Affiliation: University Hospital
- Hypochondriacal attitudes comprise heterogeneous non-illness-related cognitionsMichael Schwenzer
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatic Medicine, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr 30, D 52074, Aachen, Germany
BMC Psychiatry 12:173. 2012..Particularly, the present investigation tested for the first time whether social fears, low self-esteem, and reduced warm glow effect represent distinct or related biases in hypochondriacal attitudes...
- Impaired pitch identification as a potential marker for depressionMichael Schwenzer
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatic Medicine, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
BMC Psychiatry 12:32. 2012..Impaired auditory performance has been considered as marker for depression. The present study tested whether pitch perception is affected in depression and whether the impairment is task-specific or reflects global dysfunction...
- Differential effects of indoleamines on auditory choice reaction, selective attention, and pitch discriminationMichael Schwenzer
RWTH Aachen University, Department Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Neurosci Lett 398:310-3. 2006..We conclude that disorders and drugs affecting the indoleamines must be considered differentially in the auditory and the visual system...
- Numeric aspects in pitch identification: an fMRI studyMichael Schwenzer
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
BMC Neurosci 12:26. 2011..Encoding of numerous stimuli had activated the intraparietal sulcus in the visual domain. Therefore, we hypothesized that numerosity encoding during pitch identification activates the intraparietal sulcus as well...
- Hypochondriacal attitudes may reflect a general cognitive bias that is not limited to illness-related thoughtsMichael Schwenzer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Psychol Health 26:965-73. 2011..A less positive appraisal of familiar experiences, which is unrelated to illness-related thoughts, may maintain hypochondriacal concerns. A general distrustful attitude towards familiar procedures should be considered in hypochondriasis...
- Differential skills of perception of frequencyMichael Schwenzer
RWTH Aachen University, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Percept Mot Skills 105:236-42. 2007..The auditory tests are likely suitable for assessing distinct skills, but correlations with general cognitive abilities require further investigations...
- Alertness and visuospatial attention in clinical depressionLisa Schock
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, Medical School, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
BMC Psychiatry 11:78. 2011..Cognitive deficits are a substantial burden in clinical depression. The present study considered dysfunction in the right-hemispheric attention network in depression, examining alertness and visuospatial attention...
- Effects of aversive odour presentation on inhibitory control in the Stroop colour-word interference taskAndreas Finkelmeyer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr, 30, Aachen, Germany
BMC Neurosci 11:131. 2010..An unpleasant (H2S) and an emotionally neutral (Eugenol) odorant were presented in two separate experimental runs, both in blocks alternating with ambient air, to 25 healthy volunteers, while they performed the cognitive task...
- Quetiapine modulates functional connectivity in brain aggression networksMartin Klasen
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, and Psychosomatics, Medical School, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Neuroimage 75:20-6. 2013..The violence-specific modulation of prefrontal-amygdala networks appears to control aggressive behavior and provides a neurobiological model for the anti-aggressive effects of quetiapine...