Hans Ulrich Stempfle
Affiliation: University of Munich
- Early detection of myocardial microcirculatory disturbances after primary PTCA in patients with acute myocardial infarction: coronary blood flow velocity versus sestamibi perfusion imagingHans Ulrich Stempfle
Abteilung Kardiologie Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt Ludwig Maximilians Universität München Ziemssenstrasse 1 80336 Munich, Germany
Z Kardiol 91:126-31. 2002..The aim of this study was to evaluate the tissue salvage and the microvascular integrity after successful intervention in AMI by coronary blood flow velocity and sestamibi perfusion imaging...
- Transcatheter closure of a ruptured ventricular septum following inferior myocardial infarction and cardiogenic shockThomas M Schiele
Cardiology Division, Medizinische Poliklinik Innenstadt, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 60:224-8. 2003..We report a case of fatal outcome in a patient with inferior myocardial infarction and cardiogenic shock despite technically successful transcatheter closure of a large complex ventricular septal defect...
- Tacrolimus or cyclosporine: which is the better partner for mycophenolate mofetil in heart transplant recipients?Bruno M Meiser
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Munich, Grosshadern Medical Center, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81366 Munich, Germany
Transplantation 78:591-8. 2004....
- Clinical validation of the gated blood pool SPECT QBS processing software in congestive heart failure patients: correlation with MUGA, first-pass RNV and 2D-echocardiographyMarcus Hacker
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 22:407-16. 2006..Aim of the study was to evaluate a commercially available automated GBPS processing software for EF measurements and wall motion analysis in heart failure patients...
- The role of tacrolimus (FK506)-based immunosuppression on bone mineral density and bone turnover after cardiac transplantation: a prospective, longitudinal, randomized, double-blind trial with calcitriolHans Ulrich Stempfle
Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum Innenstadt, Department of Cardiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, 80336 Munich, Germany
Transplantation 73:547-52. 2002..25 microg calcitriol (1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3) versus placebo in the prevention of bone loss and fracture rate after heart transplantion (HTx)...
- Quantitative assessment of cardiac allograft vasculopathy by real-time myocardial contrast echocardiography: a comparison with conventional echocardiographic analyses and [Tc99m]-sestamibi SPECTMarcus Hacker
Department of Cardiology, Medizinische Poliklinik, Innenstadt, University of Munich, Ziemssenstrasse 1, 80336 Munchen, Germany
Eur J Echocardiogr 9:494-500. 2008..To evaluate the additional benefit of visual and quantitative perfusion measurements compared with conventional real-time myocardial contrast echocardiography (MCE) in the detection of CAV...
- Mycophenolate acid inhibits endothelial NAD(P)H oxidase activity and superoxide formation by a Rac1-dependent mechanismFlorian Krotz
Institute of Physiology, Medical Policlinic, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Hypertension 49:201-8. 2007....
- Intravascular ultrasound-guided percutaneous coronary intervention in a human immunodeficiency virus-positive patient with cocaine-associated acute myocardial infarction: case report and reviewCarolin Sonne
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians Universität München Innenstadt, Ziemssenstrasse 1, Germany
Heart Lung Circ 14:197-200. 2005..We report a case of a young male cocaine user with acute myocardial infarction, undergoing diagnostic coronary angiography and intravascular ultrasound revealing severe atherosclerosis, followed by successful stent implantation...
- Comparison of pressure measurement, dobutamine contrast stress echocardiography and SPECT for the evaluation of intermediate coronary stenoses. The COMPRESS trialJohannes Rieber
Department of Cardiology, University of Munich, Germany
Int J Cardiovasc Intervent 6:142-7. 2004....
- Discrepancy between morphologic and functional criteria of optimal stent deployment using intravascular ultrasound and pressure derived myocardial fractional flow reserveHans Ulrich Stempfle
Medizinische Poliklinik Innenstadt, Department of Cardiology, University of Munich, Germany
Int J Cardiovasc Intervent 7:101-7. 2005..The following study evaluated the potential of serial fractional flow reserve (FFR) measurements in comparison to the 'gold standard' intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) for optimal stent deployment and its long-term outcome...
- Are high doses of intracoronary adenosine an alternative to standard intravenous adenosine for the assessment of fractional flow reserve?Gianni Casella
Department of Cardiology, Medizinische Poliklinik Klinikum Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Am Heart J 148:590-5. 2004..Therefore, this study compared different high, intracoronary doses of adenosine for the potential to achieve a maximal hyperemia equivalent to the standard intravenous route...
- ICUS-guided obliteration of a complex coronary artery aneurysm with a PTFE-covered stentAndreas König
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Ziemssenstr 1, 80336, Munich, Germany
J Invasive Cardiol 15:454-6. 2003
- Fractional flow reserve predicts major adverse cardiac events after coronary stent implantationJohannes Rieber
Dept of Cardiology, Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, University of Munich, Ziemssenstr 1 80336 Munich, Germany
Z Kardiol 91:132-6. 2002..We sought to determine the prognostic value of FFR measurements in a large patient cohort undergoing coronary stent implantation...
- Long-term safety of therapy stratification in patients with intermediate coronary lesions based on intracoronary pressure measurementsJohannes Rieber
Department of Cardiology, Division of Internal Medicine, University of Munich, Ziemssenstrasse 1, 80336 Munich, Germany
Am J Cardiol 90:1160-4. 2002
- Effects of calcium supplementation on bone loss and fractures in congestive heart failureRobert J A Frost
Medizinische Poliklinik, Klinikum Innenstadt, Department of Cardiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 156:309-14. 2007..There is limited knowledge about the longitudinal changes of BMD and how to treat bone loss in patients with CHF...
- The Munich score: a clinical index to predict survival in ambulatory patients with chronic heart failure in the era of new medical therapiesHans Ulrich Stempfle
Department of Internal Medicine, Asklepios Stadtklinik Bad Tölz, Munich, Germany
J Heart Lung Transplant 27:222-8. 2008..In this study we assessed the prognostic value of 55 variables at baseline and 9 variables representing changes of hemodynamic parameters over time...