Affiliation: University Hospital
- Cutaneous metastases from internal malignanciesDorothee Nashan
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Dermatol Ther 23:567-80. 2010..This paper endeavors to critically review the state of the art concerning the clinic, prognosis, and therapeutic concepts...
- Pain: basics and relevance in dermatologyDorothee Nashan
Department of Dermatology, University of Freiburg, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 7:704-17. 2009..Tables are provided to simplify use in daily practice. The goal of this overview is a conceptual development of pain diagnosis and therapy in dermatology...
- Cutaneous metastases of visceral tumours: a reviewDorothee Nashan
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center Freiburg, Hauptstr 7, 79104, Freiburg, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:1-14. 2009..The clinical appearance and patterns of distribution of cutaneous metastases, the characterisation of clinical outcomes and available therapeutic options are compiled...
- Systemic therapy of disseminated malignant melanoma: an evidence-based overview of the state-of-the-art in daily routineD Nashan
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 21:1305-18. 2007..A critical, evidence-based analysis of standard approaches based on an extended search of published literature and from different Internet sources is presented...
- [Skin tumors in organ-transplant recipients]D Nashan
Universitäts Hautklinik, Hauptstrasse 7, 70104, Freiburg, Germany
Hautarzt 58:48-50, 52-3. 2007..In addition standardized registries are needed to assure the comparability of data, to better correlate immunosuppression with skin tumors and to plan therapeutic studies...
- Quality of life in melanoma patients during adjuvant treatment with pegylated interferon-α2b: patients' and doctors' viewsCarmen Loquai
Department of Dermatology, University of Mainz, Germany
Eur J Dermatol 21:976-84. 2011..05). PEG-IFN-α2b has measurable effects on QOL. Measuring QOL based only on physicians' patient files without explicitly determining patients' assessments leads to a profound underestimation of impairment of QOL...
- Self-efficacy for coping with cancer in melanoma patients: its association with physical fatigue and depressionKaroline Albrecht
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Freiburg Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Psychooncology 22:1972-8. 2013..literature shows that psychological distress in melanoma patients is generally moderate, that they experience high quality of life, and that symptoms of depression and fatigue have been mostly associated with adjuvant IFN-α treatment..
- Safety of pegylated interferon-alpha-2a in adjuvant therapy of intermediate and high-risk melanomasCarmen Loquai
Department of Dermatology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Eur J Dermatol 18:29-35. 2008..Due to its pharmacokinetic properties, pegylated IFN-alpha has, as in the treatment of hepatitis C, potential for increased efficacy in adjuvant therapy of melanoma...
- Risk of interactions between complementary and alternative medicine and medication for comorbidities in patients with melanomaCarmen Loquai
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center Mainz, Langenbeckstrase 1, 55131, Mainz, Germany
Med Oncol 33:52. 2016..6%). With a high rate of CAM usage at risk of interactions between CAM drugs and drugs taken for comorbidities, implementation of a regular assessment of CAM usage and drugs for comorbidities is mandatory in cancer care...
- Malignant melanoma S3-guideline "diagnosis, therapy and follow-up of melanoma"Annette Pflugfelder
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Tubingen, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 11:1-116, 1-126. 2013..Regular follow-up examinations are recommended for a period of 10 years, with an intensified schedule for the first three years...
- Mycosis fungoides: a dermatological masqueraderD Nashan
Department of Dermatology, University of Freiburg, Hautstrasse 7, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Br J Dermatol 156:1-10. 2007....
- [An infant with pustules an both soles]F Meiss
Universitäts Hautklinik, Klinikum der Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg, Hauptstrasse 7, 79104 Freiburg i Br
Hautarzt 59:323-4. 2008
- Health-related quality of life, fatigue, and depression under low-dose IFN-α therapy in melanoma patientsKatrin Reuter
Departments of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy Dermatology, Medical Center, Hauptstrasse Department of Rehabilitation Psychology and Psychotherapy, Institute of Psychology, University of Freiburg, Engelbergerstrasse, Freiburg Institute of Exercise and Health Sciences, University of Basel, Birsstrasse, Basel Department of Dermatology, University Clinic Cologne, Kerpener Strasse, Cologne Department of Dermatology, Medical Center Dortmund, Beurhausstrasse, Dortmund, Germany
J Immunother 37:461-7. 2014..Patients under low-dose IFN-α therapy primarily suffer from physical side effects, mainly physical fatigue, in the early phases of treatment. The HRQOL improvement evident in the nontreatment group was not observed in the IFN-α group. ..
