Affiliation: University of Leipzig
- Direct and indirect costs attributable to alcohol consumption in GermanyAlexander Konnopka
Health Economics Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Leipzig, Johannisallee 20, Leipzig, Germany
Pharmacoeconomics 25:605-18. 2007..To estimate the direct and indirect costs of morbidity and mortality attributable to alcohol consumption in Germany from a societal perspective in 2002...
- Cost effectiveness of ibandronate for the prevention of fractures in inflammatory bowel disease-related osteoporosis: cost-utility analysis using a Markov modelSimon Kreck
Health Economics Research Unit, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Pharmacoeconomics 26:311-28. 2008..However, no studies of the cost effectiveness of these agents in preventing fractures in patients with inflammatory bowel disease are available...
- Health burden and costs of obesity and overweight in GermanyA Konnopka
Department of Medical Sociology and Health Economics, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, 20246, Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Health Econ 12:345-52. 2011..Obesity and overweight are connected to considerable morbidity and mortality as well as societal costs. Improvement and further development of effective strategies for preventing and dealing with obesity and overweight are necessary...
- Cost effectiveness of the determination of autoantibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptide in the early diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritisA Konnopka
Health Economics Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1399-405. 2008..To estimate the incremental cost-effectiveness ratio (ICER) of antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptides (aCCP) in the early diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Cost-of-illness studies and cost-effectiveness analyses in anxiety disorders: a systematic reviewAlexander Konnopka
Health Economics Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Leipzig, Germany
J Affect Disord 114:14-31. 2009..To review cost-of-illness studies (COI) and cost-effectiveness analyses (CEA) conducted for anxiety disorders...
- The health and economic consequences of osteopenia- and osteoporosis-attributable hip fractures in Germany: estimation for 2002 and projection until 2050A Konnopka
Department of Psychiatry, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Osteoporos Int 20:1117-29. 2009..We found 108,341 OHF resulting in 2,998 million Euros cost, which will more than double by the year 2050, calling for improvement and development of prevention strategies for OHF...
- [The cost of schizophrenia in Germany: a systematic review of the literature]Alexander Konnopka
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Psychiatrie, Universitat Leipzig, Leipzig
Psychiatr Prax 36:211-8. 2009..The aim of this study was a systematic literature review of cost-of-illness studies for schizophrenia in Germany...
- The health and economic consequences of moderate alcohol consumption in Germany 2002Alexander Konnopka
University of Leipzig, Health Economics Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Leipzig, Germany
Value Health 12:253-61. 2009....
- The health burden and costs of incident fractures attributable to osteoporosis from 2010 to 2050 in Germany--a demographic simulation modelF Bleibler
Department for Medical Sociology and Health Economics, Hamburg Center for Health Economics, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Osteoporos Int 24:835-47. 2013..The burden of OAF will sharply increase until 2050. Future demand for hospital and long-term care can be expected to substantially rise and should be considered in future healthcare planning...
- Estimating the lifetime cost of childhood obesity in Germany: Results of a Markov ModelD Sonntag
Department of Health Economics and Health Services Research, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg Center for Health Economics HCHE, Hamburg, Germany
Pediatr Obes 10:416-22. 2015..Child obesity is a growing public health concern. Excess weight in childhood is known to be associated with a high risk of obesity and obesity-related comorbidities in adulthood...
- [Costs of diseases with long-term survival]C Brettschneider
Institut für Medizinische Soziologie, Sozialmedizin und Gesundheitsökonomie, Hamburg Center for Health Economics, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, 20246, Hamburg, Deutschland
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 55:468-73. 2012..Concerning the comparability of study results, a standardization of the methods of measuring costs is desirable...
- The long-term cost-effectiveness of obesity prevention interventions: systematic literature reviewT Lehnert
Department for Medical Sociology and Health Economics, Hamburg Center for Health Economics, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Obes Rev 13:537-53. 2012..e. fiscal and regulatory measures, reported the most favourable cost-effectiveness. Economic findings were accompanied by a large uncertainty though, which complicates judgments about the comparative cost-effectiveness of interventions...
- Age- and gender-specific prevalence of depression in latest-life--systematic review and meta-analysisM Luppa
Institute of Social Medicine, Occupational Health and Public Health, Public Health Research Unit, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Affect Disord 136:212-21. 2012..The objective of the study is to systematically analyze the prevalence of depression in latest life (75+), particularly focusing on age- and gender-specific rates across the latest-life age groups...
- [Health economic aspects of physical-mental comorbidity]T Lehnert
Institut für Medizinische Soziologie, Sozialmedizin und Gesundheitsökonomie, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, 20246, Hamburg
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 54:120-7. 2011..However, especially in health economics, mental comorbidity in somatic diseases has not been comprehensively investigated and further research is warranted...
- [Discriminative ability, construct validity and sensitivity to change of the EQ-5D quality of life questionnaire in paranoid schizophrenia]Alexander Konnopka
Stiftungsprofessur für Gesundheitsökonomie, Universitat Leipzig, Germany
Psychiatr Prax 33:330-6. 2006..To analyze the discriminative ability, construct validity and sensitivity to change of the EQ-5D in paranoid schizophrenia (ICD-10 F20.0)...