Affiliation: University of Mainz
- Novel ways to sensitise gastrointestinal cancer to apoptosisH Schulze-Bergkamen
First Medical Department, University of Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, D 55101 Mainz, Germany
Gut 58:1010-24. 2009..In this review, the current knowledge on defects in apoptosis signalling in GI cancer is summarised and the focus is on the potential clinical efficacy of apoptosis targeting agents...
- Bcl-x(L) and Myeloid cell leukaemia-1 contribute to apoptosis resistance of colorectal cancer cellsHenning Schulze-Bergkamen
First Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 14:3829-40. 2008..To explore the role of Bcl-x(L) and Myeloid cell leukaemia (Mcl)-1 for the apoptosis resistance of colorectal carcinoma (CRC) cells towards current treatment modalities...
- Suppression of Mcl-1 via RNA interference sensitizes human hepatocellular carcinoma cells towards apoptosis inductionHenning Schulze-Bergkamen
First Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
BMC Cancer 6:232. 2006..In this study, we manipulated expression of the Mcl-1 protein in HCC cells by RNA interference and analyzed its impact on apoptosis sensitivity of HCC cells in vitro...
- TRAIL-induced apoptosis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells is augmented by targeted therapiesBruno Christian Koehler
First Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, 55101 Mainz, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 15:5924-35. 2009....
- Mcl-1 is an anti-apoptotic factor for human hepatocellular carcinomaBinje Fleischer
I Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, 55101 Mainz, Germany
Int J Oncol 28:25-32. 2006..Our data suggest that Mcl-1 is an important factor for the apoptosis resistance of human HCC, and constitutes an interesting target for HCC therapy...
- Knockout of myeloid cell leukemia-1 induces liver damage and increases apoptosis susceptibility of murine hepatocytesBinje Vick
1st Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
Hepatology 49:627-36. 2009..Furthermore, Mcl-1(flox/flox)-AlbCre mice are more susceptible to hepatocellular damage induced by agonistic anti-CD95 antibodies or concanavalin A...
- The impact of patient and tumour baseline characteristics on the overall survival of patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma treated with sorafenibMarcus A Wörns
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Dig Liver Dis 45:408-13. 2013..Impact of patient and tumour baseline characteristics on the overall survival is not well characterized in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) treated with sorafenib...
- IFN-alpha-induced apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma involves promyelocytic leukemia protein and TRAIL independently of p53Kerstin Herzer
Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Cancer Res 69:855-62. 2009....
- Genetics of hepatocellular carcinomaAndreas Teufel
Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, Building 301, Langenbeckstr 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 13:2271-82. 2007..Furthermore, we describe the influence of chromosomal aberrations as well as of DNA methylation. Finally, we report on the rapidly developing field of genomic expression profiling in HCC, mainly by microarray analysis...
- Down-regulation of CYLD as a trigger for NF-κB activation and a mechanism of apoptotic resistance in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsToni Urbanik
First Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Int J Oncol 38:121-31. 2011..Our data identify the reconstitution of CYLD expression as an attractive approach for overcoming resistance to treatment in HCC...
- Survival analysis of proposed BCLC-B subgroups in hepatocellular carcinoma patientsArndt Weinmann
Clinical Registry Unit CRU, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany Department of Internal Medicine I, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Liver Int 35:591-600. 2015..Analysis of the prognostic significance of a proposed subclassification of the BCLC-B score in a European cohort of HCC patients...
- Safety and efficacy of sorafenib in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma in consideration of concomitant stage of liver cirrhosisMarcus Alexander Wörns
I Department of Internal Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:489-95. 2009..We report our experiences with sorafenib in advanced HCC, particularly in patients with LCI Child-Pugh B/C, where only limited data are available in regard to safety and efficacy of sorafenib...
- The role of apoptosis versus oncotic necrosis in liver injury: facts or faith?Henning Schulze-Bergkamen
Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstrasse 1, Mainz 55101, Germany
J Hepatol 44:984-93. 2006
- Activation of SIRT1 by human chorionic gonadotropin exerts a therapeutic effect on hepatic injury and inflammationCaroline Steinmetz
I Department of Internal Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, 55101, Mainz, Germany
Hepatology . 2017..Further, elevated IL-16 levels are found in the sera from patients with autoimmune hepatitis, HBV, HCV and NASH...