Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Different culture media affect growth characteristics, surface marker distribution and chondrogenic differentiation of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cellsSebastien Hagmann
Department of Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery and Spinal Cord Injury, University Hospital Heidelberg, Germany Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200a, 69118 Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:223. 2013..Because MSCs are heterogeneous regarding their regenerative potential and their surface markers, these parameters were compared in four widely used culture media compositions...
- First-generation autologous chondrocyte implantation in patients with cartilage defects of the knee: 7 to 14 years' clinical and magnetic resonance imaging follow-up evaluationBabak Moradi
Department of Orthopaedics, Trauma Surgery and Paraplegiology, University Clinic of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Arthroscopy 28:1851-61. 2012..Furthermore, we aimed to assess the impact of independent variables on clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction...
- Efficacy of multidisciplinary treatment for patients with chronic low back pain: a prospective clinical study in 395 patientsBabak Moradi
University Clinic of Heidelberg, Department of Orthopaedics, Trauma Surgery and Paraplegiology, Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200a, Heidelberg, Germany
J Clin Rheumatol 18:76-82. 2012..The effectiveness of multidisciplinary treatment programs varies throughout the literature, and it remains controversial how therapy outcome is affected by patients' individual parameters and which treatment settings work best...
- The impact of pathological fractures on therapy outcome in patients with primary malignant bone tumoursBabak Moradi
Orthopaedic Clinic, University of Heidelberg, Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200a, Heidelberg, Germany
Int Orthop 34:1017-23. 2010..Reconstructive surgery did not influence the survival rate, showing that limb salvage therapy is safe when adequate resection margins are achieved...
- The impact of pain spread on the outcome of multidisciplinary therapy in patients with chronic musculoskeletal pain - a prospective clinical study in 389 patientsBabak Moradi
Orthopaedic Clinic, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Pain 14:799-805. 2010..Within this context, the impact of pain spread on therapy outcome is still unknown...
- Autologous chondrocyte implantation using the original periosteum-cover technique versus matrix-associated autologous chondrocyte implantation: a randomized clinical trialFelix Zeifang
Orthopädische Universitätsklinik Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Sports Med 38:924-33. 2010..Autologous chondrocyte implantation (ACI) is frequently used to treat symptomatic defects of the articular cartilage...
- Mid- and long-term clinical results of surgical therapy in unicameral bone cystsSebastien Hagmann
Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200a, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:281. 2011..Numerous surgical procedures have been proposed, but there is no general consensus of the ideal treatment. The aim of this investigation therefore was to study the long-term outcome after surgical treatment in UBC...
- The value of physical performance tests for predicting therapy outcome in patients with subacute low back pain: a prospective cohort studyBabak Moradi
Orthopaedic Clinic, University Heidelberg, 69117, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur Spine J 18:1041-9. 2009..Consequently the physical performance tests do not have a prognostic value regarding therapy outcome...
- Mesenchymal Stromal Cells from Osteoarthritic Synovium Are a Distinct Population Compared to Their Bone-Marrow Counterparts regarding Surface Marker Distribution and Immunomodulation of Allogeneic CD4+ T-Cell CulturesSebastien Hagmann
Clinic for Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery, Center for Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery and Spinal Cords Injury, Heidelberg University Hospital, Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200a, 69118 Heidelberg, Germany
Stem Cells Int 2016:6579463. 2016..Their unique ability to suppress CD3/CD28 induced CD4+ T-cell proliferation makes them a potential target for future therapeutic approaches. ..
- Gait analysis does not correlate with clinical and MR imaging parameters in patients with symptomatic lumbar spinal stenosisFelix Zeifang
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Clinic Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:89. 2008..Despite the importance of MR imaging, little is known about the correlation between MRI parameters, objective gait analysis, and clinical presentation of patients with lumbar spinal stenosis...
- Fluorescence activated enrichment of CD146+ cells during expansion of human bone-marrow derived mesenchymal stromal cells augments proliferation and GAG/DNA content in chondrogenic mediaSebastien Hagmann
Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, University Hospital Heidelberg, Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200a, 69118 Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 15:322. 2014....
- Wear in total knee arthroplasty--just a question of polyethylene?: Metal ion release in total knee arthroplastyJan Philippe Kretzer
Laboratory of Biomechanics and Implant Research, Department of Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery, Heidelberg University Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
Int Orthop 38:335-40. 2014..The aim of this study was to determine the local release of cobalt, chromium, molybdenum and titanium in total knee arthroplasty during a standard knee wear test...
- Awareness of the German population of common available guidelines of how to cope with lower back painAndreas Werber
University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Pain Physician 17:217-26. 2014..A serious lack of research exists concerning the risk factor "dysfunctional behavior of the subjects in terms of acute lower back pain."..
- Wear analysis of unicondylar mobile bearing and fixed bearing knee systems: a knee simulator studyJ Philippe Kretzer
Laboratory of Biomechanics and Implant Research, Department of Orthopedics, Traumatology and Paraplegiology, Heidelberg University Hospital, Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200a, 69118 Heidelberg, Germany
Acta Biomater 7:710-5. 2011..Advantages of unicondylar mobile designs compared with fixed bearing designs, which have been proposed in terms of wear behavior and improved kinematics, could not be confirmed...