- Cutaneous lymphomas in Germany: an analysis of the Central Cutaneous Lymphoma Registry of the German Society of Dermatology (DDG)Chalid Assaf
Department of Dermatology, Allergy and Venereology, Skin Tumor Center Charité HTCC, Charite University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 5:662-8. 2007..The number of epidemiologic studies is small due to limited availability and limited comparability on population-based data...
- Shared decision making in dermato-oncology: preference for involvement of melanoma patientsKaroline J Albrecht
Clinics of aDermatology and Venereology bPsychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Center Freiburg cDepartment of Rehabilitation Psychology and Psychotherapy, Institute of Psychology, University of Freiburg, Freiburg dDepartment of Dermatology, Medical Center Dortmund, Dortmund, Germany
Melanoma Res 24:68-74. 2014..With the majority of melanoma patients preferring an active role in treatment decisions and improvable implementation of the SDM process steps in clinical practice, our findings support the relevance of SDM in dermato-oncology. ..
- [Band-like symmetric horizontal depression on both thighs]Frank Meiss
Universitäts Hautklinik, Klinikum der Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 5:1141-2. 2007
- Understanding and managing interferon-α-related fatigue in patients with melanomaDorothee Nashan
Department of Dermatology, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Melanoma Res 22:415-23. 2012..We recommend the use of the cross-culturally European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer quality-of-life questionnaire Fatigue Module FA13 for clinical trials as well as in day-to-day clinical trials...
- Signatures of microRNAs and selected microRNA target genes in human melanomaDemetra Philippidou
Life Sciences Research Unit, University of Luxembourg, Freiburg, Germany
Cancer Res 70:4163-73. 2010..Our findings define miRNAs and miRNA target genes that offer candidate biomarkers in human melanoma...
- A first prospective population-based analysis investigating the actual practice of melanoma diagnosis, treatment and follow-upElisabeth Livingstone
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Eur J Cancer 47:1977-89. 2011..To describe the current management of patients diagnosed with cutaneous melanoma and melanoma in situ in Germany and assess for adherence with the existing German guideline in a first prospective population-based analysis...
- Diagnostic and neural analysis of skin cancer (DANAOS). A multicentre study for collection and computer-aided analysis of data from pigmented skin lesions using digital dermoscopyK Hoffmann
Department of Dermatology, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, D 44791 Bochum, Germany
Br J Dermatol 149:801-9. 2003..A prototype for the computer-aided diagnosis of PSLs using artificial neural networks (NNs) has recently been developed: diagnostic and neural analysis of skin cancer (DANAOS)...
- Therapeutic strategies for actinic keratoses--a systematic reviewDorothee Nashan
Department of Dermatology, Klinikum Dortmund gGmbH, Beurhausstr 40, 44137 Dortmund, Germany
Eur J Dermatol 23:14-32. 2013..Divergent and treatment-specific proceedings, response rates after definite time intervals aiding physicians' further guidance and their management of patients are elucidated. Uncommon and new therapeutic options are discussed...
- Dermatomyositis associated with malignant melanoma--a marker of poor prognosis?Meinhard Schiller
Department of Dermatology, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:221-6. 2006..Dermatomyositis (DM) is an inflammatory connective tissue disorder well recognized as a paraneoplastic syndrome in adults...
- Triterpenes promote keratinocyte differentiation in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo: a role for the transient receptor potential canonical (subtype) 6Ute Woelfle
Department of Dermatology, Competence Center skintegral, University Medical Center Freiburg, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 130:113-23. 2010..Our data indicate that TE promotes keratinocyte differentiation in vitro and in vivo. This effect seems to be mediated at least in part by TRPC6...
- Diffuse melanosis arising from metastatic melanoma: pathogenetic function of elevated melanocyte peptide growth factorsM Bohm
Department of Dermatology, and the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Cell Biology and Immunobiology of the Skin, University of Munster, Germany
J Am Acad Dermatol 44:747-54. 2001....
- Adjuvant treatment with vindesine in comparison to observation alone in patients with metastasized melanoma after complete metastasectomy: a randomized multicenter trial of the German Dermatologic Cooperative Oncology GroupThomas K Eigentler
Department of Dermatology, Skin Cancer Program, Eberhard Karls University, Tuebingen, Germany
Melanoma Res 18:353-8. 2008..Thus, this randomized trial did not confirm earlier reports of beneficial effects of adjuvant vindesine and can therefore not be recommended...
