Jens Oliver Steiss
Affiliation: University of Giessen
- [Renal carbuncle and perirenal abscess in children and adolescents]J O Steiß
Zentrum für Kinderheilkunde und Jugendmedizin, Allgemeine Pädiatrie und Neonatologie, Universitätsklinikum Gießen und Marburg GmbH, Standort Gießen, Justus Liebig Universität Gießen, Feulgenstraße 12, 35385, Giesen, Deutschland
Urologe A 53:1476-81. 2014..The therapy is supported if necessary by percutaneous abscess drainage. Open revision or even nephrectomy is rarely required. ..
- Optimisation of omalizumab dosage in patients with severe persistent allergic asthma using recoveryELISAJens Oliver Steiß
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology and Allergy, Department of Pediatrics and Neonatology, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Feulgenstraße 12, 35385, Giessen, Germany
BioDrugs 28:445-50. 2014..The objective of this study was to investigate the suitability of recoveryELISA as a method to monitor treatment with therapeutic antibodies using the example of omalizumab...
- [Acute urinary retention in children: initial manifestation of caudal regression syndrome]J O Steiß
Zentrum für Kinderheilkunde und Jugendmedizin, Allgemeine Pädiatrie und Neonatologie, Universitätsklinikum Gießen und Marburg GmbH, Justus Liebig Universität Gießen, Feulgenstraße 12, 35385, Giesen, Deutschland
Urologe A 52:1705-7. 2013..This article reports the unusual case of a toddler presenting with acute urinary retention as the initial symptom of caudal regression syndrome. ..
- Immunoglobulin E monitoring and reduction of omalizumab therapy in children and adolescentsJens Oliver Steiss
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Pulmonology, and Allergy, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Allergy Asthma Proc 33:77-81. 2012..This will be an important aspect of dosage in long-term therapy. Patients undergoing treatment with omalizumab must be monitored at close intervals...
- Effect of inhaled corticosteroid treatment on exhaled breath condensate leukotriene E(4) in children with mild asthmaJens Oliver Steiss
University Children s Hospital, Giessen, Germany
Allergy Asthma Proc 29:371-5. 2008..These findings suggest that LTE(4) in breath condensate may be helpful in latent inflammatory activity in the bronchial mucosa in children with asthma...
- Capnovolumetry: a new tool for lung function testing in children with asthmaJ O Steiss
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Pulmonology and Allergy, University of Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 28:332-6. 2008..This seems to be especially helpful in situations where body plethysmography is not available or cooperation in forced expiration manoeuvres is insufficient...
- Reduction of the total IgE level by omalizumab in children and adolescentsJ O Steiss
Pulmonology and Allergy, Department of Pediatrics, University of Giessen, Germany
J Asthma 45:233-6. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the value of the determination of total IgE by ADVIA Centaur assay to monitor the therapy progress...
- [A new breath actuated dry powder inhaler (Auto-Jethaler)]J O Steiss
Zentrum für Kinderheilkunde und Jugendmedizin der Universität Giessen
Klin Padiatr 219:66-9. 2007..The aim was to examine the handling of the recently developed breath actuated dry powder inhaler Auto-Jethaler (PulmoTec GmbH/Höchstädt, launch by Ratiopharm and CT Berlin)...
- A modified ultrarush insect venom immunotherapy protocol for childrenJens Oliver Steiss
University Children s Hospital, Giessen, Germany
Allergy Asthma Proc 27:148-50. 2006..The modified ultrarush protocol for insect VIT used in this study showed very good tolerability and safety in children and adolescents. This dose regimen can increase compliance by shortening inpatient stay and reduces hospital costs...
- Late-onset nephrotic syndrome and severe cerebellar atrophy in Galloway-Mowat syndromeJ O Steiss
Department of Pediatrics, University of Giessen, Germany
Neuropediatrics 36:332-5. 2005..We postulate that this patient had a milder form of GMS with severe and diffuse cerebellar atrophy as the leading central nervous system abnormality...
- [A modified ultra-rush-protocol of allergen immunotherapy in children and adolescents with insect venom allergy]J O Steiss
Zentrum fÃ¼r Kinderheilkunde und Jugendmedizin des UniversitÃ¤tsklinikums Giessen
Klin Padiatr 216:79-82. 2004..The purpose of this study was to investigate the safety of the original ultra-rush-protocol in children and reduce from 9 to 8 doses by avoiding a second application of 100 micro g insect venom...
- [Wegener's granulomatosis as a rare cause of hemoptysis in childhood]M Heckmann
Pädiatrische Pneumologie und Allergologie, Zentrum für Kinderheilkunde und Jugendmedizin, Justus Liebig Universitat, Giessen
Klin Padiatr 218:20-1. 2006..We report on a 14 years old girl who developed arthralgia, purpura, glomerulonephritis and a diffuse alveolar haemorrhage with hemoptysis after a short time period of unspecific symptoms...
- [Acute Renal Failure in Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome: Differential Diagnosis]D Klauwer
Zentrum für Kinderheilkunde und Jugendmedizin, Abt Allgemeine Pädiatrie und Neonatologie, Justus Liebig Universitat, Giessen, Germany
Klin Padiatr 214:74-5. 2002..Additionally, in twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome especially the donor can suffer from acute renal failure caused by longterm intrauterine hypoperfusion of the kidneys resulting in severe retardation of renal development...
- Analysis of genes encoding laminin beta2 and related proteins in patients with Galloway-Mowat syndromeAndreas Dietrich
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Schwabachanlage 10, 91054, Erlangen, Germany
Pediatr Nephrol 23:1779-86. 2008..We excluded LAMB2 as a candidate gene for GMS. Further studies are required, including linkage analysis in families with GMS to identify genes underlying this disease...