Affiliation: University of Ulm
- Surface electromyography-verified muscular damage associated with the open dorsal approach to the lumbar spineM Kramer
Department of Trauma Surgery, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Ulm, Germany
Eur Spine J 10:414-20. 2001..On the basis of anatomical considerations, the damage pattern can be identified as having been caused by surgery. It is extremely unlikely that trauma is the cause...
- Surface electromyography of the paravertebral muscles in patients with chronic low back painMichael Kramer
Department of Trauma, Hand and Plastic Surgery, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 86:31-6. 2005..To investigate the differences in the electromyographic signals of patients with chronic low back pain (CLBP) and healthy subjects...
- Intramuscular pressure, tissue oxygenation and EMG fatigue measured during isometric fatigue-inducing contraction of the multifidus muscleM Kramer
Department of Trauma Surgery, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Ulm, Steinhoevelstrasse 9, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Eur Spine J 14:578-85. 2005..High intramuscular pressure values are not always associated with a hypoxia in muscle tissue. Tissue hypoxia is not automatically associated with a median frequency shift in the EMG signal's power spectrum...
- [Occupational disease 2108. Degenerative changes of the cervical spine as a causality criterion in the assessment of discogenic diseases according to BeKV 2108]E Hartwig
Abteilung für Unfall, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie der Universität Ulm
Unfallchirurg 106:306-12. 2003..In both groups, degenerative changes correlated with age. The prevailing assessment practice is discussed on the basis of these data...
- Guidelines for the intramuscular positioning of EMG electrodes in the semispinalis capitis and cervicis musclesM Kramer
Department of Traumasurgery, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Ulm, Steinhovelstrasse 9, 89075 Ulm, Germany
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 13:289-95. 2003..The technique enables intramuscular EMG measurements of the two muscles in manifold clinical problems...
- [Do injuries of the upper extremity in geriatric patients end up in helplessness? A prospective study for the outcome of distal radius and proximal humerus fractures in individuals over 65]T Einsiedel
Abteilung für Unfall, Hand, Plastische und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Ulm, Steinhovelstrasse 9, 89075, Ulm, Germany
Z Gerontol Geriatr 39:451-61. 2006..In both groups of patients there was a significant worsening in the ability of walking after injury, leading to two or more new falls in 24% of DRF and 28% of PHF patients...
- [Accident analytics for structural traumas of the cervical spine]E Hartwig
Klinik für Unfallchirurgie, Diakonissenkrankenhaus, Karlsruhe Rüppurr
Unfallchirurg 107:1135-41. 2004..Data from accident analysis of structural injuries to the cervical spine must be taken into consideration in causality examinations of distortions of the cervical spine...
- Larval viability and serological response in horses with long-term Trichinella spiralis infectionD E Hill
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Animal Parasitic Diseases Laboratory, BARC East Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Vet Parasitol 146:107-16. 2007..i. and the persistence of infective muscle larvae for at least 1 year, parasite recovery methods are currently the only suitable detection assays for both meat inspection and epidemiological studies of Trichinella infection in the horse...
- Diagnostic procedures after completion of oral immunisation against classical swine fever in wild boarV Kaden
Friedrich Loeffler Institut, Bundesforschungsinstitut für Tiergesundheit, Institut für Infektionsmedizin, Boddenblick 5a, 17493 Greifswald Insel Riems, Germany
Rev Sci Tech 25:989-97. 2006..Therefore, different serological procedures have been defined for different situations during the first three years after completion of oral immunisation...
- [Obesity--an interdisciplinary task]S Becker
Abteilung für Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Tubingen
Ther Umsch 63:509-14. 2006..The following article gives an account of this exemplary interdisciplinary cooperation...
- Potential risk factors associated with bovine spongiform encephalopathy in cattle from Schleswig-Holstein, GermanyC Pottgiesser
Institute for Epidemiology, Federal Research Institute for Animal Health, Friedrich Loeffler Institut, Wusterhausen, Germany
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 53:306-11. 2006..The results obtained using the indirect standardization analysis were validated by multiple logistic regression. This study indicates that the feedborne path has been the principal route of transmission for the BSE agent in SH...
- Animal disease outbreak control: the use of crisis management toolsK Kroschewski
Friedrich Loeffler Institute, Federal Research Institute for Animal Health, Institute of Epidemiology, Seestrasse 55, 16868 Wusterhausen Dosse, Germany
Rev Sci Tech 25:211-21. 2006..In this paper, the authors describe the use of these tools on the basis of their experience and in relation to what we can do now and what we should opt for in the future...
- Case report: the significance of genotyping for the epidemiological tracing of classical swine fever (CSF)K R Depner
Friedrich Loeffler lnstitut, Insel Riems Greifswald, Germany
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 113:159-62. 2006..This case is decribed in detail. The epidemiological significance of different diagnostic methods is discussed, in particular the genetic typing of CSF virus isolates...
- Enhancing the predictive value of throat swabs in virological influenza surveillanceK Leitmeyer
Robert Koch Institut, Berlin, Germany
Euro Surveill 7:180-3. 2002..PCR should be used for primary detection of influenza viruses...
- Analysis of sampling strategies to substantiate freedom from disease in large areasM Ziller
Federal Research Center for Virus Diseases of Animals, Institute of Epidemiology, Seestr 55, D 16868, Wusterhausen Dosse, Germany
Prev Vet Med 52:333-43. 2002..We used the herd-size situation in Germany, characterized by many small sheep holdings and only a few large ones. The consequences of real-test properties on sample sizes and on the applicability of several strategies are discussed...
- [BSE/TSE--the present epidemiologic and diagnostic situation]M H Groschup
Institut für neue und neuartige Tierseuchenerreger der Bundesforschungsanstalt für Viruskrankheiten der Tiere, Insel Riems
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 109:463-9. 2002..Between 1985 und 7 August 2002, scrapie was diagnosed in 26 sheep flocks in Germany, but alone during the year 2002 (until 7 August 2002) 11 scrapie affected sheep flocks were discovered...
- Shigellosis - a re-emerging sexually transmitted infection: outbreak in men having sex with men in BerlinU Marcus
Center of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Robert Koch Institut, Seestrasse 10, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Int J STD AIDS 15:533-7. 2004..Awareness among practitioners and among MSM about the risk of sexual transmission of orally transmitted agents needs to be raised...
- [Do organizational structures and factors influence the outcome of physiotherapy--a questionnaire survey related to whiplash-associated disorders]M Kramer
Abteilung Unfall, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Universitat Ulm
Z Orthop Ihre Grenzgeb 141:699-704. 2003....
- [First evaluation of the surveillance systems of notifiable diseases under the infectious disease control law in Germany]G Krause
Abteilung Infektionsepidemiologie, Robert Koch Institut, Berlin, Seestr 10, 13353 Berlin
Gesundheitswesen 65:S8-12. 2003..After more than one year of its existence, we investigated the success of the implementation of the new surveillance system with the aim to identify possibilities for further improvement...
- Risk factors for BSE-infections in Lower Saxony, GermanyA Ovelhey
Department of Biometry, Epidemiology and Information Processing, University of Veterinary Medicine, Hannover, Germany
Prev Vet Med 83:196-209. 2008..It nevertheless remains likely that commercial foodstuffs such as concentrated feed for calves were risk factors in Germany as well...