the causes of and possible preventive interventions for the staggering cardiovascular risk in the ever-increasing number of people with minor renal dysfunction...
- Dynamic expression patterns of transforming growth factor-beta(2) and transforming growth factor-beta receptors in experimental glomerulonephritisAndrea Hartner
Medizinische Klinik IV, Universität Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 81:32-42. 2003..1 nephritis. These results are in keeping with the notion that TGF-beta(2) and its receptors participate in the pathogenesis and/or resolution of this transient form of glomerulonephritis...
- Neutral endopeptidase inhibition: the potential of a new therapeutic approach in cardiovascular disease evolvesRoland Veelken
J Hypertens 20:599-603. 2002