Genomes and Genes
Daniel F Legler
Affiliation: University of Konstanz
- Recruitment of TNF receptor 1 to lipid rafts is essential for TNFalpha-mediated NF-kappaB activationDaniel F Legler
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, BIL Biomedical Research Center, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Immunity 18:655-64. 2003..We suggest that lipid rafts are crucial for the outcome of TNFalpha-activated signaling pathways...
- The alpha v beta 3 integrin as a tumor homing ligand for lymphocytesDaniel F Legler
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, BIL Biomedical Research Center, Epalinges, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 34:1608-16. 2004..These painted lymphocytes specifically bound to alpha v beta 3 in vitro and homed to vascularized, solid tumors in vivo. This novel strategy may provide a significant advance in anti-tumor treatment such as adoptive immune therapy...
- Differential insertion of GPI-anchored GFPs into lipid rafts of live cellsDaniel F Legler
Department of Biology, Division of Immunology, University of Konstanz, Universitatsstrasse 10, Room P1105, Konstanz 78457, Germany
FASEB J 19:73-5. 2005..Thus, this study provides evidence that different GPI signal sequences lead to distinct membrane microdomain localization and that painted GFP-GPI(DAF) serves as an excellent fluorescent marker for lipid rafts in live cells...
- Prostaglandin E(2) enhances T-cell proliferation by inducing the costimulatory molecules OX40L, CD70, and 4-1BBL on dendritic cellsPetra Krause
Biotechnology Institute Thurgau BITg, University of Konstanz, Kreuzlingen, Switzerland
Blood 113:2451-60. 2009..This newly identified parameter will help to further optimize DC-based immunotherapy...
- Increased mobility of major histocompatibility complex I-peptide complexes decreases the sensitivity of antigen recognitionJean Manuel Segura
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Lausanne Branch, University of Lausanne, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 283:24254-63. 2008....
- Converse regulation of CCR7-driven human dendritic cell migration by prostaglandin E₂ and liver X receptor activationMarkus Bruckner
Biotechnology Institute Thurgau, University of Konstanz, Kreuzlingen, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 42:2949-58. 2012..In contrast, production of MMP9, CCL4, COX-2, and IL-23 is solely regulated by PGE(2) , but not by LXR activation, offering new perspectives for therapeutic interventions...
- A novel cytosolic class I antigen-processing pathway for endoplasmic-reticulum-targeted proteinsEva Schlosser
Division of Immunology, Department of Biology, Postbox M661, Universitatstrasse 10, University of Constance, Konstanz D 78457, Germany
EMBO Rep 8:945-51. 2007....
- Definition of key variables for the induction of optimal NY-ESO-1-specific T cells in HLA transgene miceAlexandre Johannsen
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Lausanne Branch, Epalinges, Switzerland
J Immunol 185:3445-55. 2010..These findings provide new opportunities for improving T cell cancer vaccines...
- Cross-talk between TCR and CCR7 signaling sets a temporal threshold for enhanced T lymphocyte migrationKarin Schaeuble
Biotechnology Institute Thurgau, University of Konstanz, CH 8280 Kreuzlingen, Switzerland
J Immunol 187:5645-52. 2011..Collectively, we characterize a cross-talk between the TCR and CCR7 and provide mechanistic evidence that the activation status of T cells controls lymphocyte motility and sets a threshold for their migratory response...
- CARMA1 is a critical lipid raft-associated regulator of TCR-induced NF-kappa B activationOlivier Gaide
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, BIL Biomedical Research Center, Chemin des Boveresses 155, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Nat Immunol 3:836-43. 2002..Together, our data show that CARMA1 is a critical lipid raft-associated regulator of TCR-induced NF-kappa B activation and CD28 costimulation-dependent Jnk activation...
- The beta1 and beta3 integrins promote T cell receptor-mediated cytotoxic T lymphocyte activationMarie Agnès Doucey
Institute for Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 278:26983-91. 2003..The T cell receptor, by association with Pyk2, becomes part of this adhesion-induced activation cluster, which greatly increases its signaling...
