Affiliation: University of Mainz
- Genome-based examination of chlorophyll and carotenoid biosynthesis in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiMartin Lohr
Institut für Allgemeine Botanik Johannes Gutenberg Universität, 55099 Mainz, Germany
Plant Physiol 138:490-515. 2005..This work is directing us toward the exploration of the role of specific photoreceptors in the biosynthesis of pigments and the coordination of pigment biosynthesis with the synthesis of proteins of the photosynthetic apparatus...
- Isoprenoid biosynthesis in eukaryotic phototrophs: a spotlight on algaeMartin Lohr
Institut fur Allgemeine Botanik, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, 55099 Mainz, Germany
Plant Sci 185:9-22. 2012..The review concludes with some perspectives on genetic engineering of the isoprenoid metabolism in algae...
- Chlamydomonas reinhardtii in the landscape of pigmentsArthur R Grossman
The Carnegie Institution of Washington, Department of Plant Biology, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Annu Rev Genet 38:119-73. 2004..These areas of research have become especially attractive for intensive development with the application of potent molecular and genomic tools currently being applied to studies of C. reinhardtii...
- The Chlamydomonas genome reveals the evolution of key animal and plant functionsSabeeha S Merchant
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Science 318:245-50. 2007....
- The regulation of carbon and nutrient assimilation in diatoms is significantly different from green algaeChristian Wilhelm
Department of Plant Physiology, Institute of Biology I, University of Leipzig, Johannisallee 23, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Protist 157:91-124. 2006
- The tiny eukaryote Ostreococcus provides genomic insights into the paradox of plankton speciationBrian Palenik
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0202, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:7705-10. 2007..As reported here, selenoenzymes, novel fusion proteins, and loss of some major protein families including ones associated with chromatin are likely important adaptations for achieving a small cell size...
- The Physcomitrella genome reveals evolutionary insights into the conquest of land by plantsStefan A Rensing
Plant Biotechnology, Faculty of Biology, University of Freiburg, Schaenzlestrasse 1, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Science 319:64-9. 2008..The Physcomitrella genome provides a resource for phylogenetic inferences about gene function and for experimental analysis of plant processes through this plant's unique facility for reverse genetics...