Affiliation: University of Munich
- Differential diagnosis of bacterial infection and inflammatory response in kidney diseases using procalcitoninThomas Sitter
Department of Nephrology, Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Nephrol 15:297-301. 2002....
- Modulation of fibrinolytic system components in mesothelial cells by hyaluronanThomas Sitter
Department of Nephrology, Medizinische Klinik, Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Germany
Perit Dial Int 23:222-7. 2003..In the present study, we investigated the impact of HA on the synthesis of tissue-type plasminogen activator (t-PA) and its inhibitor, plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) in cultured human peritoneal mesothelial cells (MC)...
- [Diagnosis of acute renal failure]T Sitter
Nephrologisches Zentrum Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:33-7. 2002
- Heat-killed microorganisms induce PAI-1 expression in human peritoneal mesothelial cells: role of interleukin-1alphaS Mandl-Weber
Medizinische Klinik, , Munich, Germany
Am J Kidney Dis 37:815-9. 2001..Because the increase in PAI-1 expression is significantly quenched by blocking the activity of IL-1alpha, the mesothelial release of this cytokine is involved in bacterial-induced changes in the fibrinolytic system...
- D-glucose increases the synthesis of tissue-type plasminogen activator (t-PA) in human peritoneal mesothelial cellsT Sitter
Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
Thromb Haemost 82:1171-6. 1999..We conclude that hyperosmolarity induces t-PA (but not PAI-1) in HMC via a regulatory mechanism that requires active PKC, but that does not involve a major pathway in the MAPK cascade...
- Hyaluronan fragments induce the synthesis of MCP-1 and IL-8 in cultured human peritoneal mesothelial cellsB Haslinger
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, , Munich, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 305:79-86. 2001..In concert with previous findings, our observations indicate that enhanced levels of HA, which are present in the peritoneal cavity of peritoneal dialysis patients, may account for a locally increased chemokine production...
- Early glycated albumin, but not advanced glycated albumin, methylglyoxal, or 3-deoxyglucosone increases the expression of PAI-1 in human peritoneal mesothelial cellsS Mandl-Weber
Medizinische Klinik, , Munich, Germany
Perit Dial Int 21:487-94. 2001..Thus, glycated albumin may contribute to an imbalance between intraperitoneal formation and degradation of fibrin that causes peritoneal structural alterations, with subsequent membrane failure...
- Adenovirus-mediated transfer of the 39 kD receptor-associated protein increases fibrinolytic capacityM F Goedde
Gaubius Laboratory, TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, The Netherlands, and Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum Innenstadt, , Munich, Germany
Kidney Int 60:117-25. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Adenovirus-mediated transfer of the RAP gene provides an efficient way of transiently increasing the fibrinolytic capacity of mesothelial cells...
- Reversible MRI changes in a patient with uremic encephalopathyM Schmidt
Clinic of Medicine, Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Nephrol 14:424-7. 2001..Cranial MRI indicated a marked regression of the lesions to nearly normal, confirming the diagnosis of uremic encephalopathy...
- [Another "suspect": homeopathic agent associated with acute interstitial nephritis]G Türkoglu-Raach
Nephrologisches Zentrum der Medizinischen Poliklinik Innenstadt, Klinikum der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 135:1224-7. 2010..A 70-year-old woman was admitted to hospital with fatigue, pallor and shortness of breath on mild exertion. In her past medical history only borderline hypertension and allergy to penicillin were to note...
- [Treatment of acute renal failure]S R Lederer
Nephrologisches Zentrum, Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:89-93. 2002
- [Primary hypertrophic osteoarthropathy (Touraine-Solente-Golé syndrome)]M Toepfer
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:1013-6. 2002..In addition he suffered from marked whole-body sweating, especially of the hands and feet, as well as persistent pain in the limbs and joints...
- ACE inhibitor and AT1-receptor blocker attenuate the production of VEGF in mesothelial cellsMatthias Sauter
Department of Nephrology, Medizinische Poliklinik Innenstadt, Germany
Perit Dial Int 27:167-72. 2007..The present in vitro study was designed to investigate the effect of the ACE inhibitors captopril and enalapril, and the angiotensin II type 1-receptor (AT1) antagonist losartan on mesothelial VEGF synthesis...
- Nephrotic-range proteinuria following pamidronate therapy in a patient with metastatic breast cancer: mitochondrial toxicity as a pathogenetic concept?Matthias Sauter
Medizinische Poliklinik, Klinikum Innenstadt, University of Munich, Germany
Am J Kidney Dis 47:1075-80. 2006
- Impact of glucose in peritoneal dialysis: saint or sinner?Thomas Sitter
Department of Nephrology, Medizinische Poliklinik Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Germany
Perit Dial Int 25:415-25. 2005..This review will focus on adverse effects of glucose in PD solutions and summarize different aspects of glucotoxicity and potential therapeutic interventions...
- Treatment of intoxication with Cortinarius speciosissimus using an antioxidant therapyMarkus Wornle
Medical Policlinic Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Am J Kidney Dis 43:e3-6. 2004..Here the authors report the use of antioxidant therapy in 2 patients with acute renal failure caused by Cortinarius speciosissimus intoxication...
- Non-invasive monitoring of renal transplant recipients: urinary excretion of soluble adhesion molecules and of the complement-split product C4dStephan R Lederer
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Deutschland
Nephron Clin Pract 94:c19-26. 2003..The aim of this study was to assess whether specific molecules from either pathway are excreted into urine and whether they can provide useful diagnostic tools for the monitoring of renal transplant recipients...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor production and regulation in human peritoneal mesothelial cellsSonja Mandl-Weber
Nephrologisches Zentrum, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Kidney Int 61:570-8. 2002..The present study was designed to assess the influence of proinflammatory cytokines, thrombin, d-glucose and glycated albumin in the regulation of VEGF synthesis in primary HMC cultures...
- Gadolinium as an alternative contrast agent for diagnostic and interventional angiographic procedures in patients with impaired renal functionJohannes Rieger
Department of Radiology, Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 17:824-8. 2002....
- 5-ASA therapy and renal function in inflammatory bowel diseaseJens T Siveke
Am J Gastroenterol 100:501. 2005
- Effects of mycophenolate mofetil on donor-specific antibody formation in renal transplantationStephan R Lederer
Nephrologisches Zentrum, Klinikum der Universitaet Muenchen Innenstadt, Muenchen, Germany
Clin Transplant 19:168-74. 2005..The present study was designed to investigate the effects of this drug on human leukocyte(HLA) antibody production in general and donor-specific antibody (DSA) formation in particular in 154 recipients of renal allografts...
- Reduced CD40L expression on ex vivo activated CD4+ T-lymphocytes from patients with excellent renal allograft function measured with a rapid whole blood flow cytometry procedureStephan R Lederer
Medizinische Klinik, Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Deutschland
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 133:276-84. 2004..Using a rapid noninvasive FACS procedure, we were able to demonstrate CD40L upregulation in peripheral blood of patients with chronic renal allograft dysfunction...