Affiliation: University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf
- Diagnostic Procedures to Detect Chlamydia trachomatis InfectionsThomas Meyer
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Virology and Hygiene, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf UKE, Hamburg 20246, Germany
Microorganisms 4:. 2016..Serology finds application in the diagnostic work-up of suspected chronic CT infection but is inappropriate to diagnose acute infections. ..
- Resiquimod, a topical drug for viral skin lesions and skin cancerThomas Meyer
University of Hamburg, Institute of Medical Microbiology, Virology and Hygiene, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 22:149-59. 2013..Resiquimod is an immune response modifier which stimulates cells through a toll-like receptors (TLR) 7 and 8 dependent pathway resulting in activation of immune responses that are effective against viral and tumor lesions...
- Clinical investigations of Toll-like receptor agonistsThomas Meyer
University of Hamburg, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Institute of Medical Microbiology, Virology and Hygiene, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 17:1051-65. 2008..Ligand binding to TLR results in activation of cellular signaling pathways that regulate expression of genes involved in inflammation and immunity...
- [Diagnosis and treatment of Chlamydia trachomatis infections]T Meyer
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Virologie und Hygiene, Universitätsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf UKE, Martinistr 52, 20246, Hamburg, Deutschland
Hautarzt 63:16-23. 2012..Alternatively erythromycin, ofloxacin and levofloxacin can be used. Persistent infections usually require treatment for longer periods or by using combinations of different antibiotics...
- Protein kinases as targets for anticancer agents: from inhibitors to useful drugsDoriano Fabbro
Department of Oncology, Novartis Pharma Inc, WKL 125 4 10, CH 4002, Basel, Switzerland
Pharmacol Ther 93:79-98. 2002..Phase I/II studies demonstrated that STI571 is well tolerated, and that it showed promising hematological and cytogenetic responses in CML and clinical responses in the c-Kit-driven gastrointestinal tumors...
- A randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled study to assess 5% imiquimod cream for the treatment of multiple actinic keratosesEggert Stockfleth
Department of Dermatology, University of Kiel, Germany
Arch Dermatol 138:1498-502. 2002..Several case studies published recently have indicated that 5% imiquimod cream, currently licensed for the treatment of genital warts, may be an effective treatment for AK...