Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Pharmacologic cholinesterase inhibition improves survival in acetaminophen-induced acute liver failure in the mouseNiels Steinebrunner
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Intoxications and Infectious Diseases, Heidelberg University Hospital, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 14:148. 2014..This study investigates, whether pharmacologic acetylcholinesterase inhibition with neostigmine diminishes liver damage in acute liver failure via the cholinergic anti-inflammatory pathway...
- Low expression of aldehyde dehydrogenase 1A1 (ALDH1A1) is a prognostic marker for poor survival in pancreatic cancerChristoph Kahlert
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Cancer 11:275. 2011..Recently, ALDH1A1 has been described as a prognostic marker in a pancreatic cancer tissue microarray. The aim of this study was to reevaluate the expression of ALDH1A1 as a prognostic marker on whole-mount tissue sections...
- A primary malignant ependymoma of the abdominal cavity: a case report and review of the literatureCarolin Mogler
Department of General Pathology, University Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
Virchows Arch 454:475-8. 2009..In conclusion, primary extraneural ependymomas have to be included into the differential diagnosis of abdominal tumors with pseudorosette-formation, even in unusual sites, and GFAP-immunohistochemistry (IHC) supports the diagnosis...
- Heparanase expression in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas is associated with reduced proliferation and improved survivalCarolin Mogler
Institute of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Histopathology 58:944-52. 2011..The present analysis, has studied the role of heparanase in tumour growth and clinical outcome in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC)...
- Role of NR1I2 (pregnane X receptor) polymorphisms in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaTasmin Reuter
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacoepidemiology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 388:1141-50. 2015..Certain NR1I2 SNPs showed an impact on PXR protein expression in HNSCC but did not influence overall survival times, questioning their value as prognostic biomarkers. ..
- Association of drug transporter expression with mortality and progression-free survival in stage IV head and neck squamous cell carcinomaRolf Warta
Experimental Neurosurgery Research, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany Molecular Cell Biology Group, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e108908. 2014..Prospectively, combined analysis of the 'transportome' should rather be performed as it likely unravels meaningful data on the impact of drug transporters on survival of patients with HNSCC...
- Expression analysis of aldehyde dehydrogenase 1A1 (ALDH1A1) in colon and rectal cancer in association with prognosis and response to chemotherapyChristoph Kahlert
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Ann Surg Oncol 19:4193-201. 2012..We have investigated the prognostic role of ALDH1A1 in primary colorectal cancer and its value in predicting response to chemotherapy in metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Heparanase expression at the invasion front of human head and neck cancers and correlation with poor prognosisPhilipp Beckhove
Tumor Immunology Program, German Cancer Research Center, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 11:2899-906. 2005..We analyzed the presence of heparanase in HNSCC tissues and tumor cells and its potential prognostic significance...
- Overexpression of ZEB2 at the invasion front of colorectal cancer is an independent prognostic marker and regulates tumor invasion in vitroChristoph Kahlert
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Institute of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, and German Cancer Research Center, Division of Biostatistics, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 17:7654-63. 2011..The aim of this study was to explore the expression of EMT-associated genes at the invasive front in colorectal cancer and to evaluate their prognostic significance...
- Reduced promoter methylation and increased expression of CSPG4 negatively influences survival of HNSCC patientsRolf Warta
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany Division of Experimental Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 135:2727-34. 2014..In conclusion, we identified CSPG4 as a novel biomarker in HNSCC on several biological levels and established a causative link between DNA methylation and CSPG4 protein and mRNA expression...
- Aberrant self-renewal and quiescence contribute to the aggressiveness of glioblastomaBenito Campos
Experimental Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Heidelberg, INF 400, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
J Pathol 234:23-33. 2014..Our results suggest that two different subpopulations of tumour cells contribute to aberrant growth and tumour recurrence after therapy in glioblastoma...
- Association of stem cell-related markers and survival in astrocytic gliomasFeng Wan
Division of Neurosurgical Research, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Heidelberg, INF 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Biomarkers 16:136-43. 2011..Our findings suggest that immature glioma cells are involved in tumour growth and tumour progression and significantly impact on patient prognosis...
- Elevated expression of c-kit in small venous malformations of blue rubber bleb nevus syndromeCarolin Mogler
Institute of Pathology, Heidelberg, Germany
Rare Tumors 2:e36. 2010..We therefore conclude that pharmacological inhibition of the c-kit signaling pathway in cavernous hemangiomas by selective kinase inhibitors may offer options in the treatment of BRBNS patients...
- Annexin A2 as a differential diagnostic marker of hepatocellular tumorsThomas Longerich
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 207:8-14. 2011..In conclusion, we suggest that adding ANXA2 to the established diagnostic marker panel increases the reliability and objectivity of HCC diagnosis in liver biopsies...
- Hepatobiliary malignancies in Wilson diseaseJan Pfeiffenberger
Department of Internal Medicine IV, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany Liver Cancer Center Heidelberg, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Liver Int 35:1615-22. 2015..The aim of this study was to evaluate hepatobiliary malignancies in Wilson disease patients concerning the clinical course of tumour disease and pathological analysis of tumour tissue...
- Outcome and development of symptoms after orthotopic liver transplantation for Wilson diseaseKarl Heinz Weiss
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Transplant 27:914-22. 2013..Liver transplantation is an effective treatment for fulminant cases for patients with chronic liver disease. Reports on the outcome of neuropsychiatric symptoms after orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT) are limited...