Affiliation: University of Munich
- Activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma by glitazones reduces the expression and release of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in human mesothelial cellsMatthias Sauter
Medizinische Poliklinik Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitaet Muenchen, Muenchen, Germany
Mediators Inflamm 2012:217696. 2012..Rosiglitazone was also effective in reducing TNFα-induced enhanced secretion of MCP-1. Our findings indicate that glitazones are effective in reducing constitutive and TNFα-stimulated mesothelial MCP-1 mRNA expression and release...
- A case report of the efficient reduction of calcium channel antibodies by tryptophan ligand immunoadsorption in a patient with Lambert-Eaton syndromeMatthias Sauter
Medical Policlinic, Department of Nephrology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Ther Apher Dial 14:364-7. 2010..Repeated treatments resulted in a considerable decrease in antibody levels and a marked subjective and objective amelioration of LEMS as well as of the cerebellar symptoms...
- Nephrotic-range proteinuria following pamidronate therapy in a patient with metastatic breast cancer: mitochondrial toxicity as a pathogenetic concept?Matthias Sauter
Medizinische Poliklinik, Klinikum Innenstadt, University of Munich, Germany
Am J Kidney Dis 47:1075-80. 2006
- ACE inhibitor and AT1-receptor blocker attenuate the production of VEGF in mesothelial cellsMatthias Sauter
Department of Nephrology, Medizinische Poliklinik Innenstadt, Germany
Perit Dial Int 27:167-72. 2007..The present in vitro study was designed to investigate the effect of the ACE inhibitors captopril and enalapril, and the angiotensin II type 1-receptor (AT1) antagonist losartan on mesothelial VEGF synthesis...
- Role of viral receptors TLR3, RIG-I and MDA5 in mesothelial tissue-type plasminogen activator and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 synthesisMarkus Wornle
Medical Policlinic, Ludwig Maximillians University, Munich, Germany
Thromb Haemost 101:1128-37. 2009....
- Role of viral induced vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) production in pleural effusion and malignant mesotheliomaMarkus Wornle
Medical Policlinic, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Cell Biol Int 33:180-6. 2009..This finding of viral induced mesothelial VEGF synthesis may indicate a novel link between viral infections and formation of pleural effusions and progression of malignant mesothelioma...
- Role of toll-like receptor 3, RIG-I, and MDA5 in the expression of mesothelial IL-8 induced by viral RNAMarkus Wornle
Medical Policlinic, Ludwig Maximilians University, Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, 80336 Munich, Germany
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 160:1179-87. 2010....
- Novel role of toll-like receptor 3, RIG-I and MDA5 in poly (I:C) RNA-induced mesothelial inflammationMarkus Wornle
Medical Policlinic, Ludwig Maximilians University, Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, 80336, Munich, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 322:193-206. 2009..This novel finding of functional expression of viral sensors on human MC may indicate a novel link between viral infections and mesothelial inflammation and indicates a pathophysiologic role of viral receptors in these processes...
- Recombinant GPI-anchored TIMP-1 stimulates growth and migration of peritoneal mesothelial cellsRoghieh Djafarzadeh
Arbeitsgruppe Klinische Biochemie, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik IV, Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e33963. 2012..Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) biology underlies aspects of mesothelial homeostasis as well as wound repair. The endogenous tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) moderate MMP activity...
- Effect of dsRNA on mesangial cell synthesis of plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 and tissue plasminogen activatorMarkus Wornle
Medical Policlinic, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Nephron Exp Nephrol 113:e57-65. 2009..We investigated the effect of stimulation of the viral receptors toll-like receptor 3 (TLR3) and retinoic acid-inducible gene I (RIG-I) on the expression of PAI-1 and t-PA...
- Loss of a renal graft due to recurrence of anti-GBM disease despite rituximab therapyMatthias Sauter
Department of Nephrology, Medizinische Poliklinik Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universität Muenchen, Germany
Clin Transplant 23:132-6. 2009..Although this resulted in a decrease of anti-GBM antibody titer, graft function deteriorated further and a renal replacement therapy had to be initiated...
- Role of matrix metalloproteinases in viral-associated glomerulonephritisMarkus Wornle
Medizinische Poliklinik Klinikum der LMU, Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, 80336 Munchen, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:1113-21. 2009..These matrix components are metabolized by matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) as well as tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase (TIMPs)...
- Synthetic double-stranded RNA stimulates the expression of interferon-inducible protein 10 in human mesothelial cellsMonika Merkle
Klinikum Traunstein, Nephrology, Cuno Niggl Str 3, 83278 Traunstein, Germany
Clin Vaccine Immunol 18:176-9. 2011..A time- and dose-dependent increase in IP-10 is found upon activation of viral receptors expressed on mesothelial cells, which provides novel evidence for a link between viral infections and inflammation of serous membranes...
- Cystatin C and creatinine as markers for radiocontrast-induced nephropathy in patients treated with N-acetylcysteineMonika Merkle
Department of Nephrology, Klinikum Traunstein, Traunstein, Germany
Ren Fail 32:85-90. 2010..Furthermore, we present a prophylactic treatment regime easily applicable even in an outpatient setting, which seems to protect very effectively against RCIN in a high-risk group of patients...
- Modulation of fibrinolytic system components in mesothelial cells by hyaluronanThomas Sitter
Department of Nephrology, Medizinische Klinik, Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Germany
Perit Dial Int 23:222-7. 2003..In the present study, we investigated the impact of HA on the synthesis of tissue-type plasminogen activator (t-PA) and its inhibitor, plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) in cultured human peritoneal mesothelial cells (MC)...
- Nephron-sparing resection of angiomyolipoma after sirolimus pretreatment in patients with tuberous sclerosisMichael Staehler
Urologische Klinik, Klinikum der Ludwig Maximilians Universitaet, Marchioninistr 15, 81337, Munich, Germany
Int Urol Nephrol 44:1657-61. 2012..This is the first report on a multimodal therapeutic approach facilitating a nephron-sparing, definitive resection...
- Impact of glucose in peritoneal dialysis: saint or sinner?Thomas Sitter
Department of Nephrology, Medizinische Poliklinik Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Germany
Perit Dial Int 25:415-25. 2005..This review will focus on adverse effects of glucose in PD solutions and summarize different aspects of glucotoxicity and potential therapeutic interventions...