Affiliation: University Hospital
- [Pruritus in psoriasis : Profile and therapy]A Tsianakas
Klinik für Hautkrankheiten, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Von Esmarch Str 58, 48149, Munster, Deutschland
Hautarzt 67:601-5. 2016..In recent and running clinical trials with new drugs, pruritus at baseline and the effect of these drugs on pruritus is always assessed. This awareness also fuels basic research about pruritus in psoriasis. ..
- Skin metastases in metastatic uveal melanoma: GNAQ/GNA11 mutational analysis as a valuable toolA Tsianakas
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Br J Dermatol 169:160-3. 2013..Though liver metastases dominate as the primary site for metastasis, the existence of primary skin metastases is still under discussion but has been reported in only a few studies...
- [Werner's syndrome]A Tsianakas
Universitatsklinikum Munster, Klinik und Poliklinik für Hautkrankheiten
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:91-4. 2007..A 49-year-old man of German parentage with Werner's syndrome (including insulin-dependent type 2 diabetes mellitus) was treated in our department for extensive ulcers on his lower legs...
- Scalp necrosis in giant cell arteritis: case report and review of the relevance of this cutaneous sign of large-vessel vasculitisAthanasios Tsianakas
Department of Dermatology, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
J Am Acad Dermatol 61:701-6. 2009..Thus, for reasons beyond potential loss of vision, physicians should be alert for symptoms of GCA as only timely diagnosis and immediate therapy may prevent serious complications and increased mortality...
- The option of compassionate use in metastatic melanoma - way out of a therapeutic dilemma?Athanasios Tsianakas
Department of Dermatology, University of Munster, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 7:671-9. 2009..We describe legal aspects of compassionate use are discussed, taking two of our cases as examples. Finally, examples for necessary documents to apply for compassionate use are provided...
- Transition of pityriasis lichenoides et varioliformis acuta to febrile ulceronecrotic Mucha-Habermann disease is associated with elevated serum tumour necrosis factor-alphaA Tsianakas
Division of Paediatric Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, University of Hamburg, Martinistr 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Br J Dermatol 152:794-9. 2005..We hypothesize that in future cases, treatment with TNF-alpha antagonists might represent a reasonable alternative to high-dose immunosuppressive therapy...
- A novel compound heterozygous mutation in Werner syndrome results in WRN transcript decayF B Muller
Department of Dermatology, University of Cologne, Kerpener Str 62, 50937 Koln, Germany
Br J Dermatol 152:1030-2. 2005..Werner syndrome (WS) is a rare autosomal recessive progeroid disorder caused by mutations of the WRN gene encoding a protein of the RecQ-type family of DNA helicases...