A A Schnitzbauer
Affiliation: University of Regensburg
- Safety and feasibility of third-party multipotent adult progenitor cells for immunomodulation therapy after liver transplantation--a phase I study (MISOT-I)Felix C Popp
Department of Surgery, University Medical Center Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
J Transl Med 9:124. 2011..In animal models, MAPCs reduce the need for pharmacological immunosuppression after experimental solid organ transplantation and regenerate damaged organs...
- A therapeutic exploratory study to determine the efficacy and safety of calcineurin-inhibitor-free de-novo immunosuppression after liver transplantation: CILTArmin D Goralczyk
Department of General and Visceral Surgery, University Medical Center Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
BMC Surg 10:15. 2010..Based on this clinical data this study protocol was designed to assess the efficacy and safety of calcineurin-inhibitor-free de-novo immunosuppression after liver transplantation...
- A prospective randomised, open-labeled, trial comparing sirolimus-containing versus mTOR-inhibitor-free immunosuppression in patients undergoing liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinomaAndreas A Schnitzbauer
University Hospital Regensburg, Department of Surgery, Regensburg, Germany
BMC Cancer 10:190. 2010..Therefore, we designed a prospective RCT to determine if the mTOR inhibitor sirolimus can improve hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)-free patient survival in liver transplant (LT) recipients with a pre-transplant diagnosis of HCC...
- Liver transplantation for sclerosing cholangitis in a polytraumatized patientAndreas A Schnitzbauer
Department of Surgery, Regensburg University Hospital, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, Regensburg, Germany
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:121-6. 2009..The patient developed acute liver failure 8 weeks after the initial trauma...
- Does mini-incision donor nephrectomy improve quality of life in living kidney donors?Andreas A Schnitzbauer
Department of Surgery, University of Regensburg Medical Center, Regensburg, Germany
Clin Transplant 21:235-40. 2007..This study was performed to evaluate the impact of different surgical procedures on the quality of life (QoL) in patients that underwent donor nephrectomy...
- [Pararectal mini-incision for strictly retroperitoneal nephrectomy in living kidney donation]A A Schnitzbauer
Klinik und Poliklinik für Chirurgie, Universitat, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93053, Regensburg
Urologe A 45:1170-5. 2006..In this study we present the technique of a strictly retroperitoneal donor nephrectomy via a pararectal mini-incision...
- Mini-incision for strictly retroperitoneal nephrectomy in living kidney donation vs flank incisionA A Schnitzbauer
University of Regensburg Medical Center, Department of Surgery, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:2948-52. 2006..In this study, we investigated intra-operative and post-operative data on outcome following MIDN in comparison with ODN data...
- Contrast harmonic imaging ultrasound and perfusion imaging for surveillance after endovascular abdominal aneurysm repair regarding detection and characterization of suspected endoleaksK Pfister
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University Medical Center Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 43:119-28. 2009..tomography angiography (CTA) scan in detecting and characterizing suspected endoleaks after endovascular abdominal aneurysm repair in a non-selected group including reintervention procedure and branched endografts in daily practice?..
- Pretransplant calcium levels have no predictive value for delayed graft function, long-term graft function, cardiovascular events, or graft and patient survival in renal transplantationB Kruger
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Innere Medizin II, Nephrologie, Universitat Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Transplant Proc 38:697-700. 2006..Therefore, we investigated the impact of pretransplant serum calcium levels on outcomes after kidney transplantation: DGF, acute rejection, graft function, and survival, as well as the incidence of cardiovascular events...
- Characterization of microvascularization of liver tumor lesions with high resolution linear ultrasound and contrast enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) during surgery: First resultsE M Jung
Department of Radiology, University Medical Center Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 46:89-99. 2010..Evaluation of high resolution linear ultrasound and intra-operative linear contrast enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) and its benefit for the detection and characterization of tumor lesions...
- Pre-existent portal vein thrombosis in liver transplantation: influence of pre-operative disease severityA Doenecke
Klinik und Poliklinik für Chirurgie, Uniklinikum Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Clin Transplant 24:48-55. 2010..To evaluate this influence at different stages of liver decompensation, we compared the outcome of patients suffering from PVT to patients with patent portal vein within different score ranges...
- [Challenges in the organization of investigator initiated trials: in transplantation medicine]A A Schnitzbauer
Klinik und Poliklinik für Chirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, Regensburg, Germany
Chirurg 82:249-54. 2011..A good model is an investigator initiated trial (IIT) in which academic institutions function as the sponsor and in which normally a scientific idea stands before marketing interests of a certain medical product...
- Early experience shows rapid shrinking of abdominal aortic aneurysms after endovascular treatment with Anaconda deviceA Stehr
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Regensburg, Germany
Vasa 36:199-204. 2007..The Anaconda prosthesis is a new endovascular device for abdominal aortic aneurysms repair...
- No effect of C-reactive protein (CRP) haplotypes on CRP levels and post-transplant morbidity and mortality in renal transplantationBernd Krüger
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Innere Medizin II, Universitat Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Transpl Int 21:452-8. 2008....
- Fatal pneumonia caused by Panton-Valentine Leucocidine-positive methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (PVL-MRSA) transmitted from a healthy donor in living-donor liver transplantationAiman Obed
Klinik und Poliklinik für Chirurgie, Universitat Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Transplantation 81:121-4. 2006..This case demonstrates a previously unknown, and potentially fatal, risk in living-donor liver transplantation: transmission of a severe infection from a healthy donor to the recipient...