Affiliation: University of Munich
- [Role of the lymphocyte transformation test in the evaluation of metal sensitization]B Summer
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Dermatologie und Allergologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Frauenlobstr 9 11, 80337, Munchen, Deutschland
Hautarzt 67:380-4. 2016..The lymphocyte transformation test is used to determine T‑cell sensitization, whereby its benefit has been controversially discussed in the past...
- Patch test reactivity to a cobalt-chromium-molybdenum alloy and stainless steel in metal-allergic patients in correlation to the metal ion releaseBurkhard Summer
Klinik und Poliklinik für Dermatologie und Allergologie der, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Frauenlobstr 9 11, D 80337 München, Germany
Contact Dermatitis 57:35-9. 2007..None of the controls reacted to the discs. Apart from nickel being a focus of allergological research, our results point to the possibly underestimated association of cobalt release and potential hyperreactivity to CoCrMo alloy...
- Nickel (Ni) allergic patients with complications to Ni containing joint replacement show preferential IL-17 type reactivity to NiBurkhard Summer
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Dermatologie und Allergologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munchen, Germany
Contact Dermatitis 63:15-22. 2010..Some nickel (Ni) allergic patients develop complications following Ni-containing arthroplasty. In the peri-implant tissue of such patients, we had observed lymphocyte dominated inflammation together with IFN-gamma and IL-17 expression...
- Intolerance reactions to knee arthroplasty in patients with nickel/cobalt allergy and disappearance of symptoms after revision surgery with titanium-based endoprosthesesKarin Almut Dietrich
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, University of Munich, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 7:410-3. 2009..The subsequent alleviation of symptoms underlined the relevance and usefulness of allergological diagnostics in selected cases of complicated arthroplasty...
- Effects of low frequency electromagnetic fields on the chondrogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cellsSusanne Mayer-Wagner
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Campus Großhadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Bioelectromagnetics 32:283-90. 2011..EMF might be a way to stimulate and maintain chondrogenesis of hMSCs and, therefore, provide a new step in regenerative medicine regarding tissue engineering of cartilage...
- Hypersensitivity to titanium osteosynthesis with impaired fracture healing, eczema, and T-cell hyperresponsiveness in vitro: case report and review of the literaturePeter Thomas
Klinik und Poliklinik für Dermatologie und Allergologie der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Munchen, Germany
Contact Dermatitis 55:199-202. 2006..Parallel to this, in vitro hyperreactivity to titanium disappeared. Although contact allergic reactions to titanium have been very rarely reported, these findings support a diagnosis of titanium allergy in our patient...