Michael David Kraus
Affiliation: University of Konstanz
- Development of a Performance Improvement Program: A Workplace-Based Educational Intervention on Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Spinal TraumaMichael David Kraus
Centre for Orthopaedic, Trauma and Spine Surgery, Donau Ries Hospital Donauwoerth, Donauwoerth, Germany Electronic address
J Surg Educ 73:416-21. 2016..Performance improvement (PI) programs are an educational tool used to analyze clinical performance of clinicians. The effect of this tool has not been fully explored in orthopedic and trauma surgery...
- [Use of magnetic resonance imaging in orthopaedic trauma surgery: global needs analysis]M Kraus
Klinik für Wirbelsäulentherapie, Endoprothetik und orthopädische Onkologie, Hessing Stiftung Augsburg, Hessingstraße 17, 86199, Augsburg, Deutschland
Unfallchirurg 117:190, 192-6. 2014....
- Integration of fluoroscopy-based guidance in orthopaedic trauma surgery - a prospective cohort studyMichael Kraus
Ulm University, Institute of Research in Rehabilitation Medicine, Wuhrstrasse 2 1, 88422 Bad Buchau, Germany Federseeklinik Bad Buchau, Freihofgasse 14, 88422 Bad Buchau, Germany Electronic address
Injury 44:1486-92. 2013..Computer-assisted guidance systems are not used frequently for musculoskeletal injuries unless there are potential advantages. We investigated a novel fluoroscopy-based image guidance system in orthopaedic trauma surgery...
- Influence of fracture type and surgeon experience on the emission of radiation in distal radius fracturesMichael Kraus
Institute of Research in Rehabilitation Medicine, Ulm University, Freihofgasse 14, 88422 Bad Buchau, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 133:941-6. 2013..We hypothesize that the experience of the surgeon and the fracture type influence the emission of radiation intraoperatively...
- Image guidance shortens the learning curve for K-wire placement - an experimental studyMichael Kraus
Institute of Research in Rehabilitation Medicine, Ulm University, Wuhrstrasse 2 1, 88422, Bad Buchau, Germany
Int J Med Robot 9:52-7. 2013..This work evaluated a reference-free image-based guidance system. Outcome parameters were the number of trials needed to achieve an optimal wire position, the radiation and procedure time, and the learning curve...
- Navigated treatment of metatarsal V fractures using a new image based guidance systemMichael Kraus
Institute of Research in Rehabilitation Medicine at Ulm University, Wuhrstrasse 2 1, 88422, Bad Buchau, Germany
Int J Med Robot 8:441-7. 2012..Computer assisted imaging systems are rarely used for fracture treatment and foot surgery. We introduce a new system for image based guidance in traumatology...
- A novel method of image-based navigation in fracture surgeryMichael David Kraus
Department of Orthopaedic Trauma, Hand, Plastic, and Reconstructive Surgery, Ulm University Hospital, Steinhovelstrasse 9, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 132:741-50. 2012..The new system was integrated in the workflow and supports the surgeon as an aiming device. The role of navigation system in enhancing minimally invasive surgery of the shoulder should be further explored...
- Can computer-assisted surgery reduce the effective dose for spinal fusion and sacroiliac screw insertion?Michael David Kraus
Department of Orthopaedic Trauma, Hand, Plastic, and Reconstructive Surgery, Ulm University Hospital, Steinhoevelstr 9, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:2419-29. 2010..Computer-assisted technologies can help to reduce the emission of radiation; the effect on the patient's dose for the three-dimensional (3-D)-based technologies has not yet been evaluated...