Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Munich
- Indocyanine green clearance after cardiac surgery: the impact of cardiopulmonary bypassP Möhnle
Department of Anesthesiology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Perfusion 27:292-9. 2012..In patients without pre-existing hepatic diseases, a significant influence of cardiopulmonary bypass on perioperative indocyanine green plasma clearance as well as on liver specific laboratory parameters and scores cannot be proven...
- Survival after cardiac arrest and changing task profile of the cardiac arrest team in a tertiary care centerPatrick Möhnle
Klinik für Anaesthesiologie der Universität München, Marchioninistrase 15, 81377 Munchen, Germany
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:294512. 2012..Aiming to optimize in-hospital emergency response, we performed an analysis of survival after in-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation and the task profile of our cardiac arrest team...
- [Corticosteroid administration for acute respiratory distress syndrome : therapeutic option?]P Möhnle
Klinik fur Anaesthesiologie, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Deutschland
Anaesthesist 61:344-53. 2012..The total daily dose at the beginning of treatment should not exceed 2 mg/kg body weight (BW) methylprednisolone...
- Postoperative red blood cell transfusion and morbid outcome in uncomplicated cardiac surgery patientsPatrick Möhnle
Department of Anesthesiology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Marchinoninistr 15, 81377 Munchen, Germany
Intensive Care Med 37:97-109. 2011..To evaluate postoperative red blood cell (RBC) transfusion and its association with postoperative cardiac events and multiorgan morbidity in uncomplicated cardiac surgery patients...
- The ongoing variability in blood transfusion practices in cardiac surgeryStephanie A Snyder-Ramos
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Transfusion 48:1284-99. 2008..Therefore, the objective of this evaluation was to compare the perioperative transfusion of blood components in cardiac surgery in multiple centers in different countries...
- Corticosteroid resistance in sepsis is influenced by microRNA-124--induced downregulation of glucocorticoid receptor-αCarola Ledderose
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Munich, Germany
Crit Care Med 40:2745-53. 2012..We hypothesized that 1) changes of the ratio of glucocorticoid receptor isoforms impact glucocorticoid resistance and 2) glucocorticoid receptor-α expression is controlled by microRNA-mediated gene silencing...
- MicroRNA-146a controls Th1-cell differentiation of human CD4+ T lymphocytes by targeting PRKCεPatrick Möhnle
Research Group Molecular Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Munich LMU, Munich, Germany
Eur J Immunol 45:260-72. 2015..Collectively, our results identify miR-146a as a potent inhibitor of Th1-cell differentiation in human T cells and suggest that dysregulation of miR-146a contributes to the pathogenesis of sepsis. ..
- Indocyanine green clearance as an outcome prediction tool in cardiac surgery: a prospective studyFlorian Weis
Department of Anesthesiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Crit Care 29:224-9. 2014..To evaluate the role of plasma disappearance rate of indocyanine green (PDR-ICG) as an outcome prediction tool in cardiac surgery...
- Down-regulation of MicroRNA-31 in CD4+ T Cells Contributes to Immunosuppression in Human Sepsis by Promoting TH2 SkewingVerena van der Heide
From the Department of Anesthesiology, University of Munich Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Anesthesiology 124:908-22. 2016..Currently, there is much interest in identifying central hubs controlling septic immunoparalysis. In this context, in this study, the authors investigate the role of microRNA-31 (miR-31) as a regulator of T cell functions...
- MicroRNA-665 is involved in the regulation of the expression of the cardioprotective cannabinoid receptor CB2 in patients with severe heart failurePatrick Möhnle
Research Group Molecular Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Munich LMU, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 451:516-21. 2014..These results suggest that in CHF, altered expression of specific miRNAs may contribute to a compensatory response of the diseased myocardium. ..
- Adenosine A2A receptor upregulation in human PMNs is controlled by miRNA-214, miRNA-15, and miRNA-16Jens Heyn
Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Shock 37:156-63. 2012..Determination of miRNA expression levels may help to identify patients with an increased risk for severe inflammation...
- Multicenter comparison of cortisol as measured by different methods in samples of patients with septic shockJosef Briegel
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Klinikum der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München, 81366 Munich, Germany
Intensive Care Med 35:2151-6. 2009..To compare inter-laboratory and inter-assay measurements of total cortisol in patients with septic shock and to evaluate current recommendations for diagnosis of corticosteroid insufficiency in septic shock...
- Free serum cortisol: quantification applying equilibrium dialysis or ultrafiltration and an automated immunoassay systemMichael Vogeser
Institute of Clinical Chemistry, Hospital of the University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:521-5. 2007..The aim of our study was to investigate the analytical performance of free serum cortisol measurement employing equilibrium dialysis and ultrafiltration...
- Perturbations in laboratory values after coronary artery bypass graft surgery with cardiopulmonary bypassPatrick Möhnle
Clinic for Anesthesiology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munchen, Germany
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 19:19-25. 2005..The purpose of this study was to describe the sequential changes in commonly obtained laboratory values after coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) with cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)...
- Disrupted TH17/Treg balance in patients with chronic low back painBenjamin Luchting
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e104883. 2014..These findings suggest an involvement of TH17/Treg cells in the pathogenesis of CLBP and emphasize the importance of these cells in the crosstalk of pain and immune response...
- Alternative polyadenylation allows differential negative feedback of human miRNA miR-579 on its host gene ZFRLudwig Christian Hinske
Research Group Molecular Medicine, Department of Anaesthesiology, Clinic of the University of Munich, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0121507. 2015..CPSF2, a gene previously associated with alternative polyadenylation signal recognition, might be linked to intronic miRNA negative feedback by altering polyadenylation signal utilization. ..
- Noninvasive mechanical ventilation in patients with acute respiratory failure after cardiac surgeryErich Kilger
Department of Anesthesiology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Heart Surg Forum 13:E91-5. 2010..To evaluate the feasibility and outcomes of protocol-driven noninvasive mechanical ventilation in patients with acute respiratory failure (ARF) after cardiac surgery...
- An uncommon cause of myocardial ischemia after coronary artery bypass grafting: "the dangerous drainage"Andres Beiras-Fernandez
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Heart Surg Forum 14:E200-1. 2011..We describe a case of postoperative myocardial ischemia due to an uncommon and quickly reversible cause: mechanical compression of a vein graft by a 19F flexible silicone mediastinal drainage tube...
- MicroRNAs as potential therapeutic agents in the treatment of myocardial infarctionJens Heyn
Department of Anaesthesiology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Marchioninistrasse 15, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 9:733-40. 2011....