Affiliation: University Hospital
- Ready biodegradability of trifluoromethylated phenothiazine drugs, structural elucidation of their aquatic transformation products, and identification of environmental risks studied by LC-MS( n ) and QSARChristoph Trautwein
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, University Medical Centre Freiburg, Breisacher Str 115B, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 19:3162-77. 2012..Therefore, further risk assessment upon these drugs and their fate is strongly recommended...
- Degradation of the tricyclic antipsychotic drug chlorpromazine under environmental conditions, identification of its main aquatic biotic and abiotic transformation products by LC-MSn and their effects on environmental bacteriaChristoph Trautwein
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, University Medical Centre Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 889:24-38. 2012..As some of the performed tests showed toxic effects of chlorpromazine or its transformation products on bacteria, further risk assessment upon this drug and its fate is strongly recommended...
- Aerobic biodegradability of the calcium channel antagonist verapamil and identification of a microbial dead-end transformation product studied by LC-MS/MSChristoph Trautwein
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, University Medical Center Freiburg, Breisacher Strasse 115B, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Chemosphere 72:442-50. 2008....
- Incomplete aerobic degradation of the antidiabetic drug Metformin and identification of the bacterial dead-end transformation product GuanylureaChristoph Trautwein
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Chemosphere 85:765-73. 2011..These data support the experimental findings in the OECD tests and analytical results of other studies, that Metformin under aerobic conditions can bacterially be degraded to the stable dead-end transformation product Guanylurea...
- Approach for detecting mutagenicity of biodegraded and ozonated pharmaceuticals, metabolites and transformation products from a drinking water perspectiveStefan Gartiser
Hydrotox GmbH, Boetzinger Straße 29, 79111 Freiburg, Germany
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 19:3597-609. 2012..Therefore, the results have to be carefully interpreted, and possible false-negative and false-positive results should be considered...