- Preformed reggie/flotillin caps: stable priming platforms for macrodomain assembly in T cellsMatthias F Langhorst
Developmental Neurobiology Group, Department of Biology, University of Konstanz, Konstanz, Germany
FASEB J 20:711-3. 2006..Thus, the preformed reggie/flotillin caps are stable priming platforms for the assembly of multiprotein complexes controlling actin reorganization during T cell activation...
- Distinct motifs in the chemokine receptor CCR7 regulate signal transduction, receptor trafficking and chemotaxisCarolina Otero
Department of Biology, Division of Immunology, University of Konstanz, Konstanz, Germany
J Cell Sci 121:2759-67. 2008..Finally, G-protein coupling was critical for [Ca2+](i) mobilization, Erk1/2 phosphorylation and chemotaxis, but not for CCR7 trafficking...
- PrPc capping in T cells promotes its association with the lipid raft proteins reggie-1 and reggie-2 and leads to signal transductionClaudia A O Stuermer
Department of Biology University of Konstanz, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
FASEB J 18:1731-3. 2004....
- V domain of RAGE interacts with AGEs on prostate carcinoma cellsEdith Uetz von Allmen
Biotechnology Institute Thurgau, University of Konstanz, Kreuzlingen, Switzerland
Prostate 68:748-58. 2008..However, the mechanism of RAGE/sRAGE-induced cancer cell activation and ligand usage remain largely unknown...
- Prostaglandin E2 is a key factor for monocyte-derived dendritic cell maturation: enhanced T cell stimulatory capacity despite IDOPetra Krause
Biotechnology Institute Thurgau BITg, University of Konstanz, Unterseestrasse 47, CH 8280, Kreuzlingen, Switzerland
J Leukoc Biol 82:1106-14. 2007..As PGE(2) is critical for DC migration and enhances the capability of MoDCs to induce T cell proliferation, we highly recommend supplementing DC maturation stimuli with PGE(2) for use in clinical trials...
- The STEAP1262-270 peptide encapsulated into PLGA microspheres elicits strong cytotoxic T cell immunity in HLA-A*0201 transgenic mice-A new approach to immunotherapy against prostate carcinomaValerie L Herrmann
Division of Immunology, Department of Biology, University of Konstanz, Konstanz, Germany
Prostate 76:456-68. 2016..The critical step for the translation to humans is the identification of immunogenic tumor antigens and potent vaccine formulations to overcome immune tolerance...
- Regulation of Sec16 levels and dynamics links proliferation and secretionKerstin D Tillmann
Biotechnology Institute Thurgau BITg at the University of Konstanz, Unterseestrasse 47, CH 8280 Kreuzlingen, Switzerland University of Konstanz, Universitatsstrasse 10, Konstanz 78464, Germany
J Cell Sci 128:670-82. 2015..This provides a mechanistic basis for the previously proposed link between secretion and proliferation. ..
- Soluble major histocompatibility complex-peptide octamers with impaired CD8 binding selectively induce Fas-dependent apoptosisPhilippe Guillaume
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Lausanne Branch, University of Lausanne, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 278:4500-9. 2003..Remarkably, however, this octamer efficiently activates CTLs for Fas (CD95)-dependent apoptosis...
- Opposite fate of endocytosed CCR7 and its ligands: recycling versus degradationCarolina Otero
Biotechnology Institute Thurgau, University of Konstanz, Konstanzerstrasse 19, CH 8274 Tägerwilen, Switzerland
J Immunol 177:2314-23. 2006..In contrast, internalized CCL19 was sorted to lysosomes for degradation, showing opposite fate for endocytosed CCR7 and its ligand...
- Posttranscriptional regulation of Fas (CD95) ligand killing activity by lipid raftsUeli Nachbur
Division of Immunopathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Bern, Murtenstr 31, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Blood 107:2790-6. 2006..We conclude that Fas ligand clustering in lipid rafts represents an important control mechanism in the regulation of T cell-mediated cytotoxicity...
- Prostaglandin E2 is generally required for human dendritic cell migration and exerts its effect via EP2 and EP4 receptorsDaniel F Legler
Biotechnology Institute Thurgau, Tägerwilen, Switzerland
J Immunol 176:966-73. 2006..Our results provide clear evidence that PGE2 is a general and mandatory factor for the development of a migratory phenotype of human MoDCs as well as for peripheral blood myeloid DCs...