- Decision making under stress: a selective review
Department of General Psychology Cognition, University of Duisburg Essen, 47057 Duisburg, Germany
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 36:1228-48. 2012
..The results are discussed with respect to underlying psychological and neural mechanisms, implications for everyday decision making and future research directions...
- Stress influences decisions to break a safety rule in a complex simulation task in females
Department of General Psychology Cognition, University of Duisburg Essen, Germany Electronic address
Biol Psychol 118:35-43. 2016
..We conclude that stress increased the decisions to break the safety rule because stressed female participants focused on the potential high gains while they neglected the risk of potential negative consequences. ..
- Physiological and endocrine reactions to psychosocial stress in alcohol use disorders: duration of abstinence matters
Department of Psychiatry, Amsterdam Institute for Addiction Research, Academic Medical Center University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 37:1343-50. 2013
- Does stress alter everyday moral decision-making?
Department of General Psychology Cognition, University of Duisburg Essen, Duisburg, Germany
Psychoneuroendocrinology 36:210-9. 2011
- Decision-making under risk conditions is susceptible to interference by a secondary executive task
Department of General Psychology Cognition, University of Duisburg Essen, Forsthausweg 2, 47057 Duisburg, Germany
Cogn Process 12:177-82. 2011
- Impaired decision making under ambiguity but not under risk in individuals with pathological buying-behavioral and psychophysiological evidence
Department of General Psychology Cognition, University of Duisburg Essen, Duisburg, Germany Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 229:551-8. 2015
..Thus, deficits in emotional feedback processing might be one potential factor in etiology and pathogenesis of PB and should be considered in theory and treatment. ..
- Pathological Buying Online as a Specific Form of Internet Addiction: A Model-Based Experimental Investigation
Department of General Psychology Cognition, University Duisburg Essen, Duisburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0140296. 2015
..The presence of craving in individuals with a propensity for online pathological buying emphasizes that this behavior merits potential consideration within the non-substance/behavioral addictions. ..
- Effects of Acute Laboratory Stress on Executive Functions
Department of General Psychology Cognition, University of Duisburg Essen Duisburg, Germany
Front Psychol 7:461. 2016
..Effect sizes for the tasks that reveal differences between stressed and unstressed participants are high. We conclude that the laboratory stressor used here overall reduced executive functioning. ..
- Stress and decision making: neural correlates of the interaction between stress, executive functions, and decision making under risk
Department of General Psychology Cognition, University of Duisburg Essen, Forsthausweg 2, 47057, Duisburg, Germany
Exp Brain Res 232:957-73. 2014
..The findings are in line with the idea that stress seems to trigger a switch from serial to parallel processing in demanding dual-tasking situations...
- Cue-induced craving in pathological buying: empirical evidence and clinical implications
From the Department of General Psychology Cognition P T, K S, M B, University of Duisburg Essen, Duisburg, Germany Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy A P, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany and Erwin L Hahn Institute for Magnetic Resonance Imaging M B, Essen, Germany
Psychosom Med 76:694-700. 2014
..In analogy to results reported in addicted individuals, craving reactions elicited by addiction-related cues might be an underlying mechanism for the etiology and pathogenesis of pathological buying...