Affiliation: University of Rostock
- Analysis of volatile disease markers in bloodW Miekisch
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital of Rostock, Schillingallee 35, 18057 Rostock, Germany
Clin Chem 47:1053-60. 2001..To overcome this problem, we developed a method to assess trace amounts of hydrocarbons (pentane and isoprene), ketones (acetone), halogenated compounds (isoflurane), and thioethers (dimethyl sulfide) in the blood of humans and animals...
- Assessment of propofol concentrations in human breath and blood by means of HS-SPME-GC-MSWolfram Miekisch
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, University of Rostock, Schillingallee 35, 18057 Rostock Germany
Clin Chim Acta 395:32-7. 2008....
- Diagnostic potential of breath analysis--focus on volatile organic compoundsWolfram Miekisch
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Clin Chim Acta 347:25-39. 2004..Analytical procedures, issues concerning biochemistry and exhalation mechanisms of volatile substances, and future developments will be discussed...
- Impact of inspired substance concentrations on the results of breath analysis in mechanically ventilated patientsJ K Schubert
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Biomarkers 10:138-52. 2005..Hence, substances having inspired concentrations>5% of expired concentrations should not be used as breath markers in these patients without knowledge of concentrations in blood and breath...
- Electrochemical sensor system for breath analysis of aldehydes, CO and NOJ Obermeier
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Medical Center Rostock, Schillingallee 70, 18057 Rostock, Germany
J Breath Res 9:016008. 2015..POC applicability, easy handling and low cost of sensors facilitate measurements in large patient cohorts...
- Breath analysis in critically ill patients: potential and limitationsJochen K Schubert
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Rostock, Schillingallee 35, 18057 Rostock, Germany
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 4:619-29. 2004..Analytical procedures, problems concerning the physiologic meaning of breath markers and future developments will be discussed...
- A novel visually CO2 controlled alveolar breath sampling techniqueThomas Birken
University of Rostock, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Rostock, Germany
Technol Health Care 14:499-506. 2006..Monitoring of expired CO2 can be used to identify alveolar gas. The purpose of this study was to evaluate a bed side version of this technique using visual CO2 control by means of a capnometer...
- Determination of antibiotic drug concentrations in circulating human blood by means of solid phase micro-extractionJochen K Schubert
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, University of Rostock, 18057 Rostock, Germany
Clin Chim Acta 386:57-62. 2007..This study was intended to extend this technique to a clinically relevant antibiotic drug under close to physiological conditions in human blood...
- Breath markers and soluble lipid peroxidation markers in critically ill patientsJoachim Scholpp
Department of Anaesthesia, University Hospital of Freiburg, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 40:587-94. 2002..More detailed insights into inflammatory processes can be obtained when the volatile markers and the serum markers are considered together...
- The extent of induction of CYP3A by St. John's wort varies among products and is linked to hyperforin doseSilke C Mueller
Center of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Rostock, Schillingallee 70, 18057, Rostock, Germany
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 62:29-36. 2006..Since SJW products vary in the amount of HYF and other main constituents, the aim of the study was to evaluate the effect on CYP3A function of SJW preparations with a range from very low to high HYF content...
- Lipid peroxidation early after brain injuryJoachim Scholpp
Department of Anesthesia, University Hospital of Freiburg, Freiburg i Brsg, Germany
J Neurotrauma 21:667-77. 2004..n-Pentane seems to be a valuable marker to detect lipid peroxidation early after brain trauma. Malondialdehyde may be of value only later in the course of the disease. TBARS are not a specific marker and should therefore not be used...
- Intercomparison of infrared cavity leak-out spectroscopy and gas chromatography-flame ionization for trace analysis of ethaneSven Thelen
Institut fur Lasermedizin, Universitat Dusseldorf, Universitatstrasse 1, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Anal Chem 80:2768-73. 2008..This opens new analytical possibilities, e.g., for real-time monitoring of ethane traces in exhaled human breath...
- Breath isoprene--aspects of normal physiology related to age, gender and cholesterol profile as determined in a proton transfer reaction mass spectrometry studyIevgeniia Kushch
Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Clin Chem Lab Med 46:1011-8. 2008..Our cohort consisted of 205 adult volunteers of different smoking background without health complaints. Total cholesterol in blood serum was measured in 79 of these volunteers...