Affiliation: University of Munich
- Sensitivity and specificity of a screening test to document traumatic experiences and to diagnose post-traumatic stress disorder in ARDS patients after intensive care treatmentC Stoll
Dept of Anaesthesiology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Intensive Care Med 25:697-704. 1999..In order to simplify the rapid and early detection of PTSD in such patients, we modified an existing questionnaire for diagnosis of PTSD and validated the instrument in a cohort of ARDS patients after long-term ICU therapy...
- The effect of stress doses of hydrocortisone during septic shock on posttraumatic stress disorder and health-related quality of life in survivorsG Schelling
Department of Anaesthesiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Crit Care Med 27:2678-83. 1999..The administration of stress doses of hydrocortisone during treatment in the intensive care unit could theoretically result in a lower incidence of PTSD. We tested this hypothesis in survivors of septic shock...
- Pulmonary function and health-related quality of life in a sample of long-term survivors of the acute respiratory distress syndromeG Schelling
Department of Anesthesiology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Intensive Care Med 26:1304-11. 2000..We performed a follow-up cohort analysis in order to delineate the correlation between pulmonary function (PF) and health-related quality of life (HRQL) in patients after ARDS...
- Health-related quality of life and post-traumatic stress disorder in patients after cardiac surgery and intensive care treatmentC Stoll
Departments of Anaesthesiology, Cardiac Surgery, and Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 120:505-12. 2000....
- Treatment of depression with methylphenidate in patients difficult to wean from mechanical ventilation in the intensive care unitH B Rothenhäusler
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians University Medical School and Klinikum Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
J Clin Psychiatry 61:750-5. 2000..Psychostimulants such as methylphenidate show a rapid onset of antidepressant activity and a benign side effect profile...
- The relationship between cognitive performance and employment and health status in long-term survivors of the acute respiratory distress syndrome: results of an exploratory studyH B Rothenhäusler
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 23:90-6. 2001..More detailed psychiatric research is required to establish the etiology of these cognitive impairments...