Affiliation: University of Munich
- Genome-wide QTL mapping of nine body composition and bone mineral density traits in pigsSophie Rothammer
Chair of Animal Genetics and Husbandry, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Veterinarstrasse 13, Munich, 80539, Germany
Genet Sel Evol 46:68. 2014....
- The 80-kb DNA duplication on BTA1 is the only remaining candidate mutation for the polled phenotype of Friesian originSophie Rothammer
Animal Genetics and Husbandry, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Veterinärstraße 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
Genet Sel Evol 46:44. 2014....
- A heuristic two-dimensional presentation of microsatellite-based data applied to dogs and wolvesClaudia E Veit-Kensch
Institute for Animal Breeding, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, The Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Veterinaerstr 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
Genet Sel Evol 39:447-63. 2007..We expect that the inference of population structure in domesticated species with complex breeding histories can be strongly supported by the two-dimensional presentation based on the described heuristic method...
- A genome-wide scan for signatures of differential artificial selection in ten cattle breedsSophie Rothammer
Chair of Animal Genetics and Husbandry, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Veterinärstr, 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
BMC Genomics 14:908. 2013..We analysed 47,651 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) using Cross Population Extended Haplotype Homozygosity (XP-EHH)...
- Bovine polledness--an autosomal dominant trait with allelic heterogeneityIvica Medugorac
Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e39477. 2012..The distribution of genotypes of the two putative POLLED alleles in large semi-random sample (1,261 animals) supports the hypothesis of two independent mutations...
- Mapping of the bovine spinal muscular atrophy locus to Chromosome 24Ivica Medugorac
Lehrstuhl für Tierzucht und Allgemeine Landwirtschaftslehre, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Veterinarstr 13, D 80539 Munchen, Germany
Mamm Genome 14:383-91. 2003..Our findings offer an attractive animal model for a better understanding of human forms of SMA and for a probable anti-apoptotic synergy of SMN-BCL2 aggregates in mammals...
- Genetic diversity of European cattle breeds highlights the conservation value of traditional unselected breeds with high effective population sizeIvica Medugorac
Chair of Animal Genetics and Husbandry, The Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
Mol Ecol 18:3394-410. 2009....
- Fine-mapping and candidate gene analysis of bovine spinal muscular atrophyStefan Krebs
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Institute for Animal Breeding, The Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Veterinaerstrasse 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
Mamm Genome 17:67-76. 2006....
- RNaseCut: a MALDI mass spectrometry-based method for SNP discoveryStefan Krebs
Institute for Animal Breeding, Veterinary Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University, Veterinarstrasse 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 31:e37. 2003....
- Mapping of a milk production quantitative trait locus to a 1.056 Mb region on bovine chromosome 5 in the Fleckvieh dual purpose cattle breedAshraf Awad
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Veterinärstr, 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
Genet Sel Evol 43:8. 2011..Our objective here was to refine the position of this QTL and to define the candidate region for high-throughput sequencing...
- A missense mutation in the 3-ketodihydrosphingosine reductase FVT1 as candidate causal mutation for bovine spinal muscular atrophyStefan Krebs
Institute for Animal Breeding, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University, Veterinarstrasse 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:6746-51. 2007..This result provides an animal model for understanding the underlying mechanisms of the development of SMA and will allow efficient selection against the disease in cattle...
- Tissue-specific and minor inter-individual variation in imprinting of IGF2R is a common feature of Bos taurus Concepti and not correlated with fetal weightDaniela Bebbere
Chair for Molecular Animal Breeding and Biotechnology, Gene Center, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e59564. 2013....
- Confirmation of a non-synonymous SNP in PNPLA8 as a candidate causal mutation for Weaver syndrome in Brown Swiss cattleElisabeth Kunz
Chair of Animal Genetics and Husbandry, Ludwig Maximilians Universitaet Muenchen, Veterinaerstr 13, 80539, Munich, Germany
Genet Sel Evol 48:21. 2016..In order to prevent the reemergence of the disease, this study aimed at mapping the gene that underlies Weaver syndrome and thus at providing the basis for direct genetic testing and monitoring of today's Braunvieh/Brown Swiss herds...
- Bovine spastic paresis: A review of the genetic background and perspectives for the futureVictoria Goeckmann
Chair of Animal Genetics and Husbandry, LMU Munich, Veterinarstr 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
Vet J 216:64-71. 2016..Consequently, future research is needed to determine the cause of spastic paresis. Procedures that will help test the null-hypothesis ('BSP is not hereditary') and possible modes of inheritance are discussed in this review. ..