Affiliation: University of Essen
- Pharmacokinetics (PK) of a liposomal encapsulated fraction containing doxorubicin and of doxorubicin released from the liposomal capsule after intravenous infusion of Caelyx/DoxilR A Hilger
Department of Internal Medicine Cancer Research, University of Essen Medical School, West German Cancer Center, Essen, Germany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 43:588-9. 2005
- Recombinant human erythropoietin in the treatment of chemotherapy-induced anemia and prevention of transfusion requirement associated with solid tumors: a randomized, controlled studyC Oberhoff
Center for Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital, Essen, Germany
Ann Oncol 9:255-60. 1998..Recombinant human erythropoietin (rhEPO) provides a new treatment modality for chemotherapy-induced anemia...
- Adjuvant antiestrogen treatment with tamoxifen in postmenopausal women with breast cancer: a longitudinal study of blood coagulation and fibrinolysisC Oberhoff
Center of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Essen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 50:73-81. 1998..Therefore our results are likely to reflect only the resolution of postoperative activation and do not translate into a drug related thrombogenic effect...
- Topotecan chemotherapy in patients with breast cancer and brain metastases: results of a pilot studyC Oberhoff
Abteilung für Gynäkologie, Zentrum fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Onkologie 24:256-60. 2001..To evaluate the role of topotecan as a primary chemotherapy for brain metastases, we performed a pilot study in patients with metastatic breast cancer...
- Hemostatic effects of high-dose megestrol acetate therapy in patients with advanced gynecological cancerC Oberhoff
University Hospital Essen, Center of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Department of Gynecological Oncology, Hufelandstr. 55, D-45122 Essen, Germany
Gynecol Endocrinol 15:341-8. 2001..The observed incidence of thrombosis might be the consequence of other risk factors such as tumor-induced hypercoagulability, simultaneous chemotherapy or other individual thrombosis risk factors...
- Investigation of bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of treosulfan capsules in patients with relapsed ovarian cancerR A Hilger
Innere Klinik und Poliklinik Tumorforschung, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Westdeutsches Tumorzentrum, Germany
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 45:483-8. 2000..v.) treosulfan of 1.5 or 2.0 g daily for 5 to 8 days...
- High-dose chemotherapy with peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for patients with advanced ovarian cancerP Bojko
University of Essen, Department of Internal Medicine, West German Cancer Center, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 127:243-50. 2001..We report the results of high-dose chemotherapy (HDC) with peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in twenty-one patients with primarily advanced or relapsed ovarian cancer...
- Phase I/II study of capecitabine and vinorelbine in pretreated patients with metastatic breast cancerA Welt
Department of Internal Medicine Cancer Research, West German Cancer Center, University of Duisburg Essen Medical School, Essen, Germany
Ann Oncol 16:64-9. 2005..In addition, we aimed to obtain data on efficacy and safety at the recommended dose...
- Evaluation of the prognostic significance of disseminated tumor cells in the bone marrow of primary, non-metastatic breast cancer patients after a 7-year follow-upO Hoffmann
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122, Essen, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 292:1117-25. 2015..Here, we demonstrate no prognostic impact of DTCs and explain these findings by early bisphosphonate intake...
- [Pros and cons of early cancer detection in breast carcinoma]R Callies
Klinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Universitatsklinikum Essen
MMW Fortschr Med 147:30-2. 2005..Whether this actually succeeds depends upon the quality of the early detection strategies employed. Currently the data on reduction of mortality by mammographic screening remain ambivalent...
- A summary of two clinical studies on tumor cell dissemination in primary and metastatic breast cancer: methods, prognostic significance and implication for alternative treatment protocols (Review)S Kasimir-Bauer
Department of Internal Medicine Cancer Research, West German Cancer Center, Essen
Int J Oncol 20:1027-34. 2002..Immunotherapeutic target antigens on the cell surface of these cells support the idea that a combined chemoimmunotherapy might be successful in eliminating minimal residual disease...
- Is first-line single-agent mitoxantrone in the treatment of high-risk metastatic breast cancer patients as effective as combination chemotherapy? No difference in survival but higher quality of life were found in a multicenter randomized trialE Heidemann
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Deaconess Hospital, Oncological Center of Stuttgart, Germany
Ann Oncol 13:1717-29. 2002..To determine whether patients with high-risk metastatic breast cancer draw benefit from combination chemotherapy as first-line treatment...
- Epoetin beta (NeoRecormon) therapy in patients with solid tumours receiving platinum and non-platinum chemotherapy: a meta-analysisM Boogaerts
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Anticancer Res 26:479-84. 2006..Anaemia is a common complication of chemotherapy (CT), including both non-platinum (Pt)-based as well as Pt-based CT...