Affiliation: University of Leipzig
- A patient presenting with abdominal pain to the general practitioner: a case reportThomas Frese
Department of Primary Care of the Leipzig Medical School, Philipp Rosenthal Strasse 55, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Cases J 2:9297. 2009..Right-sided upper abdominal pain is a common cause of presentation to general practitioners...
- [Presenting problem: abdominal pain]H Sandholzer
MMW Fortschr Med 148:28-30. 2006..Gynecological problems must also be considered, while diseases other than gastrointestinal are of no significance for the differential diagnosis of abdominal complaints in the general physician's office...
- [Diagnostic work-up of abdominal pain by the family doctor: an avertable potentially threatening situation must be excluded]H Sandholzer
MMW Fortschr Med 148:30, 32-4, 36-7. 2006....
- [Red, yellow, green: management of gastrointestinal complaints]H Sandholzer
MMW Fortschr Med 148:38-41. 2006..In the absence of all the above, the light shows green for causal therapy, an open mind on the diagnosis, symptomatic treatment and follow-up...
- [STEP--standardized assessment of elderly people in primary care]H Sandholzer
Selbständige Abteilung für Allgemeinmedizin, Universitatsfrauenklinik, Leipzig
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:S183-226. 2004..There is a need for a standard preventive assessment scheme, which is effective, feasible and acceptable throughout European primary care...
- [Problems with old skin]C Mügge
MMW Fortschr Med 150:27-9. 2008
- [Recognition and management of panic disorder in primary care]H Sandholzer
Selbst Abteilung für Allgemeinmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Leipzig, Leipzig
MMW Fortschr Med 150:31-4. 2008
- [Presentation, Diagnosis and Management of fatigue in general practice]H Sandholzer
Selbst Abteilung für Allgemeinmedizin, Universitat Leipzig
MMW Fortschr Med 150:27-30. 2008
- [Respiratory symptoms in the general practice. An analysis of the Leipzig SESAM Study]H Sandholzer
Universitat Leipzig, Selbständigen AbteilungAllgemeinmedizin Leipzig
MMW Fortschr Med 149:125-7. 2008..Pneumonia must always be considered, while severe pulmonary diseases are of no significance in the differential diagnosis of respiratory complaints in the general practice...
- [Patient care in nursing homes by the family physician]U Rendenbach
MMW Fortschr Med 149:31-3, 35. 2007....
- Diagnosis of dementia in primary care: results of a representative survey in lower Saxony, GermanyG Stoppe
Department of Psychiatry, , Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 244:278-83. 1994..In conclusion, memory deficits seem to be regarded mainly as consequences of disturbed cerebral perfusion, and dementia as well as depression and drug adverse effects seem to be under-diagnosed in primary care...
- [Sports and leisure injuries in summer]A Klement
Facharzt für Aligemeinmedizin und Chirurgie, Sportmedizin, Rettungsmedizin, Universitat Leipzig
MMW Fortschr Med 147:26-9. 2005..The incidence of dog bites also increases in summer. In such cases consideration must be given not only to tetanus boosters, but also to the possibility of an infection with rabies...
- [Not underestimating hypothermia]A Klement
MMW Fortschr Med 147:14, 16. 2005
- [Insect stings and their sequelae]R Voigt
Abt Allgemeinmed, Universitat Leipzig
MMW Fortschr Med 147:38, 40-1. 2005..The family doctor should regularly review the facilities for treating an anaphylactic reaction in his office, and, where necessary, optimize them...
- Epidemiology of diabetes mellitus in German general practitioners' consultation--results of the SESAM 2-studyT Frese
Department of Primary Care, Leipzig Medical School, Leipzig, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 116:326-8. 2008..These data are of importance in illustrating the epidemiology of diabetes in the population and the direct repercussions for GPs. They also point out the significance of diabetes as a major challenge to the German health care system...
- [Basic pain management care by the family physician]H Sandholzer
Facharzt für Anästhesiologie, Innere Medizin und Allgemeinmedizin, Rettungsmedizin, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster
MMW Fortschr Med 149:32-5. 2007..In some cases, side effects necessitate the use of comedication, such as for nausea, constipation or depression. Particularly complex pain treatments should still be treated by the specialist...