- Confetti-like lesions with hyperkeratosis: a novel ultraviolet-induced hypomelanotic disorder?C Loquai
Department of Dermatology, University of Munster, Von Esmarch Str 58, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Br J Dermatol 153:190-3. 2005..We suggest that the skin lesions observed in our patient represent an unusual response to ultraviolet damage to melanocytes followed by reactive epidermal hyperkeratosis...
- Merkel cell polyomavirus sequences are frequently detected in nonmelanoma skin cancer of immunosuppressed patientsAhmad Kassem
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Int J Cancer 125:356-61. 2009..How MCPyV contributes to the pathogenesis of NMSC, i.e., BD, SCC and BCC, in immunosuppressed patients and in addition, potentially to the pathogenesis of a subset of sporadic BCC needs further investigations...
- Bexarotene--an alternative therapy for progressive cutaneous T-cell lymphoma? First experiencesJ Bohmeyer
Department of Dermatology, Medical Centre Minden
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 1:785-9. 2003..In order to evaluate the efficacy of bexarotene in cutaneous T-cell lymphomas, a pilot trial was initiated...
- Dacarbazine and interferon alpha with or without interleukin 2 in metastatic melanoma: a randomized phase III multicentre trial of the Dermatologic Cooperative Oncology Group (DeCOG)A Hauschild
Department of Dermatology, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel
Br J Cancer 84:1036-42. 2001..Further phase III trials with continuous infusion and higher dosages must be performed before any final conclusions can be drawn on the potential usefulness of IL-2 in biochemotherapy of advanced melanoma...
- [Cytokines: current status and prospects in the treatment of skin tumors]D Nashan
Hautarzt 52:691-6. 2001..In dermatological oncology cytokine treatment focuses on melanome an T cell lymphome. Cytokine application is mainly an integral part of multimodal regimens...
- [Persistent inflammatory reaction at the injection site of Il-2 with lymphoma-like inflammatory infiltrates]K Assmann
Universitäts Hautklinik Münster, Germany
Hautarzt 53:554-7. 2002..Histologic examination revealed a lobular panniculitis expressing atypical lymphocytes and multinucleated histiocytes...
- [Imiquimod, pegylated interferon-alpha-2b and interleukin-2 in the treatment of cutaneous melanoma metastases]C Loquai
Klinik und Poliklinik für Hautkrankheiten, Universitatsklinikum Munster
Hautarzt 55:176-81. 2004..Histologically, both fibrosis and inflammation were found in the regressing lesions. After the end of therapy, no disease progression occurred during 11 months follow-up...
- [Malignomas following heart transplantation]A Hoffmeier
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Thorax, Herz und Gefässchirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, 48149 Munster, Germany
Z Kardiol 91:1013-23. 2002..Our study shows that the risk to develop tumors is at least doubled after heart transplantation. Due to the high incidence of skin tumors, transplant patients should undergo dermatological examinations on a regular basis...
- Malignant melanoma and (18)F-FDG-PET: Should the whole body scan include the legs?M Loffler
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Munster University, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, 48129 Munster, Germany
Nuklearmedizin 42:167-72. 2003..We intended to disclose the diagnostic benefit of scanning the legs and to evaluate the therapeutic benefit resulting...
- Idiopathic eruptive macular pigmentation in a 7-year-old girl: case report and discussion of differences from erythema dyschromicum perstansA Volz
Br J Dermatol 157:839-40. 2007
- Localized sclerosis of the scalp (alopecia porphyrinica) as predominant presentation of porphyria cutanea tardaS I L Volksbeck
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 21:1125-7. 2007
- Early increase in serum levels of the angiogenesis-inhibitor endostatin and of basic fibroblast growth factor in melanoma patients during disease progressionP Kurschat
Department of Dermatology and Center for Molecular Medicine CMMC, University of Cologne, Josef Stelzmann Str 9, 50924 Cologne, Germany
Br J Dermatol 156:653-8. 2007..Therefore, these factors have been suggested as diagnostic and in some studies as prognostic tumour markers...
- Prolonged untreated and treated course of a malignant melanomaD Nashan
Dermatology 212:93-5. 2006
- A novel dinucleotide mutation in keratin 10 in the annular epidermolytic ichthyosis variant of bullous congenital ichthyosiform erythrodermaG Y Joh
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, U S A
J Invest Dermatol 108:357-61. 1997..We conclude that annular epidermolytic ichthyosis should be considered a variant of bullous congenital ichthyosiform erythroderma...