Affiliation: University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Effects of intravenous immunoglobulins on peripheral blood mononuclear cell activation in vitroMichael Sticherling
Hautklinik, Universitatsklinikum Erlangen, Hartmannstr 14, D 91952 Erlangen, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1110:694-708. 2007..These effects have to be taken into account when balancing the impact of IVIG dosage and infusion intervals and relating them to clinical side effects and therapeutic efficacy...
- [Psoriasis und Psoriasis arthritis in childhood and adolescence. Overview and consensus statement of the 9th Wörlitz Expert Round Table Discussion 2006 for the Society for Child and Adolescent Rheumatology]M Sticherling
Hautklinik, Universitatsklinikum Erlangen, Hartmannstrasse 14, 91052 Erlangen
Z Rheumatol 66:349-54. 2007..Further studies addressing both the clinical course of jPsA compared to the adult manifestation as well as optimal therapeutic procedures should be initiated in the near future...
- The role of endothelin in connective tissue diseasesM Sticherling
Department of Dermatology, University of Erlang, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:iii8-10. 2006..However, the differential action of ET is counterbalanced by other mediators, prominently nitric oxide. Consequently, the suspected direct relation of vascular and fibrotic processes through ET still needs to be further evaluated...
- Demodicidosis revisitedB Baima
Department of Dermatology, University of Leipzig, Germany
Acta Derm Venereol 82:3-6. 2002..This review presents a demodicidosis case, discusses the clinical features of Demodex infestation in man and reviews its pathogenetic implications and the therapeutic options...
- Comparison of patients with and without digital ulcers in systemic sclerosis: detection of possible risk factorsC Sunderkotter
Department of Dermatology, University of Munster, Von Esmarch Str 58, 48149 Munster, Germany
Br J Dermatol 160:835-43. 2009..For optimal management it would be useful to identify the risk factors for DU. Such statistical analyses have been rare because they require a high number of patients...
- Increased neutrophil adherence in psoriasis: role of the human endothelial cell receptor Thy-1 (CD90)Anne Wetzel
Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Allergy, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 126:441-52. 2006..In conclusion, our data indicate that the adhesion of neutrophils to activated ECs mediated by Thy-1/Mac-1 interaction is an important attachment mechanism facilitating their subsequent migration into lesional psoriatic skin...
- Concomitant psoriasis and bullous pemphigoid: coincidence or pathogenic relationship?Agnes Wilczek
Klinik fur Dermatologie, Venerologie und Allergologie, Universitatsklinikum Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Int J Dermatol 45:1353-7. 2006..Immunomodulatory therapy may positively influence shared as well as distinct inflammatory mechanisms in patients who have psoriasis and bullous pemphigoid...
- Comparison of different test systems for simultaneous autoantibody detection in connective tissue diseasesPetra Eissfeller
Mikrogen GmbH, Fraunhoferstrasse 20, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1050:327-39. 2005..3%, 31.6%, and 40.3% for SSA; 3.5%, 12.3%, and 14.0% for SSB; and 3.5%, 14.0%, and 10.5% for histones. Our studies show that the line assay format is an easy-to-use, sensitive, and specific method for ENA antibody detection in human sera...
- Chronic urticaria--which clinical parameters are pathogenetically relevant? A retrospective investigation of 339 patientsYiling Andrea Buss
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergy, University Clinic of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 5:22-9. 2007..This study critically evaluates the relevance of frequently performed laboratory investigations and searches for infectious foci, as well as the results of physical provocation testing and oral provocation with food additives...
- [Significant decrease in quality of life in patients with pemphigus vulgaris. Results from the German Bullous Skin Disease (BSD) Study Group]Franziska Mayrshofer
Dermatologische Klinik mit Poliklinik, Friedrich Alexander Universitat, Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 3:431-5. 2005..Clinically characteristic are painful chronic blisters or erosions of mucous membranes and skin. There are no published studies on the impact o this disease on quality of life...
- The role of the Duffy antigen-related chemokine receptor in psoriasis vulgarisMichael Sticherling
Department of Dermatology, Clinical Research Group, University of Kiel, Schittenhelmstr 7, Germany
Cytokine 18:329-33. 2002..Thus biological effects of chemokines are both restricted and focussed to dermal tissue...
- Diagnostic approach and treatment of cutaneous lupus erythematosusMichael Sticherling
Department of Dermatology, University of Erlangen, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 6:48-59. 2008..Recent advances in biotechnology resulted in the development of several novel systemic agents for the treatment of autoimmune diseases; however, controlled clinical trials are still necessary for the approval of new therapies in CLE...
- Psoriasis vulgaris associated with acne vulgaris: differential effects of biologicals?Andreas Colsman
Acta Derm Venereol 88:418-9. 2008
- A comparison of oral methylprednisolone plus azathioprine or mycophenolate mofetil for the treatment of pemphigusStefan Beissert
Department of Dermatology, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Arch Dermatol 142:1447-54. 2006..To investigate the safety and efficacy of oral methylprednisolone combined with azathioprine sodium or mycophenolate mofetil for the treatment of pemphigus...