Affiliation: University of Cologne
- Molybdenum cofactor and human diseaseGuenter Schwarz
Institute of Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry and Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne and Cologne Excellence Cluster on Cellular Stress Responses in Aging Associated Diseases, University of Cologne, Zuelpicher Str 47, 50674 Koeln, Germany Electronic address
Curr Opin Chem Biol 31:179-87. 2016..In this review we cover the biosynthesis of Moco, key features of Moco-enzymes and focus on their deficiency. Underlying disease mechanisms as well as treatment options will be discussed. ..
- Structural basis of thermal stability of the tungsten cofactor synthesis protein MoaB from Pyrococcus furiosusNastassia Havarushka
Institute of Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e86030. 2014..The latter suggests a gain in conformational flexibility caused by the disruption of the hexamerization interface...
- S-palmitoylation represents a novel mechanism regulating the mitochondrial targeting of BAX and initiation of apoptosisM Frohlich
Institute of Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry and Center for Molecular Medicine, Cologne University, Zulpicher Strasse 47, Cologne 50674, Germany
Cell Death Dis 5:e1057. 2014..Our findings suggest that S-palmitoylation of BAX at Cys126 is a key regulatory process of BAX-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Molybdenum in human health and diseaseGuenter Schwarz
Institute of Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Cologne, Zulpicher Strasse 47, D 50674, Koln, Germany
Met Ions Life Sci 13:415-50. 2013..The underlying molecular basis of Moco deficiency, possible treatment options and links to other diseases, such as neuropsychiatric disorders, will be discussed. ..
- Molybdenum cofactor biosynthesis and molybdenum enzymesGunter Schwarz
Institute of Plant Biology, Technical University Braunschweig, 38023 Braunschweig, Germany
Annu Rev Plant Biol 57:623-47. 2006..3) Aldehyde oxidase catalyzes the last step of abscisic acid biosynthesis, and (4) xanthine dehydrogenase is essential for purine degradation and stress response...
- Molybdenum cofactors, enzymes and pathwaysGunter Schwarz
Institute of Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry and Centre for Molecular Medicine, University of Cologne, 47 Zuelpicher Street, 50674 Cologne, Germany
Nature 460:839-47. 2009....
- Functionality of alternative splice forms of the first enzymes involved in human molybdenum cofactor biosynthesisPetra Hänzelmann
Institute of Plant Biology, Technical University of Braunschweig, D 38023 Braunschweig, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:18303-12. 2002..Comparative mutational studies of MOCS1A and the small subunit of the E. coli MPT synthase (MoaD) indicate a different function of the double glycine motifs in both proteins...
- Multivalent interactions of the SUMO-interaction motifs in RING finger protein 4 determine the specificity for chains of the SUMOKirstin Keusekotten
Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, 50674 Koln, Germany
Biochem J 457:207-14. 2014..In the present paper, we describe that the sequence and spacing of the SIMs (SUMO-interaction motifs) in RNF4 regulate the avidity-driven recognition of substrate proteins carrying SUMO chains of variable length...